Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 08-31-2007, 06:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1996 bmw 328is
its a timed event where you drive really quickly through a bunch of cones. Involves really quick cornering, and hard short accelerations. Normally one run doesnt last longer than a minute or two, but if you go to a race you pay for about 4-5 runs per event.

Basically its a quick edge of the seat race. I really enjoy it

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Clarion Head Unit : Sirius Satelite Radio : K&N Cold Air Intake : Carr Industries Short Shifter
Dinan Stage II Software : 10w 30 Royal Purple : Zimmerman Rotors : Hawk Performance Pads : Staggard M3 Wheels
Old 08-31-2007, 06:58 AM

and actually i got impatient and I am getting the remaping done today. I called and said i have an emergency event that i have to go to on saturday and i need to go today. They bought it... haha :-P

Clarion Head Unit : Sirius Satelite Radio : K&N Cold Air Intake : Carr Industries Short Shifter
Dinan Stage II Software : 10w 30 Royal Purple : Zimmerman Rotors : Hawk Performance Pads : Staggard M3 Wheels
Old 08-31-2007, 06:58 AM
Still here

Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
Cool cool

Edirty6 for life
Old 08-31-2007, 08:25 AM
Dale Crane is the MAN!

Send a message via AIM to VTi
Mein Auto: 95 320i / 00 520i
Heh, autocross is so much fun!

a bunch of friends and i used to do it in upstate ny all the time
Old 08-31-2007, 01:06 PM

ok... so here is the story. I just got back from the dealer.

Long story short it cost me an arm and a leg but now i have the stage 2 software system.

Since I have a CAI they told me if they installed the Stage 1 software my car would run rich because it was configured for the stock airbox. So ok... $100 more. Total price is now $489 with their $90 labor charge. Ok so now when they are trying to do the instal they tell me that my software thats on the car has never been updated, its the original software from 1996, and they cant do any software updates without having the latest BMW software. So first off they want to upgrade that to a software patch from 2000, then they want to instal Dinan stage I software then upgrade to Stage II. They said it would be another $90. But I give them the sad puppy face and acted like im a poor college kid and they take $50 off of it because they had run into so many problems and I had been there for like 5 hours.

So long story short... I had a total of 3 upgrades.

1st- upgrade to the 2000 patch of BMW software- Free but with $90 of labor
2nd- upgrade to stage 1 dinan software $299+ $90
3rd- upgrade to stage 2 dinan software $99

Subtotal total $578
Poor College kid discount: -$50

Total: $528

However I think if you have the money its well worth it. I actually got in a little getup-n-go mess around with a BMW e46 323i sedan. My car felt great. It was no contest. This is not about street racing and kills... but the car does feel better. So far is it worth the money? Initial thinking: yes. However only after Saturday will we know for sure

Thanks guys!

Old 08-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Still here

You were shafted buddy!!!

BUT, at least you now have the software.....

Edirty6 for life
Old 08-31-2007, 11:29 PM

I dont know... it kinda makes sense. I think it would have been just fine with the stage one software... but they wouldnt do it. I told them that I only wanted stage one, and i thought it would be ok, but they wouldnt do the work without the 2000 software upgrade and the stage 2

Old 09-01-2007, 03:47 AM
Still here

So long as you are happy...all is well

Edirty6 for life