Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-01-2003, 12:06 PM
mbr129 mbr129 is offline
Why can't we get Diesels?
Location: In a suburb of beantown
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,280
Mein Auto: V70R, JGC, MCS
Changed my order to Imola Red

After discussing it with my fiancee, she agreed that maybe we should get it in Imola Red. I took her to see an Imola Red M3 at a dealership, and there was an electric red car close enough for her to recognize that it is a deeper red and it looked good with the black trim and other black features.

So I just emailed my salesman and asked him to make the change. Last night he told me to hurry because the car was at 111, and at 112 I wouldn't be able to change it anymore.

I hope I don't regret this.

EDIT: Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and advice.
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 03-01-2003, 12:22 PM
skyehill skyehill is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Chapel Hill
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 138
Mein Auto: 2003 330i (step.)
I hope you don't regret it either. I regretted getting the Topaz blue color instead of black on my 2000 BMW. Not a good feeling. I recommend staying with your initial choice.
  #3  
Old 03-01-2003, 12:50 PM
JeffW JeffW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Fhloston Paradise
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 144
Send a message via ICQ to JeffW Send a message via AIM to JeffW Send a message via Yahoo to JeffW
Mein Auto: 2003 M3 Coupe
BIG MISTAKE!!!

Noooo!!! You'll regret it!






I can't say enough how many times I have gotten a from passing cars on the freeway, gas station, parking lot... if you dig the attention, this IS the color to get! It screams LOOK AT ME! Though it can be a bit too much sometimes.

Cons: It's a lot harder to keep clean compared to my old TiSilver car, I could go on for 3 weeks without washing my old car with the Imola Red I can easily see dust less than a week after washing.


Jeff
www.pbase.com/jeffwong/imolaredm3

Last edited by JeffW; 03-02-2003 at 12:19 PM.
  #4  
Old 03-01-2003, 12:59 PM
ak330i's Avatar
ak330i ak330i is offline
TiAG 330i
Location: SE Michigan
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 375
Mein Auto: 2002 330i
I regret getting TiSilver over black. Black is best and most beautiful color. I though TiSilver was easy to keep clean, but not really true. Whenever I can't see the shine on the finish, it's dirty and TiSilver is not that good looking w/o shine.
__________________
  #5  
Old 03-01-2003, 01:32 PM
adrian's bmw's Avatar
adrian's bmw adrian's bmw is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: BMW/MINI of South Atlanta
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,718
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW AH 3 M Sport
Re: Imola

Pleeeeeeease get the Imola Red! I think it'll look super hot on the 330i.. it's like a cherry! I'm thinkin about getting a 330i ZHP when my lease is up on my 330xi in June and I've got my heart set for the Imola which, as you already know, is an exclusive color to the M line.

It's really a sexy, racy color.

Great choice, k?

And don't let that salesman pressure you on the 111. You can do one last minute change during 112. 112 means last chance to modify and usually lasts in that status for a few days before going to 150 production non-modifiable status.
__________________

Top Performing Client Advisor Performance Center and European Delivery Specialist
#1 European Delivery Specialist 2012

www.bmwofsouthatlanta.com
Accepting pre-reservations up to five months from now for all European Deliveries.
Previous BMW's owned: 1987 325is, 2001 330xi, 2006 330Cic, 2008 535xi Wagon, 2009 328i, 2012 328i
Personal European Deliveries: 5/2008: 335i Vert, 10/2009: 328i Vert, 9/2010: 528i, 11/2011: 640i Coupe, 11/2012 528i, 11/2013: 528i
  #6  
Old 03-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Dr. Phil's Avatar
Dr. Phil Dr. Phil is offline
The Original Dr. Phil
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,975
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Phil
Mein Auto: 2012 135 coupe
Re: BIG MISTAKE!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW
Noooo!!! You'll regret it!


I can't say enough how many times I have gotten a from passing cars on the freeway, gas station, parking lot... if you dig the attention, this IS the color to get! It screams LOOK AT ME! Though it can be a bit too much sometimes.

Cons: It's a lot harder to keep clean compared to my old TiSilver car, I could go on for 3 weeks without washing my old car with the Imola Red I can easily see dust less than a week after washing.


Jeff
Hey Jeff, beautiful car and a great set of pics you have there on your site a big
__________________
2012 135 Coupe Alpine/Black; M Sport, Premium 2, 7 sp/dual clutch, HK, Sirius, Apps, Nav, Heated Seats
  #7  
Old 03-01-2003, 02:21 PM
mwette's Avatar
mwette mwette is offline
-
Location: Los Angeles area
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 645
Mein Auto: 03 330Ci 5M SP
Re: BIG MISTAKE!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW
Cons: It's a lot harder to keep clean compared to my old TiSilver car, I could go on for 3 weeks without washing my old car with the Imola Red I can easily see dust less than a week after washing.
Jeff, Get a California Car Duster. Every day I take 1-2 minutes to go over the car and it looks super.

By the way, with black interior I think the Imola Red looks great.

