Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 06-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Send a message via Yahoo to zeplin0325
Mein Auto: E36 325i
Idiot Parking

I'm sure a lot of you guys have heard me rant about the idiocies of the drivers here in Macau, and here's another one...

I went down a few minutes ago to drop coins in the meter, and I see these an Imprezza station wagon parked in front of my baby...

And a Kia tourist van behind...

Why the hell do they have to park so bloody close, when they have over 3 feet on the other end??!!! (I know, I checked, but forgot to snap pics)

It's idiots like this that really ruin the day... And to think I make sure that I was right smack in the middle of the marked space just so that the others can get out without harming my baby!!!

And if you take a close look at the Imprezza, he already has a few kiss marks on his ass... I just hope that these guys are gone before I get down, and left real carefully too (I took down their plates and will break some windows if they decided to autograph my baby!!!)...

EDIT: Any of you guys experience this crap too? Share share... At least ranting is better than keying or breaking windows... 2 Wrongs are not equal to 1 Right...

My Son...
At a year and half he could name car brands by the logos...
At 2 years old he could name car models just by looking at the body...
Now he's not even 4 years old and he can tell it's me coming up the road at night by looking at the headlights...
Car Enthusiast in the making?[/SIZE]

Last edited by zeplin0325; 06-11-2007 at 02:15 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 06-11-2007, 02:03 AM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
I know, I hate that too. That always happens to me when I go to SF or Oakland or anywhere.

Heck, it happens in my little sleepy suburb in the parallel spots.

I TOTALLY FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!! Sorry buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 06-11-2007, 02:14 AM
Jack Of All Trades

And the real pain is that 90% of the slots here are marked with broad white lines... I don't think these guys learned to color within the borders in kindergarten...

Another time, I was fortunate enough to park between two small cars (Daihatsu Move behind and BMW Mini Cooper in front), and that left a lot of space in front and behind me... No biggy, I just park between the lines like I always do... When I get down an hour later, I see two mopeds parked behind me, leaving about 6 inches to move, and another moped in front, but parked slanting, so the front wheel was almost touching the Mini and his rear wheel was 3 inches from my plate number... I had half a mind to roll all 3 mopeds into the middle of the street and leave them there, but I just thought of how much traffic I'd be blocking...

My Son...
Now he's not even 4 years old and he can tell it's me coming up the road at night by looking at the headlights...
Old 06-11-2007, 03:22 AM
I Am The Machine

I would've rolled them behind an alleyway...quite easily.

Teach the retards to park where they aren't supposed to.
You have to go the inconvenience of moving the mopeds because of their inconsideration, they can go find the damn things!

Quote:
You're a derbanana
Old 06-11-2007, 04:01 AM
Still here

Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
I sometimes wish i had an old banger so i could just smash my way out!!!

Edirty6 for life
Old 06-11-2007, 04:52 AM
Go you Good Thing

Mein Auto: e36 316I M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate_copy View Post
I sometimes wish i had an old banger so i could just smash my way out!!!
Pirate. I just realised you have the 2 door coupe...I was thinking you had the 4 door sedan........its SWEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT
The best predictor for future behaviour, is past behaviour. ALSO, IT SHOULD BE NOTED:......AMATURES BUILT THE ARK..AND PROFESSIONALS BUILT THE TITANIC..................QUOTE FOR THE DAY.. Good drivers know how to get out of trouble, and better drivers know how to avoid it.....The Cone 2006 & 2007
Old 06-11-2007, 05:02 AM
Still here

Thanks buddy!!

Went to a car show yesterday, will post some pics later.

Edirty6 for life
Old 06-11-2007, 05:21 AM
Monacoblau mit beige

Mein Auto: '07 E92 330i Manual
I feel for your zeplin, same things happens pretty much everywhere I guess. The other day I had to wait 15 minutes for some idiot to turn up and move his car.

If you can manage to get out of the space, retribution can be sought by clamping their vehicle and issuing a false ticket and driving off.

18" alloys - Sport seats - "Professional" Navigation - Bluetooth - DAB tuner - Extended interior light package - PDC
Heated front seats - Beige Dakota leather - Dark grey poplar trim - Anthracite headliner - Advanced loudspeaker system

Old 06-11-2007, 05:55 AM
Go you Good Thing

Mein Auto: e36 316I M
I just remembered a parking incident many years ago.

