Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions

Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions
Please post your comments, ideas, or suggestions here.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 5/01 production 330Cic
For the record...

Meant to post this in polysci...

Last edited by RKT BMR; 09-26-2007 at 12:24 PM.
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
I hope Torch appreciates your protection.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanc3r View Post
I hope Torch appreciates your protection.
It wasn't about Torch.

If I see someone do the same thing to TD, I'll report it too. I'm sick of this idiocy.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Smart Passion, F-250 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKT BMR View Post
This next post, OTOH, is nothing more than an unprovoked personal attack on Torch. It is completely devoid of any topical discussion, argument, or opinion. The sole purpose of the post seems to be to take a dig at Torch.

This is the one of the two posts I reported.
Well, I'm gonna get a warning, or banned for this comment, but what the hell.... I dun care no more.

Torch has gone on the wholesale attack on people, countless times, so I find it ironic that a Report is done on his behalf.

I cannot count the number of times - and its not because I lack the ability to count to high numbers.

+_+_+_+_+_+

And while the topic has been brought up - I understand an interest in not escalating things, but also recognize we're all adults, and will, at some point, require the ability to air things - if this isn't ever allowed, then we've all lost - and ultimately the 'fest will lose.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E92 335i Coupe
Airing things in a reasonable manner is fine. Name calling, for example, is not reasonable. I would expect any adult on the site to be able to know what is reasonable to say to someone.

If someone is attacking people, you NEED to report them for something to happen. Attacking them back is NOT a reasonable response.

Please review the guidelines for the site located here to see what you can and cannot do:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/index.php?page=guidelines
Old 09-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKT BMR View Post
It wasn't about Torch.

If I see someone do the same thing to TD, I'll report it too. I'm sick of this idiocy.
Just seems odd since you havent been around at all and the first thing you do upon coming back is take on a crusade against personal attacks by TD. I hope you really are just here to make communication more peacefull, but call me pessimistic.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:52 PM
\m/ (>.<) \m/

Mein Auto: Duh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pix335i View Post
Airing things in a reasonable manner is fine. Name calling, for example, is not reasonable. I would expect any adult on the site to be able to know what is reasonable to say to someone.

If someone is attacking people, you NEED to report them for something to happen. Attacking them back is NOT a reasonable response.

Please review the guidelines for the site located here to see what you can and cannot do:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/index.php?page=guidelines
Mark, are those forum guidelines new? If they are new, aside from your post in this thread, are you some how going to communicate these changes to the existing user community?

I saw them posted a few weeks back, for a couple of hours, on the bottom of every thread in OT, however they vanished after that and I didn't know where they went until I saw your link above.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3lissa View Post
Mark, are those forum guidelines new? If they are new, aside from your post in this thread, are you some how going to communicate these changes to the existing user community?

I saw them posted a few weeks back, for a couple of hours, on the bottom of every thread in OT, however they vanished after that and I didn't know where they went until I saw your link above.
That's very interesting; the terms posted above via link are not the same terms that I get via the following link, which as I type is at the bottom of this page:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/index.php?page=tou

Did the tou change without any fanfare? I admit I have NEVER seen the information MArk posted, ever?

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspan View Post
That's very interesting; the terms posted above via link are not the same terms that I get via the following link, which as I type is at the bottom of this page:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/index.php?page=tou

Did the tou change without any fanfare? I admit I have NEVER seen the information MArk posted, ever?
Never mind, I found the "guidelines" but I swear that kind of stuff looks heavily edited from what I've seen before, and also it used to (I am almost certain) be reached via the "terms" link, as I said.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:28 AM
Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E92 335i Coupe
The forum guidelines have been split out from the Terms of Use as they are two very different things but were initially lumped together. It was a long time coming to update all that information and bring it into the latest design so we also took that opportunity to further clarify the rules as well as spell out how moderation happens. The links are always at the bottom of the page and are updated on occasion when the need presents itself.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Banned

Items 1,2,3,4, and 5 of the TOU Tim linked are routinely violated in polysci, often egregiously. A different articulation of these same basic guidelines is posted in a sticky at the top of the forum.

I'm looking for a community of people that believe in and respect the basic social operating rules embodied in 1-5. Bimmerfest polysci used to, for the most part, be that way. It no longer is. Indeed, it has gradually degenerated into just another internet political insult locale, something you can't surf the internet without stumbling over ever 3 milliseconds.

To be clear, however, this is our community, not my community. I have no right to force my preferences on anyone else. So, if others here are looking for an environment to discuss and debate where, basically, the opposite of guidelines 1,2,3,4, and 5 are the context of discussion, then lets change the rules and be up-front about it, so people like me can move on and not be duped by phony rules. Under such circumstances, I wish everyone well, sincerely, but I'd move on as it isn't my kind of community.

On the other hand, I have expectations for the same sort of reasonable behavior by others if 1,2,3,4, and 5 do indeed describe the sort of on-line community that bimmerfest is. If so, I'd expect those that prefer to engage in insults, personal attacks, etc. when debating things to move along and find a place where this is part of the fabric of the board.