Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 09-01-2007, 08:34 AM

Mein Auto: E36 323 Coupe
Red face e30 meets feista

heres what happens when you hit a feista at 60 mph head on.ps did not have time to brake.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img005.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	119740  
Ads by Google
Old 09-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Turn Burglar

Mein Auto: Red Assless Chaps
WOW! A fcuking FIESTA did that? I can't imagine what kind of shape it must be in.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Still here

Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
HOLY SH1T....are you ok??

What happened?

Edirty6 for life
Old 09-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 325TD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipWOT View Post
WOW! A fcuking FIESTA did that? I can't imagine what kind of shape it must be in.
I would completely believe it. For their price I believe the Fiesta is the best built, most reliable, easiest to work on car that can be found.

Have bought two and never had a problem with either. Had to replace the first only because the girlfriend at the time managed to hit a steel lamp post at about 50 mph. Thankfully she was fine, not a scratch. The lampost was totalled and all that was required for the Fiesta was new front end and rad. It was cheaper to replace the car than repair.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate_copy View Post
HOLY SH1T....are you ok??

What happened?
happened in 2000,just broke my foot trying to get out.3 assholes in Feista lost it on bend.:
Old 09-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Turn Burglar

Mein Auto: Red Assless Chaps
I hope that piece of sh1t ford turd-wagon got totalled.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Rip.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Back in the action

Mein Auto: 88 325i conv.
Damn...that looks like it hurt. Insurance??
Old 09-01-2007, 10:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 E90 325i
that is just wrong ... hate this ****ers who drive like maniacs.

Just last evening, going to an intersection, its raining... I hear the roar of a straight six (under load) and see an old E34 with 4 guys wearing baseball hats, grinning like morons and and nailing the maroon 5 on black borbets with red lips almost sideways through a yellow light intersection.. amost losing, and keep going, probably giggling like total morons...

Always makes me wonder how hard parents dropped these humans on their heads when they were small.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:59 AM
I'm here all week

Mein Auto: 1997 318i
Unfortunately they need to have been dropped on their arses by their parents until they learn...
Old 09-01-2007, 11:07 AM

nah, i think their parents aren't much smarter either. and seeing this when we have every day an accident that kills someone.

just last week some idiot, drunk, same car, marron e34, rocketed through intersection at 5am and caught a small bus. girl died, while the driver is totally ok. just had to be sobered up. he is 24, she was 23. Explain me how this is possible!
Old 09-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Spitfire

Mein Auto: 94' 318iS
Fcuking idiots man !!! Wreckless driving and drunk drivers are worse than war !!!

You don't even know how and why ?!

An old friend of mine died on her 18th birthday. Her, front passenger and b/f driving, bestfriend in the back seat sitting exactly in the middle.

They were doing around 160km/h on a 3 lane road. Wayyy too fast for a light Peugot 307 4-dr.
Theres two levels of pavement, new and old. As they came off the new one and onto the old one wich is lower (about 1inch). Car lost control, sideways and rammed a big light pole head on! The car literally curved round the middle.
Get this, exhaust pipe went into the girl in the back !!! The guy fell out of the car and died a couple of minutes later after the car caught fire and she was burned alive !

This is why I don't street race or drive under alcohol anymore.

Current:
1994 318iS

Sold:
1993 E36 325i
1999 318i E46
Old 09-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Dale Crane is the MAN!

Send a message via AIM to VTi
Mein Auto: 95 320i / 00 520i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerSideUp View Post
Fcuking idiots man !!! Wreckless driving and drunk drivers are worse than war !!!

An old friend of mine died on her 18th birthday. Her, front passenger and b/f driving, bestfriend in the back seat sitting exactly in the middle.

They were doing around 160km/h on a 3 lane road. Wayyy too fast for a light Peugot 307 4-dr.
Theres two levels of pavement, new and old. As they came off the new one and onto the old one wich is lower (about 1inch). Car lost control, sideways and rammed a big light pole head on! The car literally curved round the middle.
Get this, exhaust pipe went into the girl in the back !!! The guy fell out of the car and died a couple of minutes later after the car caught fire and she was burned alive !

jesus ****ing christ.....
Old 09-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Spitfire

R.I.P.
Zeina Adwan

Current:
1994 318iS

Sold:
1993 E36 325i
1999 318i E46
Old 09-01-2007, 01:32 PM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
320 & SSU,
Whoa. Sorry to hear.

The thing that usually gets me is this: how often does the drunk/high/stupid driver die? Hardly ever. They almost always end up getting out of it alive. Yet they end up taking other people's lives with their stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 09-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Spitfire

I don't think we'll ever get it Phantom. But, on our side, do what we can about it. Try to stop it as much as you can.
But I'm sure there lives will be changed forever !!!

Theres a group in Lebanon called "Yaza". It was formed by former street racers and car junkies. All of wich were involved in wreckless driving accidents. They realized what there mistake was and are doing everything they can to stop wreckless drivers.

Last year, you could get a driver's liscence delivered to youre house without even getting in a car or holding a pen !!! (Bribery bribery !!!)

Thanks heavens !!! Yaza has been in charge of Liscencing issues since then and has been conducting international tests to newbies and pulling liscences away from wreckless a$$holes !!!

Current:
1994 318iS

Sold:
1993 E36 325i
1999 318i E46
Old 09-01-2007, 02:07 PM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
Sounds great!

We have little groups and stuff here, probably the most well known is "MADD" - Mothers Against Drunk Driving.
While I admire MADD's purpose and intent, they are utterly useless and have no ability to fix anything. The absolute most they can do is lobby for more drunk driving laws. While the stiffer DUI punishments are HUGE plusses, it still happens routinely, and people still only get like a week of jail time a 2 year license suspension for 2nd offense DUI. So many people just drive without their licenses then. It really should be something like 3 years jail time and PERMANENT revocation of license for drunk driving, and then HUGE minimum penalties for driving w/o a license.

