Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Riuster = Rooster

Send a message via Skype™ to Riuster
Mein Auto: 02 M3, 07 X3 and 04 TSX
Why No Fogs

Better performance? what kind of lame excuse is this for not offering fogs for the e92 M3

Does it add more weight?, what like 2lbs? Does it add more friction...what the drag coefficient is now worse off than without fogs...

Put that accessory back in for crying out loud, BMW!!!!
02 CB/Blk Lthr, Cold/Prem. Pkgs, HK, Xenon, Rev. Alert, SMGII, ACS comps, Hamann Comps, OEM Bar, Intros Aero Pol 19s 2-3 In.lips, w/275 Potenzas, Koni S, RMS, AA GEN3, SS Midpipes, DDE lights, LED Retrofit, Lthr Steering, OEM Sheepskins, Kewood Amateur 7000, XM 2, V1, GT2, Garmin 7200, Carputer-SONY T140 with Xenarc display, CSL splitters, ACS diffuser

BMW 2007 AW X3, prem and cold pkg.
Acura 2004 CG TSX
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '01 M3 Coupe; '06 ML350
Fogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riuster View Post
Better performance? what kind of lame excuse is this for not offering fogs for the e92 M3

Does it add more weight?, what like 2lbs? Does it add more friction...what the drag coefficient is now worse off than without fogs...

Only rationale I've heard is for better brake cooling (vents aren't restricted like on the E46). Stock fogs aren't worth much in terms of light output, anyhow.

2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 M-B ML350 - Arctic/Black/Satin Ash
Old 06-26-2007, 01:12 PM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
agree. don't need them. they're only good for those who want to show off during clear nights.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:04 PM

Mein Auto: 07 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riuster View Post

I agree. I use them on dark roads, & in the fog... They also come on when you turn to help you see better on a real tight turn, and are more of a safety item then a ego item IMO.

-Mateo
Old 06-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Proud S ponsor

Mein Auto: Z4 M Cpe, Miata, X6 50i
Same reason neither the M5 nor M6 have fogs.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:22 PM

Mein Auto: 07 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by philippek View Post
Same reason neither the M5 nor M6 have fogs.
I understand brake cooling, and think it is a must. However if they are not easily added as a simple option, than that in and of itself is simply BS.

-Mateo
Old 06-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Proud S ponsor

Mein Auto: Z4 M Cpe, Miata, X6 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo View Post
I understand brake cooling, and think it is a must. However if they are not easily added as a simple option, than that in and of itself is simply BS.

-Mateo
You live in one of the few places in the U.S. where I would agree that they are *almost* necessary. The majority of people here don't know how to use them, and use them unnecessarily, thinking it looks cool.

For those who live in foggier climes and are lucky enough to an M3, M5 or M6, I say: slow down when it fogs up. Or leave the ///M in the garage and take the X5.