Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 07-01-2007, 10:37 AM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
LOL you guys kill me.....

But about the vid: That was Salonika, Greece.
[my 2 cents:]
I don't see the problem, it was most likely after everything was closed off for the night (hence the empty lot) and at 2.10 on the left side there's a guy in what looks like a parking officer's vest, so I'm sure this was somehow sanctioned by someone who was in charge, seeing as it was likely long after the parking garage was closed. I have to say, seeing as he didn't really even flinch at those poles, he must have an excellent idea of where his car is, and obviously knows how to control it pretty well. Personally, I'm impressed. Even if I had the skill, I wouldn't risk it with those concrete poles, especially so closely spaced like that. So I think he's a bit stupid there. But, this is one of those things where he's not gonna hurt anyone who didn't wanna be there and risk it, he's in a closed area, and any damage he causes will just be to his own car, with the exception of a few easily reparable poles. So, it comes down to simply: Cool vid, great driver, I'm impressed!
[/my 2 cents]
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 07-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via MSN to BMWredneck Send a message via Yahoo to BMWredneck
Mein Auto: 96 318is Auto
i doubt his car would even damage those poles maybe leave some paint on them but thats it.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:14 PM

Mein Auto: nothin, but hopfully 323
theres nothing wrong with drifting, i just think he picked a stupid place to try... find an empty parking lot with nothing to hit... no one around.... no friend or nuthing just you, your car, and the pavement....

Rich
Old 07-01-2007, 09:14 PM
<-----Sweet Jesus!

Mein Auto: 92 325I & 90 325I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Kid-91 View Post
theres nothing wrong with drifting, i just think he picked a stupid place to try... find an empty parking lot with nothing to hit... no one around.... no friend or nuthing just you, your car, and the pavement....

Rich
He picked that spot because there IS something to hit.

What you are is a question only you can answer
Old 07-02-2007, 06:26 AM
BMW FETISH!!!

Send a message via MSN to DominguesE30
Mein Auto: `97 BMW 318is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
LOL..I have the full version of this on my phone in the ringtone part, funny as ....I love the ending......'Holy sh1t dude'.........
LOL i got it on my fone aswell

"How would u like to go to the principals office?"
"how would u like to suck my balls mr.garrison?"

Beeeeeeeee Eeeeem Double-YOU!!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Dale Crane is the MAN!

Send a message via AIM to VTi
Mein Auto: 95 320i / 00 520i
Heh, what an assclown.

Why cant people bring their cars to proper tracks? At least there, the people that can drive are filtered !
Old 07-02-2007, 09:31 AM
dihedral

Mein Auto: 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DominguesE30 View Post
=

Tell me this bloke isnt the biggest nutcase going around? But damn that 318i holds well
I would like a contract to do maint/repairs on his vehicle. Fee for service, including tires.

I need to make another boat payment shortly.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:33 AM

Mein Auto: 318 Coupe
I have just watched it and lets be honest the guy has reasonable car control if nothing else. In the guys defence he wasn't going that fast and it didnt seem like he was reving the engine that much so he may have put a bit of oil on his rears to help them slide. All the people there would have been in there under their own free will so no innocents would have been hurt. At the end of the day, how many of you guys have hit 100mph in your cars? Surely thats more dangerous...
Old 07-02-2007, 06:03 PM
<----MY girl....

Send a message via AIM to jh1328
Mein Auto: e36 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTi View Post
Heh, what an assclown.

Why cant people bring their cars to proper tracks? At least there, the people that can drive are filtered !
for the same reason most skaters dont skateboard at a designated skate park. they use the city cus its close and they dont have the resources to go to a skate park every day...also they are few and far between. on top of that...its a thrill to do stunts of any kind in an area where they are possible but not meant for it...in no way am i advocating what he did, im just playing the devil's AD, and stating his most probable thought process...
Old 07-02-2007, 07:52 PM
twisty addict

Mein Auto: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum325 View Post
Dude a boot is something i wear on my foot. I don't say aboot i say about, i don't say Eh?
either and i don't live in an igloo!
haha liar.