Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 02-28-2003, 01:08 PM
J

Send a message via AIM to jzdinan540i
Mein Auto: 2000 Dinan Stage 5 540/6
here you go, VD is a liar and never was a Karate man.

A complete FRAUD is what he is. Van DOrk zero, Segal 1

Celebrity Bio - Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean Claude Van Damme
Born: October 18, 1960
Marital Status: Married to Gladys Portugues
Children: Kristopher, Bianca, Nicolas
Ex-wives: Maria Mellie Abastidas Rodriguez , Cynthia Derderian, Gladys Portugues & Darcy LaPier

Jean Claude Van Damme's life story has the perfect makings for a mid-afternoon soap opera. Growing up he was by all reports, a very awkward child. He was short, thin, wore glasses and was in the ballet. It's hard to believe that this nerdy little kid would grow into a martial arts super star who would sport the nick name "Muscles from Brussels."

Jean Claude came to the United States in 1981, claiming to be the European Professional Karate Association's Middleweight Champion. Upon arrival, Van Damme took on the name Frank Cujo and attempted to make it into the movies. Unfortunately, the movie business didn't welcome him with open arms and his first experiences of working in America were as a chauffeur, carpet layer, pizza delivery driver and a bouncer. He didn't get his first break until 1984 when he landed a role in "Monaco Forever" as a gay martial artist and in 1985 when he was cast in "No Retreat No Surrender." These small roles fueled Van Damme's desire and he began signing movie deals with anyone who was willing. Though his popularity skyrocketed, Van Dame was locked into several low budget contracts. Jean-Claude estimates that he earned an average of $70,000 per picture for his first seven leading roles, a collection of films that starts with "Bloodsport" and moves on through "Black Eagle," "Cyborg," "Kickboxer," "Death Warrant," "Lionheart" and "Double Impact." It wasn't until "Universal Soldier" in 1992, that he would receive his first real Hollywood paycheck for $1 million. From then on, he made no less than $3 million per picture, peaking at $6.2 million with "Street Fighter."

As Jean Claude's success in Hollywood began to grow, his life underwent much scrutiny. His claims of being a European Champion were thoroughly researched and found to be false. Howard Hanson, President of the World Karate Association, only found evidence of Jean Claude competing in 1 amateur bout and writers from Black Belt Magazine have labeled him "a complete fraud." Though no proof of Van Damme's champion status was ever presented, Van Damme's lawyer, Martin Singer, made a public statement defending his client: "There are records to document his martial-arts acclaim. He's the one who does those splits on chairs. He doesn't have a stunt man do that."

Though his professional rise in Hollywood was a rocky road, it was nothing compared to his personal life. Jean Claud has been married five times and divorced four. Though he often refers to himself as a loving and devoted husband, his fourth wife, Darcy LaPier, filed for divorce, claiming the "Muscles from Brussels" terrorized her and their son, Nicholas. She also stated instances of mood swings and physical abuse, which she attributed to his cocaine addiction. Among LaPier's other claims: Van Damme threatened to kidnap their son and leave the United States; he threatened to kill one of her lawyers; and he once assaulted her so badly that she needed to go to the hospital. In 1996 their divorce was finalized and a Los Angeles Superior Court Judge granted LaPier custody of their son and Jean Claude was ordered to pay $27,000 a month in child support and $85,000 a month in spousal support. It was one of the largest litigated child support awards ever handed.

The stress of Hollywood combined with his failed marriages has apparently taken a toll. In 1996 Van Damme announced that he was battling a cocaine addition and admitted himself into a thirty-day substance-abuse program at the Daniel Freeman Marina Hospital in Los Angeles. He had only completed seven days of the program when he checked himself out. It would seem that the seven days of treatment weren't enough and in 1998 Van Damme announced that he had relapsed. Cocaine was not his only vice; he has also been in an ongoing battle with the bottle. In October of 1998 a drunken Van Damn had kissed an unwilling female at an Australian nightclub. The police questioned Van Damme, but no charges were filed. On September 23,1999 Van Damme was arrested for drinking and driving in West Hollywood. Though Van Damme has had his share of bad luck, one of the most amusing instances was his confrontation with his former bodyguard, Chuck Zito, in the New York topless nightclub, Scores. It seems that Van Damme was bad-mouthing Zito when the ex-bodyguard confronted him. Van Damn stood up, removed his glasses and prepared to demonstrate his champion martial arts ability. Though spectators couldn't agree whether it took one punch or two, the result was indisputable, Van Damme was out for the count.

Today, Jean Claude has remarried his third wife Gladys Portugues and is still pursuing his Hollywood career. Currently he is in production of "Abominable." Due to be released in 2000, Van Damme plays a park ranger working in a remote community, where a Bigfoot like creature is endangering the local residents.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AmasMagazine.com -- Last Revised: 04/12/2002 20:52:04
AMAS Magazine
Copyright 2000
contact@amasmagazine.com
U.S. 1-800-283-1299 or Outside U.S. 1-520-514-9025 Mon-Sat 9am-9pm PST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 02-28-2003, 01:13 PM
lurking

Mein Auto: 323ci, manual
TKD.

Ed328Ci: RE: injuries. any recommendation for swollen knuckles?
Old 02-28-2003, 01:18 PM
J

here it is guys.
Tell me how a real MA goes down with one punch?
The truth is he was a ballet dancer.

http://www.chuckzito.com/new1.html

To relieve your hands of swollen knuckles you should use DDJ, or tiger balm. Dit Daw Jow is the way to go.
Old 02-28-2003, 01:22 PM
Trying to tame the 'BEAST

Send a message via MSN to Greco
Mein Auto: '98 540i/6
Quote:
Originally posted by jzdinan540i
believe it or not this question comes up all the time on my MA boards.
About 10 years ago VD challenged Segal. VD was a kick boxer, nothing more, nothing less. Segal is a 7th Dan in Akido and is the highest ranking American. So you tell me who would win

Ohh Jean Claude Van Damme, I thought you were talking about Rob Van Dam...
Royal Purple Synchromax Transmission Fluid, GruppeM Ram Filter Charger
Old 02-28-2003, 02:57 PM
Grumpy and Cynical

Send a message via MSN to ed325i Send a message via Yahoo to ed325i
Mein Auto: 328Xi
Quote:
10 years ago he was, now Segal is a considered some diety in Budism...
Well, Segal's physique is getting to be more Buddha like day by day.

Ed
Old 02-28-2003, 03:04 PM
lurking

Quote:

To relieve your hands of swollen knuckles you should use DDJ, or tiger balm. Dit Daw Jow is the way to go.
what is ddj? some smelly ancient chinese secret oil concoction made from either banned or unknown substances?
Old 02-28-2003, 03:08 PM
Grumpy and Cynical

Quote:
Originally posted by HW
Ed328Ci: RE: injuries. any recommendation for swollen knuckles?
Ice and ibuprofen.

Ed
Old 02-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Grumpy and Cynical

Quote:
Originally posted by HW
what is ddj? some smelly ancient chinese secret oil concoction made from either banned or unknown substances?
I would stay away from ddj. Some formulations are found to have arsenic and other wonderful stuff. Studies have show ointments such as Tiger Balm are just skin irritants. They make you FEEL better because they simulate your skin, but does nothing for underlying tissue damage.

Ed
Old 02-28-2003, 03:16 PM
Brave corporate logo

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
American Tang Soo Do.
1st dan black belt in 1987.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:41 PM
lurking

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed328Ci
Ice and ibuprofen.

Ed
it's very not painful though. it's only slightly sensitive if i press on it. there is a lump the valley between the mid finger knuckle and 3rd finger and goes kinda white if i press on it.

looks like i may need to be my own herbalist

"recipes inside"

if i dont want to use the stuff that my mom is suggesting. i guess that would be the "ddj" stuff from source unknown from china w/ unknown ingredients.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:45 PM
In a ton of debt...

Mein Auto: Cars
Tiger Balm is the real deal. It works for almost anything. I keep a small jar in the office, at home, and in the car.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:00 PM
lurking

Quote:
Originally posted by Galun
Tiger Balm is the real deal. It works for almost anything. I keep a small jar in the office, at home, and in the car.
you mean like regularly use the stuff and smell like an old chinese lady?
Old 02-28-2003, 04:03 PM
Brave corporate logo

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally posted by HW
you mean like regularly use the stuff and smell like an old chinese lady?

Some women might find that attractive.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Broom
Not me ... ... I'm a lover ... not a fighter ...

Besides ... if I need protection ... my little buddy will take care of me ...

P.S. ... I like your business idea ... ... I have so many ideas pictured for this up and cuming venture ...
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 03-04-2003, 07:50 AM
J

DDJ does work and some are harmful if taken internally. I guess if in doubt don't eat it LOL
There are many available from online stores. The best is to obtain a reciepe from Brian Gray, or another Iron Palm practioner and then go to a herb store (perferably Chinese) and obtain the herbs. Making your own DDJ is simple. Grind the herbs and place them in a bottle of Vodka. The longer it sits the better the DDJ.
I question anyone who says the stuff doesn't work. I use it daily and have never had anything get me better results other then a shot of cortisone.