But, even that's not enough. We don't really have any good proactive programs here. Sounds like Yaza is a great group, we could use them over here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 09-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Spitfire

A couple of years ago, I was against them. Till my friends accident happend.

Not just that really. What really makes me $hit my pants is, My sister's getting her liscence soon. And she's going to hit the open roads of U.A.E. . Doesn't comfort me at all!!!! If you research it, theres a main highway in Dubai called Sheikh Zated Road. If you see the accidents , you wont drive again !!!

Anyways, I'm off. Big day tomorrow with the one and only HP !!! Goodnight guys !!! (It's 1:20am over here !!)

Current:
1994 318iS

Sold:
1993 E36 325i
1999 318i E46
Old 09-01-2007, 06:36 PM
1-5-3-6-2-4 sweet 325i

Mein Auto: '93 325i
that poor E30

-=E-Dirty6=--=Click my Siggy=- Signature created by Eclipse
Old 09-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Go you Good Thing

Mein Auto: e36 316I M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what? View Post
that is just wrong ... hate this ****ers who drive like maniacs.

Just last evening, going to an intersection, its raining... I hear the roar of a straight six (under load) and see an old E34 with 4 guys wearing baseball hats, grinning like morons and and nailing the maroon 5 on black borbets with red lips almost sideways through a yellow light intersection.. amost losing, and keep going, probably giggling like total morons...

Always makes me wonder how hard parents dropped these humans on their heads when they were small.

Welcome to my world.....and you would be surprised how many idiot drivers do crap like this in front of a fully marked police car.....

Cone
XXX
The best predictor for future behaviour, is past behaviour. ALSO, IT SHOULD BE NOTED:......AMATURES BUILT THE ARK..AND PROFESSIONALS BUILT THE TITANIC..................QUOTE FOR THE DAY.. Good drivers know how to get out of trouble, and better drivers know how to avoid it.....The Cone 2006 & 2007
Old 09-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Go you Good Thing

Mein Auto: e36 316I M
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerSideUp View Post

A close mate of mine, in Highway Patrol in another town went (just last year) to a prang like this. A drunk driver clipped a small car, and the small car speared into trees. My mate saw the incident, took details of the offending car (as it just drove off) and went to assist the people (to middle aged wives with children that the officer was close friends of) trapped in the small car. The 2 occupants were both trapped by the legs, and needed to be cut out. He called rescue and other services.

After about 3 minutes, the car started to burn, so my mate used the fire extinguisher from the police car....didnt work(to small to put the fire out)...a motorist stopped, had another extinguisher...didnt work...a truck driver stopped, and he dumped his fire extinguisher on the fire....didnt work. While this was happening, my mate was talking and trying to extricate the people from the car. When I say didnt work, the extinguisher was to small for the fire.

About 2 minutes after the fire started, everybody have to retreat as the fire engulfed the entire car, and my mate had to watch while these 2 ladies (family friends) burn to death in the car. It was like 6 hours before the bodies could be removed from the car.

To top it off, he then had to go and deliver the death message to the respective families.

The driver was caught and jailed.

I guess this is why people hate drunk drivers. I know I do, and I cant 'cut them some slack'.

Cone
XXX
The best predictor for future behaviour, is past behaviour. ALSO, IT SHOULD BE NOTED:......AMATURES BUILT THE ARK..AND PROFESSIONALS BUILT THE TITANIC..................QUOTE FOR THE DAY.. Good drivers know how to get out of trouble, and better drivers know how to avoid it.....The Cone 2006 & 2007

Last edited by Conehead; 09-02-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:34 AM

omg Cone.

We have some really bad situation on our roads actually. These are the common types we read about every day (and our country is 1.3m in population, so every day is a lot!)

Drunk 15 year olds without licecense, driving their 14 year old girlfriends in their mummies or daddies cars, or in some junk. Almost always crash, but I think not lethally.

Drunk grown up men who drive drunk with friends and teenage girls (reports read "a guy born in 1972 and 1974 and their two passengers, born in 1988, and 1987") and put the car on the roof in some field because the "speed of travel was not appropriate" (i.e. 180kmh+ )

Old/drunk truck drivers making left turn or coming out to busy highway without looking and destroying whatever came their way, people inside included.

And then we had this other guy. Twice arrested for driving drunk.

he was blind.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:15 AM
Still here

Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
When i was in school, a mate of mine was killed by a drunk driver

Is the kinda thing that stays with your forever....

Edirty6 for life
Old 09-02-2007, 03:56 AM
BMW FETISH!!!

Send a message via MSN to DominguesE30
Mein Auto: `97 BMW 318is
ouch. Alot of horror stories here. Im going to add one myself.

My cousin used to own a white Nissan 180sx (240sx for you american boys). It was modded but not to the extream. Anyways the time came to sell it, so he sold it to his mate from school. Anyways a few months later his mate was doing exessive speeds on a dark road with gravel on the side. Tried to overtake but there was a oncomming vechile so he swerved into his lane, hit the gravel lost control, drove into a huge rock/boulder that was on the side of the road. The car flipped several times from what ive been told. The fire brigade had to cut open the car (jaws of life)
His gf died, he was in a coma for a while but he survived. From my knowledge he got charged with manslaughter. My cousin blasted him!

Beeeeeeeee Eeeeem Double-YOU!!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 05:01 AM

sorry guys,you got the wrong end of the stick. The prat in the Fiesta was not even drunk.the good news ,the guy in the back seat flew further then i could throw a spear.