Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 07-03-2007, 04:24 AM
BMW FETISH!!!

Send a message via MSN to DominguesE30
Mein Auto: `97 BMW 318is
Drove the coupe today

Drove the bimmer today and the engine for once stayed around the half way mark. TUT TUT . I decided to open it up on a hill/slope road (without breaking the speed limit) and OH MY GOSH it sounded freakin awsome from inside . Just wondering, it doesnt sound like a stock 4 cylinder comparing to my mums mitsubishi and my untie's old one (finally gone into the tip, she drives a e46 325i). Now im just wondering if there is any tell tell signs that ive got the motorsport package (like cone has mentioned about his 316i) because:
1. Engine sound
2. Feels like its got more power that 104kw.

Thanks boys and girl(bimmer angel)

BMW POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beeeeeeeee Eeeeem Double-YOU!!!!
Ads by Google
Old 07-03-2007, 05:03 AM
Monacoblau mit beige

Mein Auto: '07 E92 330i Manual
I just got back from a journey and mine sounded like a ticking, whining 4 cylinder with worn tappets, and it does feel like 86kw!! Good enough for now though, until I come into some money when I start a lifetime of work

Glad you've got a nice sounding car, sorry can't help you on whether its got a motorsport package. I've heard that you can contact the dealer and give them your VIN and they will tell you what the car originally came with.

18" alloys - Sport seats - "Professional" Navigation - Bluetooth - DAB tuner - Extended interior light package - PDC
Heated front seats - Beige Dakota leather - Dark grey poplar trim - Anthracite headliner - Advanced loudspeaker system

Old 07-03-2007, 05:25 AM
BMW FETISH!!!

Send a message via MSN to DominguesE30
Mein Auto: `97 BMW 318is
if u havent heard my 318is, i taped it. I hit 5,000rpm and it sounded sweet on the last rev

And i was pulling away from traffic without trying. Its good because traffic used to pass me when i had my 325e. Which is stated to be quicker than the 318is. Soo i dont know. I can tell ya for sure that the 318is mauls my old 325e

Beeeeeeeee Eeeeem Double-YOU!!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 E90 325i
I think the 318is is a very good city car, the throttle is very responsive and sharp, good acceleration. It's been my OTHER choice when I was shopping for my car and i drove couple of them, and i opted for pretty much same power from the 320. It's bit more sleepy engine then yours, but sound of an inline 6 is unmistakable and i really like it bit more then screamy 318is. But some time back my friend had 318is with Remus exhaust, I mean that sounded awesome, really, with that whine sound and all that. But really, you do have a very sweet engine in that car, just I was afraid to buy it as they usually need major work after 200,000 km.

My guess is may be your car is just chipped which has some 10hp more, and engine is ever more sharpish. Can't be anything else if you say your exhaust is standard, air filter standard, etc.