Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 08-30-2007, 05:46 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 325td
Exclamation Jumping 325td

my BMW325td has started juddering when in traffic, at 1st i thought it was just me but it definately isnt. all it takes is 5minutes of traffic and when pulling forward in 1st it feels like the car is about 2 stall and it takes alot of revs to get going. the car is fine when on the motorway or free flowing traffic. can anyone help???
Ads by Google
Old 08-30-2007, 05:49 AM
Still here

Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
Welcome to the fest buddy

Few questions for you:

Is your clutch slipping at all?
Any overheating issues? Coolant loss?
Possible too that your ICV (Idle Control Value) needs a good clean. This is what regulates your idle to all intents and purposes
Any other performance issues?

Edirty6 for life
Old 08-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 325TD
How many rev's is it doing at idle? It should be about 800 any less and you will get juddering when stationery or pulling away.

If it judders only while in gear I would suspect you clutch is on the way out. I know that the clutch plates can warp slightly and already know another diesel owner who has had this.

As Pirate has stated cleaning the ICV is a good start (and cheap).

Also it is possible that you might have a dodgy O2 sensor. Have you tried pulling the error codes?