Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

Old 05-31-2007, 09:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 Dinan SBM S2 M6 SMG
Thumbs up Wooooooo Hooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just took delivery of my new ride!!! This has got to be the most incredible and technologically advanced vehicle I have ever driven!!!!!! Now I realize that the M6 was the best choice I've EVER made for an incredibly satisfying toy!

Thank you VERY much Malibu for your valuable input!!!! I'm confident that there are many miles of FUN yet to come!!!

Lummox
Old 05-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummox View Post
Just took delivery of my new ride!!! This has got to be the most incredible and technologically advanced vehicle I have ever driven!!!!!! Now I realize that the M6 was the best choice I've EVER made for an incredibly satisfying toy!

Thank you VERY much Malibu for your valuable input!!!! I'm confident that there are many miles of FUN yet to come!!!

Lummox
What did I say? Do I get credit for yet another successful sale of an M6? I sure hope your M6 has an oxygen tank and defibrillator but I am glad you are so happy with it. Post pics already! You big Lummox!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:10 PM
Past Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Jeremy - BMW
Mein Auto: 2006 Z4 3.0si Roadster
congrats man! we have one with the super duper sound system too...maybe tomorrow when im bored i will toss a CD in there and check it out based on your accolades. enjoy that bad boy and post some pics!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:28 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
BIGGG Wooops!!!!!!!!! Hey Mal, where do I delete the first two messages??? Sorry fir the extra bandwidth............

Lummox
Congratulations, you big Lummox, Mike. I look forward to seeing the pics.

So it's not to small for you? Wait till the extra 100 HP has been turned over to you for safe keeping (yeah).

Give us the details. Where did you get it. When? Is it new or are you already able to press the whoooppeee button?

Only Beewang, our moderator, can extirpate the excess. And he's too lazy to do so. So, you now have 3 parallel threads going. Like the 3 parallel universes in which we can enjoy our cars.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:01 AM
M6 is here!!

Mein Auto: M6 Vert
Welcome to the club brother!!! I am on day 3 with mine and share the same exact sentiments!! Best car ever...best of luck to you and congrats!!
Old 06-01-2007, 09:28 AM

Hey M6ontheway, that is a beautiful color combo!

Okay, I bought it yesterday for sticker from a race buddy who works at Nick Alexander Imports in L.A. Got a slightly better deal than the auto broker was offering. I can only fit comfortably by driving barefoot, as it gives me about another inch or two of legspace. It now has about 400 miles on it, and I'm learning the benfits of the paddles vs automatic mode. This car is totally awesome, although you really need to pay attention to all of your moves from steering to braking and shifting. I tried to change from automatic to manual shifting, and accidentally found neutral. Figured it out when the tach in the HUD went into the yellow, and I wasn't going anywhere. Note to self: TURN DOWN THE RADIO when driving "hot" so as to listen to the engine and respond accordingly!!!!!!! Still breaking it in, staying below 5500 RPM. Did I mention that the new option for the enhanced premium sound is UNBELIEVABLE????? What a joy!!!!!!!!!!!!

My apologies for the multiple posts. This is the first forum that I have joined, and I'm still learning the mechanics of the website. DOH!!!

Okay, I'm in the market for an exhaust system, although keeping the factory headers so as not to void the warranty. Looking for feedback, good or bad, and what works, and what to stay away from. Going to black powdercoat the wheels like someone else did (can't remember where I saw them on here) except the face of the spokes which will remain plain for accent. Window tinting will complete the package.

Will take some pictures in Carmel (if the sun comes out) and post them over the weekend.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:49 PM
M6 is here!!

You must be pretty big...Shoeless driving for more room!! Best of luck again my friend. Let me know what you decide with performance upgrades...I am toying with the exhaust idea but I really do enjoy the stock purr...
Old 06-01-2007, 04:34 PM
MB Driving Infidel

Mein Auto: R230
Does the M6 have resonators? I wonder if removing them would make it a bit louder without going too crazy.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:54 AM

Good question Murtaza! I'm just getting started with the thought of the after market stuff. Early results indicate that the SuperSprint guys make some great stuff that won't piss off too many folk. Stay tuned............
Old 06-02-2007, 04:28 PM
M6 is here!!

I was toying with the idea as well...but I dont know, it sounds pretty damn good to me already...
Old 06-02-2007, 04:54 PM

After doing a little checking, I think that I will go with SuperSprint Race mufflers, which sound better without paying for a noise penalty. Don't know just yet if I will get the exhaust replaced from the header back, or from the cat back. Need to think about passing Kalifornia emissions testing if 4 years, and not voiding the warranty.

Other than the exhaust, I'll probably only augment the intake. There is some new product about to be released. I'll report when it becomes a reality.

Man, somebody on here said that the Sapphire Black looks dirty all the time? They weren't kidding! It's shimmers in the sunlight when close, although at a distance looks "dusty"............ Who cares?!?!?!?!?!? What a CAR!!!!!
Old 06-02-2007, 05:07 PM
M6 is here!!

Are they deeper than stock or just louder? Warranty is a huge concern too... I wont do anything to void it, just not worth it.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:27 PM

As I understand it, a little of both. That's kinda what I was looking for. Need to hear what I'm drivin'................ Will have to wait a couple of weeks before they get installed............
Old 06-02-2007, 06:01 PM

Mein Auto:
Lummox - You've had it, what, 2-3 days?