A crook got locked up and I was tasked (with my offsider) to take him to the court for a bail application. Anyway when we got to the court, there was a black merc parked in the police parking at the end of the prisoner loading dock. So, I backed the truck up, and stopped. The driver was there, talking of a mobile fone, so I said, do you mind moving, seeing you are parked in the police parking..all nice and polite, he said.......NO, Im busy, cant you see that. So, knowing that a parking ticket is just a fine and nothing else, I said, No probs mate.....sorry to bother you and all.......and we took the crook inside the court. Our vehicle was blocking the drive so the merc couldnt get out.

Anyway, after like 7 hours at court (mind you we had like 5 coffees in the cafe and did some personal shopping) we returned to our vehicle to a VERY irate motorist (turns out he was a barrister), and did he have the sh1ts..LOL...he was going to get us the sack..make complaint...blah blah blah.....Well....never heard of it agian, but sh1t.....I went home with a good feeling that day....LOL
The best predictor for future behaviour, is past behaviour. ALSO, IT SHOULD BE NOTED:......AMATURES BUILT THE ARK..AND PROFESSIONALS BUILT THE TITANIC..................QUOTE FOR THE DAY.. Good drivers know how to get out of trouble, and better drivers know how to avoid it.....The Cone 2006 & 2007
Old 06-11-2007, 06:14 AM
Resident Pilot

Mein Auto: BMW Not Found
As long as nobody hits me, I don't mind too terribly. I can wedge my car into some places I never thought I could. You just have to Austin Powers it in and out...

Once someone hits my car, then they're toast...
Then again, if they hit me and bust my bumper, it could mean a free, albeit unpainted, M3 bumper.

1993 325is - Frigg - Grounded
2001 Z3 2.5 - Išunn - Active
Old 06-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bmw325i /318ic
maybe carry cones in the trunk like the electrical power truck guys..place one in the front other in the back..i like the better idea..drive a huge early 1970 p.o.s ..
Old 06-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Vert Owners Do It Topless

Mein Auto: 1995 320i Convertible
I saw this fantastic note someone has written on a car involved in such an incident. It read [and please excuse my language

"Next time you decide to park this close to my car, make sure you leave me a fcuking can opener so I can get out"

E36 320i Convertible - Superchipped - K&N Apollo CAI - Green Stuff Pads - NGK Iridium IX plugs - Pioneer MP3 Headunit - JL Audio Kick Panel Speaker Pods - Wind Deflector - M3 Style Spoiler. 18" Bridgestone 225/40/R18. M Sport type Alloys as fitted on new E90. Alloy Billet Strut Brace, M3 type front bumper, M3 type rear Diffuser. Royal Purple. Hard Top.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Ramming speed Captain!
Old 06-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Vert Owners Do It Topless

Mein Auto: 1995 320i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanc3r View Post
Ramming speed Captain!
or failing that....'Beam me up Scotty'
E36 320i Convertible - Superchipped - K&N Apollo CAI - Green Stuff Pads - NGK Iridium IX plugs - Pioneer MP3 Headunit - JL Audio Kick Panel Speaker Pods - Wind Deflector - M3 Style Spoiler. 18" Bridgestone 225/40/R18. M Sport type Alloys as fitted on new E90. Alloy Billet Strut Brace, M3 type front bumper, M3 type rear Diffuser. Royal Purple. Hard Top.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Angel View Post
or failing that....'Beam me up Scotty'
Old 06-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCANDINAVIAN13 View Post
As long as nobody hits me, I don't mind too terribly. I can wedge my car into some places I never thought I could. You just have to Austin Powers it in and out...

Once someone hits my car, then they're toast...
Then again, if they hit me and bust my bumper, it could mean a free, albeit unpainted, M3 bumper.
True... And I used to have that mindset as well... Basically give me 4 inches on both ends and I can weave out in 4 tries...

I'm not really griping because drivers here box you in, though it can be a pain in the ass if you're in a hurry... What's irritating is that they are idiots who actually ram cars on the way out... Front end it's not that noticeable, except on the plastic molding... But then on the rear end, specially with the Lancers who have those Evolution extended bumpers or Civics with the similar kind of extensions (No offense meant, I used to drive both before), they leave white scratches and dots on the rear...

My Son...
Old 06-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Resident Pilot

Mein Auto: BMW Not Found
Yeah. People in general just need to learn how to drive...

1993 325is - Frigg - Grounded
2001 Z3 2.5 - Išunn - Active
Old 06-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Here's another one... I was in a hurry to get to a meeting, and this is what I saw when I got downstairs...

