Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Automotive Supplier

Mein Auto: 2008 Corvette & 2006 GTO
135i M-bits?

Can we have this interior (with aluminum trim)?

http://www.desktopmachine.com/framep...4500&size=1024
Ads by Google
Old 07-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Lost

Mein Auto: 2003 M5
Man I am excited. I really like the simplicity of the interior. Very nicely put together with things where they should be.

That M trim looks like the same finish as the trim in my ZCP M.

Once again though I think the NA market will get shafted when it comes to these interior bits. They will wait as they always do till EOL and put out a ZHP type model with these bits included.

I for one will probably get the M dead pedal and the M wheel seperetly along with some after market aluminum pedals.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E90 330i 6-spd
Did you guys read the press release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNA
The standard M Sports Package for the 135i Coupe offers more performance and a striking look. Features of the M Sports Package include M Sports Suspension for higher traction and reduced body roll, 18-inch wheels with performance tires, M logo doorsill trims, an M leather sport steering wheel and an M logo footrest for the driver's left foot. The leather appointments on the gearshift lever and handbrake, as well as the handbrake handle are finished in high-quality soft leather. The roof lining on the M Sports Package comes in Anthracite, and the interior features offered in this package are rounded off by Glacier Silver aluminium interior trim that highlights the sporting character of the cockpit. The M Sports Suspension also comes with a high-performance brake system incorporating six-piston fixed calipers on the front axle and two-piston fixed calipers at the rear.

Last edited by TD; 07-19-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Lost

Mein Auto: 2003 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
Did you guys read the press release?
Oddly enough that same information appears no where on the NA website and why to ALL the 135i clips show the interior with no M bits????
Old 07-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Automotive Supplier

Mein Auto: 2008 Corvette & 2006 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD330ci View Post
Oddly enough that same information appears no where on the NA website and why to ALL the 135i clips show the interior with no M bits????
EXACTLY.

Which is why I worry!
Old 07-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335iC ED 14-Oct-08
+1

In typical fashion, BMW NA may bone us again and not even offer it as an option. Or, if it is an option it will be at uber premium cost.

Also, I signed up for the 1-series updates and the first update that was sent to me via Email had a bunch of interior pictures, NONE of them had the M-flare.

Here is the info directly from Email and Press Release -- while they give lip service to the 2002 and being sporty, they push luxury and probably to save money will reuse interior elements from either the current or past 3-series. So, no M-treatment for the US. So, its a 1 with a 3-series interior -- disappointing!

"Luxurious interior appointments with today's technology
The innovative interior design incorporates high-quality and sophisticated trim elements
with luxurious upholstery and color choices. A 60/40 split rear seat is standard. The control
console for the entertainment and air conditioning functions is integrated smoothly and
harmoniously into the dashboard through its soft radii and flowing surfaces. The controller
featured in the iDrive system with the optional Navigation system is integrated in the center
console, again following BMW's characteristic philosophy. Galvanized pearl gloss surfaces
adorn the interior door handles, the glove compartment handle, the radio's rotary knobs, the
knobs of the automatic air conditioning system, the iDrive Controller, and the ornamental
trim strips featured on the sports steering wheel.
The BMW 1 Series Coupe is available with a choice of two upholstery options-sporty and
comfortable Leatherette or rich Boston Leather. Boston Leather upholstery adds further
style to the high-quality impression of the interior. And as a practical feature, map pockets
are integrated in the lower part of the doors. The optional Sport Package includes sports
buckets seats with enhanced side support and are finished in highly distinctive leatherette
materials or Boston leather."

Last edited by Pedal2Floor; 07-20-2007 at 06:59 AM.