Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 03-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Crotchety Old Fart

Mein Auto: 2009 328xiT, 2005 F650CS
Unhappy Ouch! Punctured my oil pan!

Driving to work in a snow storm this AM, approaching some toll booths (not more than 25mph or so), I run over what looks like a big clod of snow/slush, like the kind that accumulates behind the wheels while driving in snow.

Not snow, concrete. Or something. Something heavy and hard.

And too large for my ground clearance. The force of the object wedging itself beneath the car literally lifted the body up on the springs as I ground across it.

I listened carefully and didn't hear anything wrong, handling was fine, gauges were steady....no problem, right?

I leave work at 11:15pm tonight, go to my garage, last car in there, the attendant says "I have really bad news".

The car dumped every drop of oil. Ugh.

Roadside Assistance is coming to tow me in the AM. The attendant and I pushed the car up near the ramp, so the truck can get at it. Took a black car home.

How much is THIS going to cost me?

2009 328xiT, gray, chestnut brown leather, premium, cold weather, keyless, xenon, park assist.

2005 F650CS, custom Corbin saddle, Givi topcase, ABS, heated grips, helmet spider.

2004 R1150RT, custom Corbin saddle, BMW topcase

And now...2000 Z3 2.8. Green on saddle tan. 2-piece cross-spoke 17" wheels.
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2003, 11:00 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nick325xiT 5spd Send a message via AIM to Nick325xiT 5spd Send a message via Yahoo to Nick325xiT 5spd
Mein Auto: M3 & 323i/999 KP
Ugh. You have my sympathy.
1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
1989 325is S50B30US Alpinweiß/Black
1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black S50B32 (321hp, ITBs)

Old 03-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuselier
Driving to work in a snow storm this AM, approaching some toll booths (not more than 25mph or so), I run over what looks like a big clod of snow/slush, like the kind that accumulates behind the wheels while driving in snow.

Not snow, concrete. Or something. Something heavy and hard.

And too large for my ground clearance. The force of the object wedging itself beneath the car literally lifted the body up on the springs as I ground across it.

I listened carefully and didn't hear anything wrong, handling was fine, gauges were steady....no problem, right?

I leave work at 11:15pm tonight, go to my garage, last car in there, the attendant says "I have really bad news".

The car dumped every drop of oil. Ugh.

Roadside Assistance is coming to tow me in the AM. The attendant and I pushed the car up near the ramp, so the truck can get at it. Took a black car home.

How much is THIS going to cost me?
This was fuselier's last post at Bimmerfest.

Wonder what ever happened to him and the Bavarian Princess..

Old 03-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Achtun*, Spitfire!

Mein Auto: '93 E30 318is Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
This was fuselier's last post at Bimmerfest.

Wonder what ever happened to him and the Bavarian Princess..

It was renamed the Marie Celeste, and set adrift in the Gulf of Mexico one dark night (when the EPA wasn't looking). They say that when the moon is full over Houston and the traffic completely gridlocked, you can hear its dread howl.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by norihaga
It was renamed the Marie Celeste, and set adrift in the Gulf of Mexico one dark night (when the EPA wasn't looking). They say that when the moon is full over Houston and the traffic completely gridlocked, you can hear its dread howl.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Crotchety Old Fart

Mein Auto: 2009 328xiT, 2005 F650CS
Whoa!

Hey, someone emailed this thread to me...whoa!

Been around occasionally, lurking when I have a maintenance question to search or something. But not much.

The Bavarian Princess turns 5 on June 1st. A bit dented and scratched from 4 years of commuting into NYC, plus last winter I caught the front air dam on a snow-covered curb and ripped up the right corner. But it's just cosmetic (other than the lost foglight), so I haven't bothered to spring for the bodywork yet. I'll get around to it eventually.

Approaching 70k miles, and still running perfectly. Not a single mod on her - still bone-stock, manual seats, vinyl, no premium nothing, just a CD player, sunroof and automatic tranny.

Now she enjoys a short and low-speed commute just 20 minutes thru the suburbs - no more NYC. I figure I'm going to hang onto her for the duration. But my kids are now complaining about the back-seat legroom - my, how time flies!

2009 328xiT, gray, chestnut brown leather, premium, cold weather, keyless, xenon, park assist.

2005 F650CS, custom Corbin saddle, Givi topcase, ABS, heated grips, helmet spider.

2004 R1150RT, custom Corbin saddle, BMW topcase

And now...2000 Z3 2.8. Green on saddle tan. 2-piece cross-spoke 17" wheels.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:18 AM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Hey fus, great to hear from you (and the Bavarian Princess) again