I would suggest you simply enjoy your beast for a while before you jump to making changes. On the 6er board I saw guys go through 2-3 sets of wheels and an exhaust system or two before they realized that all they were doing was screwing up their warranties and blowing money faster than an M6 can burn gas.

With the top down, in a tight canyon, the V10 roar (after the break in, of course), is mighty loud and quite amazing. Anyone screwing with that would also be drawing moustaches on the Mona Lisa.

Why don't you see what she will do (you're weeks away from that) before you do what you can see?
Old 06-02-2007, 06:04 PM
M6 is here!!

I have to agree with Mal on this...I was deadset on modding it before I picked it up...I have the top down all the time and even at idle I love the purr. I think I am going to keep my money in my pocket as this car is as close to perfect as possible. Thats without WOT or the M button engaged...its only gonna get better
Old 06-02-2007, 07:50 PM

Mein Auto:
WOT, P500 sport, speed shift 6 and DSC off, the whine and then the BANG! from first to second is awesome. If I were a young whipper snapper I'd say it was sick. I don't know what this car "needs" except an open road and a willing driver with a big wallet. Of all cars to mod, and mess up, this ain't it.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:48 AM

Might just heed your advice guys. Going on a camping trip next week, and the week after it should have the magic 1200. I'll schedule the service, and then go find some quiet roads for a REAL test drive to stretch her legs. There are a lot of mods, many that will void the warranty I've learned, so I'm in no hurry to do anything. I'm only doing passive stuff that will keep the car stock, and the service manager happy.

While were on the subject, I' going to powdercoat the wheels black, except for the faces of the spokes. The question is flat or gloss??? Someone on here did gloss, and some shop rats are saying that flat is the look??? I was leaning towards gloss. Your thoughts?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:29 AM
M6 is here!!

I like gloss too. Mike are you looking to do performance upgrades? I was checking into evosport pulley, I dont think that is going to void our warranty and it gives a nice little hp and torque boost. Fairly reasonable too $699 I think it was. It was close to a 30hp gain, I forget the torque gain.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:49 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Might just heed your advice guys. Going on a camping trip next week, and the week after it should have the magic 1200. I'll schedule the service, and then go find some quiet roads for a REAL test drive to stretch her legs. There are a lot of mods, many that will void the warranty I've learned, so I'm in no hurry to do anything. I'm only doing passive stuff that will keep the car stock, and the service manager happy.

While were on the subject, I' going to powdercoat the wheels black, except for the faces of the spokes. The question is flat or gloss??? Someone on here did gloss, and some shop rats are saying that flat is the look??? I was leaning towards gloss. Your thoughts?
Lord Powdercoat, Prince of the Lummoxes.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:56 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6OnTheWay View Post
I like gloss too. Mike are you looking to do performance upgrades? I was checking into evosport pulley, I dont think that is going to void our warranty and it gives a nice little hp and torque boost. Fairly reasonable too $699 I think it was. It was close to a 30hp gain, I forget the torque gain.
Evosport advertises that it is "easily reversible." http://www.evosport.com/product/prod...VO.PER.B60.P01

Why do you think that is? I suspect it's so that your dealer will not know you did it. And that it voids the warranty if you are caught.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:03 AM
M6 is here!!

ooops Mal caught me!!! I guess you are right...why do I insist on researching these stupid ideas??? I've never tuned a car or changed anything in any of my car in my life...why start now??????????
Old 06-03-2007, 11:42 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6OntheDriveway
I've never tuned a car or changed anything in any of my car in my life...why start now??????????
Caveat emptor

Quote:
Posted on Evosport site:
Many parts sold by evosport are intended for off-road use only and may not be legal for street use. evosport makes no representation with respect to the legality for street use of any parts sold or their ability to pass emissions tests in any State. Customer understands that it is his sole responsibility to determine applicability of local, State and Federal laws and compliance with them prior to using purchased parts on any vehicle driven on the street. EVOSPORT MAKES NO REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER THAT INSTALLATION AND/OR USE OF PARTS PURCHASED FROM EVOSPORT WILL NOT HAVE A NEGATIVE EFFECT ON ANY WARRANTY THAT MAY EXIST ON CUSTOMERíS VEHICLE. CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THAT HE ASSUMES ALL LIABILITY AND RISK ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF PRODUCTS SOLD BY EVOSPORT.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:37 PM

Hey Mal, thanks for the new name and Knightship! Before I do anything, I will speak with the service manager at my local dealership, as he is the one that will void my warranty for upgrades and options. I have been down this road with my Ford diesel pickup, trying not to void the warranty when making performance upgrades. It bites!!!! I'm not really looking for horsepower, just want to hear this baby sing! I'm at 700 miles, and she'll have to sit for 10 days until I return from camping. Then it gets some more miles, a service, and the fun begins! I am really looking forward to hearing what the service manager says, as I don't want to have to put everything stock back on just to pass smog in 4 years.

Think that I will be going gloss black on the wheels, except the face of the spokes, which will remain that slight gray tinge. Looking at Wheel Techniques here in Sacramento, CA.

Sheesh! Trying to get out of peoples way on the road, and it just doesn't work. Everybody wants to get a closer look at this beauty!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:26 AM
M6 is here!!

Post up some pics after you get that done, should look beautiful. I was thinking of doing that too but I love my rims too much to change them...I just love this car too much to change anything about it!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 09:20 AM

Count on it! Photos will be posted as soon as they project is completed.