Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:55 AM

Mein Auto: '88 325e/ 89 Camaro
would this fit my car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...QQcmdZViewItem

i relly wnat my car to have a body style similiar to that. I have an 87 325e. Will these parts fit my car? with the modification of the bunpers of course
Ads by Google
Old 08-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Back in the action

Mein Auto: 88 325i conv.
Read a little more carefully..... M3 EVO Style Body Kit For The E30 M3 Only!!!

You can still get something similar for your e
Old 08-29-2007, 11:35 AM

i did reads carefully, lo. I saw that it said m3 only, but sometimes they tend to make it seem like it is an only 1 kinda deal when it isnt. But after i posted this i realized that an m3 has fender flares that a normal e30 doesnt, so it wouldnt fit.

If anyobne has anny suggestion sot make my car look like that, i would love them.(the suggestions that is)
Old 08-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Back in the action

You can get an M3 body kit just like that for yours if the price is right...how long have you had the car. Just do some more searching on the net(e30 body kit) Most on ebay are fiberglass(like mine) and less expensive than abs plastic from Reiger and such... and don't forget you can search this forum too. good luck
Old 08-29-2007, 05:59 PM

Iv had my car for about 2 weeks. I baught it from some guy who didnt want it and needed money bad for only $200. It needs some work, but it runs good and has a really smooth clutch and transmision. im very excited about this car.

and especially since it was so cheap for a car that i could turn around and sell for $1000 easily now, im gonna trick it out.

and back to the body kit thing, i didnt know the reiger kits were abs. And how does the fiberglass hold up on your car?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaken View Post
Iv had my car for about 2 weeks. I baught it from some guy who didnt want it and needed money bad for only $200. It needs some work, but it runs good and has a really smooth clutch and transmision. im very excited about this car.

and especially since it was so cheap for a car that i could turn around and sell for $1000 easily now, im gonna trick it out.

and back to the body kit thing, i didnt know the reiger kits were abs. And how does the fiberglass hold up on your car?
Step back there buddy. 99% of body kits for the E30 are garbage, but that is beside the point.

I would bet there are things wrong with your 20 yo car that might be a little more important.

Read through the E30 forum and youll get what I am saying.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanc3r View Post
Step back there buddy. 99% of body kits for the E30 are garbage, but that is beside the point.

I would bet there are things wrong with your 20 yo car that might be a little more important.

Read through the E30 forum and youll get what I am saying.
um, i know how to work on cars, this is not my first car, nor is it my first OLD car. I also own an 89 camaro that constantly requires work, soi dont think you ned to point that out, and if you dont like body kits, and only like stock looking cars, i dont care, i just want to know what the best ones are(quality wise)
Old 08-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Back in the action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaken View Post

They hold up great!...except when ass wipes run into you. and yes Reiger Brand is in plastic, the knock-offs still say reiger but they are glass. I had mine pro-installed and they said it would have been a nightmare if I did it myself. But Lanc is right give her a thorough going over...throw some money at it once it is in best condition.(timing belt?) There is nothing worse than a tricked out ride that breaks down after you spend all that $
Old 08-30-2007, 02:25 PM

yeah, i plan on doing the timing belt soon, from what i hear they dont last too long. The water pump seems to be alright though. you can see the water churning in the reservour(sp?).
Old 08-31-2007, 07:05 AM
Back in the action

Do you know when the last time the pump was replaced?...cause if not I would get it replaced at the same time as a the timing belt. It will be cheaper than doing them separately.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1987 325is
replace everything. and then replace some more stuff. and after that, just maybe start modding. Everything pretty much gives out on these cars around their 20th b day. I racked up about 4k in parts in 6 months. But almost everything that goes bad can be upgraded.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1987 325is
but as far as body kits the mtech 2 would look good. The same company also sells them. But i think the best kit is the breyton kit.