Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Nates90

Send a message via Yahoo to Nathan - Canada
Mein Auto: 1990 e30 325i convertible
90 ic paint job advice

Hi all,

Portions of my car was recently painted, with some rear fender work done at a local paint shop for $2k.

After waxing the car this weekend, I noticed some over-spray in the back inside fenders and a slight ridge on the rear trunk lid where the new paint job meets the older paint on the trunk lid.

Should I go back to the painter and demand the work be done free of charge or should I leave it alone?

Your advice is appreciated.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1986 BMW 325 E
How recent is recent? Post pictures of the issues.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Account close at users request

Mein Auto: .
If this is the car you bought for $9000 or whatever, then I would take that sh!t back and demand a good wet sand and buff. If you paid 2k for it, then that is not cheap, even in CD.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1986 BMW 325 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Check View Post
If this is the car you bought for $9000 or whatever, then I would take that sh!t back and demand a good wet sand and buff. If you paid 2k for it, then that is not cheap, even in CD.
Oh yeah..I didn't know that...but I'm just wondering what he means by "overspray underneath (wheel wells???) and by a "ridge." I'd just like to see it...and you can bet the guy will want to know why it took you so long to notice. Not that it matters...but the vibe I'm getting is that the painter is nasty or something...I mean if I spend even 500.00 with my indie he welcomes me with a smile when I bring something back...which I never have to do BTW
Old 08-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Account close at users request

Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by omw41 View Post
Oh yeah..I didn't know that...but I'm just wondering what he means by "overspray underneath (wheel wells???) and by a "ridge." I'd just like to see it...and you can bet the guy will want to know why it took you so long to notice. Not that it matters...but the vibe I'm getting is that the painter is nasty or something...I mean if I spend even 500.00 with my indie he welcomes me with a smile when I bring something back...which I never have to do BTW
I loved my indie! He could do it all! He cut dealer prices by half most times.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Back in the action

Mein Auto: 88 325i conv.
+1 on the indi. It is best to be clear with the painter on how you want the end product to look...because there is a big difference between a simple respray and a paint job. I would still take it back....you have nothing to loose if he won't fix it for free.