Matt
__________________

03 330Ci 5M SP Topaz-Blue/Gray
  #8  
Old 03-01-2003, 09:00 PM
Artslinger's Avatar
Artslinger Artslinger is offline
BMW + twisty road = fun
Location: Evanston
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 5,892
Mein Auto: Car
Re: Changed my order to Imola Red

Quote:
Originally posted by mbr129
After discussing it with my fiancee, she agreed that maybe we should get it in Imola Red. I took her to see an Imola Red M3 at a dealership, and there was an electric red car close enough for her to recognize that it is a deeper red and it looked good with the black trim and other black features.

So I just emailed my salesman and asked him to make the change. Last night he told me to hurry because the car was at 111, and at 112 I wouldn't be able to change it anymore.

I hope I don't regret this.

EDIT: Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and advice.

  #9  
Old 03-02-2003, 09:55 AM
AF AF is offline
Here since day one
Location: Long Island, NY
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,073
Mein Auto: 535ix, GL450, 991S, NSX
I knew you would change it . . . comgrats, now you can rest assured your car is EXACTLY what you wanted . . .

Try not to let the wait get to you . . .
  #10  
Old 03-02-2003, 12:16 PM
Sean's Avatar
Sean Sean is offline
Registered User
Location: SC
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,257
Mein Auto: '88 M3, '01 Z3, '06 330i
I regret getting silver for the 3rd time. Arctic Silver 99 2.3 Z3, Ti. Silver 00 323Ci, and Ti. Silver 01 330Ci. My next car will be white or darker silver/gray and more than likely it will not be a new BMW.
  #11  
Old 03-02-2003, 01:06 PM
mbr129 mbr129 is offline
Why can't we get Diesels?
Location: In a suburb of beantown
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,280
Mein Auto: V70R, JGC, MCS
I am certain that I will be happy with the red. The one thing I don't like about red cars, is the amber on the tail lights, but that can be fixed. I can't wait now.
  #12  
Old 03-02-2003, 03:52 PM
JeffW JeffW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Fhloston Paradise
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 144
Send a message via ICQ to JeffW Send a message via AIM to JeffW Send a message via Yahoo to JeffW
Mein Auto: 2003 M3 Coupe
Did you say amber?

Check out Bimmian.com, I just got the Platinum Vision 2.0 bulbs and front body colored reflector they looked pretty good.


Rear tail light with new bulb, can't hardly tell it's there and it does glow orange when used.

Close up of front with new bulb and body color reflector

Another front pic

Now as far as the tail lights I'm not sure with this new LED thing, hopefully you can still retrofit with clears like what many of us did (I did it on my Y2k 328i).

Jeff

Quote:
Originally posted by mbr129
I am certain that I will be happy with the red. The one thing I don't like about red cars, is the amber on the tail lights, but that can be fixed. I can't wait now.
  #13  
Old 03-02-2003, 04:08 PM
mbr129 mbr129 is offline
Why can't we get Diesels?
Location: In a suburb of beantown
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,280
Mein Auto: V70R, JGC, MCS
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW
...Now as far as the tail lights I'm not sure with this new LED thing, hopefully you can still retrofit with clears like what many of us did (I did it on my Y2k 328i).

Jeff
Well, remember this is a sedan we are talking about. But, yeah, I know I can get clears all the way around.

Now, maybe I am being weird, but I actually think that pre-facelift sedan clear tail lights look better on a red car than post facelift ones.

See below:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	taillights.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	8187  
  #14  
Old 03-02-2003, 04:13 PM
JeffW JeffW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Fhloston Paradise
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 144
Send a message via ICQ to JeffW Send a message via AIM to JeffW Send a message via Yahoo to JeffW
Mein Auto: 2003 M3 Coupe
I know what you mean, I do like the old style lights (though I'm a bit biased though!)



Jeff


Quote:
Originally posted by mbr129
Well, remember this is a sedan we are talking about. But, yeah, I know I can get clears all the way around.

Now, maybe I am being weird, but I actually think that pre-facelift sedan clear tail lights look better on a red car than post facelift ones.

See below:
  #15  
Old 03-02-2003, 06:50 PM
jrubens jrubens is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Orleans, LA
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 556
Mein Auto: 04 330 cic ED
I may be mistaken, but I believe that I read somewhere at the fest that the Imola Red II available on the Performance Package is different than the Imola Red on the M3. I don't know if this will make a difference for your decision, though.
  #16  
Old 03-02-2003, 06:53 PM
JeffW JeffW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Fhloston Paradise
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 144
Send a message via ICQ to JeffW Send a message via AIM to JeffW Send a message via Yahoo to JeffW
Mein Auto: 2003 M3 Coupe
It can't be different if it's called Imola Red II, the tag on my car says Imola Rot II, unless the one for the PP is called something else they they are exactly the same.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally posted by jrubens
I may be mistaken, but I believe that I read somewhere at the fest that the Imola Red II available on the Performance Package is different than the Imola Red on the M3. I don't know if this will make a difference for your decision, though.
 

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms