Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 07-16-2010, 10:10 AM

Mein Auto: Fast sedans
October itinerary advice

First ED, first trip to Europe (wife and I) so I could use some help....

After countless hours searching the threads, here's what I've got thus far:

9/30-Arrive in MUC, pickup by Rolf, sightseeing in Munich, etc. Staying outside of Munich due to lack of availability b/c of Oktoberfest.
10/1-ED 335i xdrive sedan, m-sport, premium, nav, cold, lemans/oyster. Factory tour, visit museum, etc. Staying at same hotel.
10/2-Depart Munich to area outside of Venezia. Would appreciate hotel suggestions between Munich and Venezia via Salzburg and to drive Grossglockner.
10/3-Depart Grossglockner area hotel to Venezia area for 2-night stay.
10/5-Depart Venezia to Zurich area via Stelvo. Need hotel suggestions for 2-night stay in Zurich, things to do, etc.
10/7-Depart Zurich area to Fussen, staying at Hotel Muller 2-nights
10/9-Depart Fussen to BMW Harms for drop-off, Rolf pickup to airport hotel.
10/10-Depart MUC for USA

Does this seem like a good plan? Open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks!!
Ads by Google
Old 07-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328xiT & M roadster
Lots of options in and around Salzburg. Start by looking at the Wiki.

Zurich: Many hotels at all price points. The Baur au Lac is very nice and very expensive. A nice medium-high quality place is the Zürichberg Hotel. It is on a hilltop at the end of a tram line, so easy to get back to the city center. It has free covered parking. They charge for the Swisscom Wifi service in the rooms, but there is a well-stocked Nespresso machine in each room.
Recent ED: 25 June 10, 328xiT in Red. Then headed SW to Italy & France. Flew home via Rome. Hoegh Kobe departed 22 July; unloaded at PH 17 Aug. Redelivery 11 Sept. (Re-redelivery 14 Sept....read the details here.)
Previous ED: 7 June 08, X3 3.0si in rosso corsa (*), then off to Italy, Austria, Slovenia. (*Note: A61 Crimson Red north of the Alps.)
Back-up vehicle (while waiting for re-deliveries): 1999 M Roadster in Estoril Blue.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:44 PM

Mein Auto: Mecedes GL450
Venezia Parking and Hotel

We were there couple of weeks ago and parked at Garage San Marco. It's 8 story parking garage and they direct all the nice German cars to the 8th floor, which is the only guarded floor. I had to park in front of other cars and had to give the guard a key fob so they can move it around. - At the Welt delivery center, we were told that you must have both key fobs and the registration in your possesion to be covered by the insurance in case of stolen car or equivalant. But what can you do, my car is blocking another and I can't come back to move my car. So I left a key fob hoping my car will stay there safe. And it did.

From there, took water bus to my Hotel, NH Manin, which is right at the S. Angelo station. You can watch for the boat docking to the station from your room and still catch the water bus. NH Manin was at very nice location. You have water bus every 10 minutes to bothe directions. It was 230 Euro with breakfast, rather expensive, but we were happy with the hotel.

In venezia, don't miss the authentic ristorante, Trattoria Al Mascaron (Sestiere Castello, 5225, 30122 Venezia, Italia). It is one the best in Venezia recommended by many.

Wonpal

Last edited by wonpal; 07-19-2010 at 02:46 PM.