Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 08-20-2007, 04:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to stonecutter908
Mein Auto: 2004 X3 3.0i 6 speed
SA-693 option on an 04?

I need some help please. I have been reading past threads on the same topic but can't fine a definitive answer.

I am trying to determine if my 04 has the sa-693 option. I am mostly likely going to order the sirius install kit from EAS but need to determine if the orginal owner had the satellite prep work done during build time.

I called BMW NA and asked them to run my VIN but they stated that they don't provide that service. I have a call out to my local dealer to assist but haven't heard back yet.

So, for now, I am trying to deduce this for myself. I have opened the driver side panel in the cargo area and found 2 sets of wires in a velcro covered wrap that are not hooked up. Neither appear to be an antenna lead IMO. Can someone take a look at my pic and let me know if this is the wiring that comes with the SA-693 option so I can push forward with ordering a Sirius install kit please?

Thanks.

Advertisement
Old 08-29-2007, 03:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to stonecutter908
Mein Auto: 2004 X3 3.0i 6 speed
Update: I received a confirmation from my local dealer ... SA-693 satellite prep is not installed. Off to order the non satellite prep install kit from EAS ...