Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E21 (1975 - 1983)

E21 (1975 - 1983)

Old 07-18-2007, 05:51 AM

Mein Auto: 1979 BMW 320i
1979 320i For Sale

My first post here. This may sound vaguely like the legendary come-on about a car that only my grandmother drove to church on Sundays, but here I go: My father bought a new Silver BMW 320i for my mom in 1979. She drove some around town, but they had a bigger family car that they took on trips. Anyway, my Mom is now 84 and she does the driving for both my parents. My dad, who is 89, was just recently advised by his doctor that he should not be driving anymore. They still have a family car but I have taken possession of the 320i so my dad won’t be tempted to take it on errands. I am trying to sell it for them. Here’s some basic info about the car. It has 115,700 miles and seems to drive well; interior is in excellent shape – blue leather; has AC but it’s not working great; has original radio, sunroof, has a minor long scratch along one side – have been advised that it might be able to be buffed out; a few slight dings here & there; cracked light cover on back. Never been in a wreck and it has been regularly serviced. I guess I’ll need to post photos to really give you a clearer picture of the car’s condition. Does anybody care to speculate on what it might be worth? I can shoot some more photos and perhaps post them here -0 sorry, I just realized how to do that, or I can send them to you directly. I’d be curious to know what I might expect to get for it – even a range would be helpful. And of course if anybody is interested I’ll be glad to answer any specific questions that you may have. Thanks, Eric Schoulda “ericjames”
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-014F.JPG
Views:	2232
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	115249  
Ads by Google
Old 07-24-2007, 02:31 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 320i - want another 1
Hi Eric,

I have this same car and I'm looking for another one to buy asap. I'm in Texas and my current car is about to be featured in a television show series. In looking for one in great shape, I can tell you that there was one on ebay the other day which had about 80,000 miles or less and they were asking $1395. The blue book value is lower.... I know that they are great cars, but a collector, would pay between $1200 to about $2000 for one in very, very good condition. The scratch on the side is probably fixable - rust is always an issue in cold weather places (exterior and underside). This year vehicle has one of the most inefficient air conditioning systems ever. It's a fault of the design plan, not of the owner.... Do you still have it? I'm interested in speaking with you about it, if so....
Old 07-26-2007, 09:19 PM

Mein Auto: 1979 BMW 320i
1979 320i - I still have it; more photos upon request

I do still have the 320i - am feeling a little embarrassed that I only included one photo in my first post. If you are interested in it, or would care to help me assess what it's worth after looking at more photos, or asking some questions, please email me at schoulda@hotmail.com. I can also be reached by phone at 336-945-0375. Please call between 9:00 AM and 10 PM Eastern time, and ask for Eric. Regards, Eric S.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:48 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 320i - want another 1
From Bim79gal re: car

Hi Eric,
I sent an email to your email address. Will call tomorrow (Tuesday). Fefinitely interested in the car!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:28 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
This 320i has been sold

This car was sold sometime ago