Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 08-26-2007, 10:36 PM

Mein Auto: '07 335i & '99 323is
Radiator manufacture date

I'm trying to figure out if I need to replace a radiator on a car I recently purchased.

I know there is a manufacture date encoded on most BMW parts, so I'm looking for help figuring out if I have an original or replacement radiator and the manufacture date, if it's a replacement. It does have a BMW logo on the label on the left side (facing the car) and says BEHR.

If someone who has an original or replacement could post a pic of their label that would help greatly.

Here's a pic of mine, if that helps.

Help much appreciated.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0569.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	119245  
Ads by Google
Old 08-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Go you Good Thing

Mein Auto: e36 316I M
UUMM...At the risk of being rude, you only have to replace a radiator if it stops working. I dont think there is a replace by date on them.

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Cone
XXX
The best predictor for future behaviour, is past behaviour. ALSO, IT SHOULD BE NOTED:......AMATURES BUILT THE ARK..AND PROFESSIONALS BUILT THE TITANIC..................QUOTE FOR THE DAY.. Good drivers know how to get out of trouble, and better drivers know how to avoid it.....The Cone 2006 & 2007
Old 08-27-2007, 06:06 AM

Mein Auto: '07 335i & '99 323is
Radiators actually are a fairly high failure item, as well as a water pump. Much safer to do a preemptive replacement of the cooling system than a head gasket.

Dave
Old 08-28-2007, 10:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 325i, 1996 328 vert
My radiator blew yesterday on my way to jury duty. I'm sure the courts have heard that excuse before . The neck that attaches to the hose broke completely off. I had it towed to my mechanic and he could tell it was the original radiator (car has 171,000 miles) because of the way it was installed. There was a clip on the top on the left (driver's) side that he had to snip off.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Still here

Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
Although i agree to some extent, when it comes to your radiator i would leave it until it breaks

Just my opinion

Edirty6 for life