Needless to say I had to waste valuable time moving the darned moped...

My Son...
Old 06-22-2007, 10:29 PM
I Am The Machine

Lets just say that moped would not have been going anywhere if he had parked behind me....
If I lived in an area where I had such a regular problem with people that parked like that (luckily I usually don't have to park on the streets, and there aren't many mopeds), I would carry a tire pressure gauge and a valve stem remover. Move the moped somewhere inconvenient for the owner, deflate tires, and remove the valve stems. Then leave a very nice little note on a Post-It on the moped, something like "Hi, Very sorry for the inconvenience. Please consider where you park next time. Have a good day"

Problem solved.

Well, maybe not, but at least you'll feel better after each time you do that!

Quote:
You're a derbanana
Old 06-23-2007, 01:53 AM
Monacoblau mit beige

Mein Auto: '07 E92 330i Manual
It would be quicker to kick that piece of sh1t over and then drive over it

The criminal damage charges attached wouldn't be so fun though.

18" alloys - Sport seats - "Professional" Navigation - Bluetooth - DAB tuner - Extended interior light package - PDC
Heated front seats - Beige Dakota leather - Dark grey poplar trim - Anthracite headliner - Advanced loudspeaker system

Old 06-23-2007, 02:46 AM
<-NIKi

Send a message via AIM to ianiac Send a message via Yahoo to ianiac
Mein Auto: E36 M3
Man that sucks.. Where I park ppl just steel my chromies and stand on my hood!!!..
Old 06-23-2007, 03:46 AM
Still here

I swear, there are some vindictive b4stards in the world!!!

B/\/\W and Phantom, i dont include you in that...i LOVE your ideas

Edirty6 for life
Old 06-23-2007, 05:03 AM

Send a message via MSN to BMWredneck Send a message via Yahoo to BMWredneck
Mein Auto: 96 318is Auto
I had a buddy that had some people that didnt like im. So one day while he was out of town they went and totaled his car. They jumped on the hood, on the roof, slashed his tires, broke all the windows, and headed to the inside of the car.
I thought it was hilarious because he was a two faced panty waist. But at least it was a POS 91 honda civic. the little hatchback one. Even though he just put a new hood and ground effects on it and stuff. But it was funny. We all thought so. But I swear I didnt do it.

And to remedy people parking too close when i do happen to parallel park, i just pull all the way up to the front of my box thingy, so when the nperson pulls in in front they have to pull farther up, so when im ready to leave I back up with my 4 ft and take off. Or i pick a corner spot where i wont be bothered. But hey, im not too worried if someone hits my car. I actually would prefer that they put my front bumper in the middle of my engine so their insurance will replace everything free of charge. And hey, if im in it, i might get a little pocket change. Then take care of the back of my car.
But of course i have full coverage insurance so either way my car is covered from roof to wheel.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:24 AM
BMW FETISH!!!

Send a message via MSN to DominguesE30
Mein Auto: `97 BMW 318is
never had any major issues here. Except when picking up a pizza i parked da bimmer in the carpark outside the shop on the street Btw its parrallel (how ever its spelt). Anyways the parking spots were all taken so some stooge parked his car like he was parking on a curb with his hazards on thus blocking me off. I had to wait a few minutes for him to return.

Beeeeeeeee Eeeeem Double-YOU!!!!
Old 06-23-2007, 05:56 AM

Mein Auto: '95 325i auto
A few years ago I returned to my 325i only to see that had someone make a crack in the plastic in my bumper and left a pizza ad (probably a faux "note" to impress anyone who happened to see the accident) under my windshield wiper.

Last summer I had another couple back into my pickup truck so hard it jerked their heads, and mine too since I was sitting in my truck at the time. Before I could even get out to check out the damage, they pulled out into busy traffic and took off. I did get their plate number but since it turned out to be just a scratch I figured that it wasn't worth my time to pursue it.

Not much you can do though, especially in the bimmer. But to help safeguard my new Toyota Tacoma Sport's painted rear bumper, even though it's a bit ugly, even when I don't plan to do any towing, I have the trailer hitch inserted in the receiver so anyone gaging their parking by running into the back of me will get an imprint of my trailer hitch in their bumper or grill instead of leaving a scratch on my bumper. Now if I can just find a BMW mod to outfit my bimmer with "self defense" trailer hitchs mounted front and rear?