Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 03-13-2003, 09:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 530i sport
Changing the ED date

Hi all,

I'm leaving for Munich on the 17th and I initialy was scheduled to p/u the car on the 19th . Is it possible to change the delivery date to the 18th? I will also contact my dealer (Adrian, Chris BMW is the MAN!) also to see what he says.

Thanks,
Jim
Ads by Google
Old 03-13-2003, 10:19 PM
:-)

Mein Auto: E46 M3
i don't know if they can change it this late.

i moved my date up by 1 day as well, but i requested the change like a month ahead.. and got it.

02 M3 6MT - a bunch of mods | No V-CSL | No carbon fiber anywhere
Sold: 03 330Ci - No Leather | No Moonroof | No Step | European delivered
Old 03-13-2003, 11:02 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
In a word "NO!!"

Jim, its too late trying to arrange pick-up a day early at this point. There are several factors:
1) Keep in mind that the ED office has a full schedule EVERYDAY and they cannot accomadate "one more person"

2) The cars are brought out the night before to a staging area for next days scheduled delivery. Frankly, it takes them ALOT more time and effort trying to find your car in the seas of BMWs in the storage lot. It cannot be done by you showing up a day earlier.

3) Paperwork, are set up in the delivery date order. Furthermore they will not release a car before its registration and insurance date. (You will noticed that your paperwork will have a insurance and registration commencemet date of YOUR pick up date.

The BMW ED center staff are GREAT and accomadating, but... what you are asking is beyond their control, ask me how I know.

beewang
Old 03-14-2003, 07:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 530i sport
I was afraid of that...oh well, thanks for the input folks.

Jim
Old 03-14-2003, 09:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 OB 330i
Re: In a word "NO!!"

Quote:
Originally posted by beewang
Jim, its too late trying to arrange pick-up a day early at this point. There are several factors:
1) Keep in mind that the ED office has a full schedule EVERYDAY and they cannot accomadate "one more person"

2) The cars are brought out the night before to a staging area for next days scheduled delivery. Frankly, it takes them ALOT more time and effort trying to find your car in the seas of BMWs in the storage lot. It cannot be done by you showing up a day earlier.

3) Paperwork, are set up in the delivery date order. Furthermore they will not release a car before its registration and insurance date. (You will noticed that your paperwork will have a insurance and registration commencemet date of YOUR pick up date.

The BMW ED center staff are GREAT and accomadating, but... what you are asking is beyond their control, ask me how I know.

beewang
The mod has spoken. All hail, beewang.

Good post, man, and good info you have!
Old 03-15-2003, 08:20 AM
ban unmarked cop cars

Mein Auto: '04 SL 500
Re: In a word "NO!!"

Quote:
Originally posted by beewang
snip
what you are asking is beyond their control, ask me how I know.

beewang
and how do you know? :P
"The aim of our studies should be to direct the mind with a view to forming true and sound judgements about whatever comes before it." (Rule #1, Descartes' Rules for the Direction of our Native Intelligence).

Old 03-17-2003, 08:03 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Re: Re: In a word "NO!!"

Quote:
Originally posted by MD2b
and how do you know? :P
Heheh.. 'cause this dumba$$ showed up at ED office last November a day early, hoping that they maybe running ahead of schedule and can "hook me up" w/ the new car a day early.

Of course, they laughed their a$$es off (well... a slight exageration, as we all know that the Germans don't laugh or smile ) and told me to take a hike and come back on my scheduled day, and I did!!

beewang