10-04-2007, 02:59 PM
an audience of One
Location: John 3:17
Join Date: Apr 2004
Mein Auto: BMW M Power
Rules & Protocol
We have compiled a list of rules and suggestions that, if followed, will create a more efficient, effective and safe marketplace, ultimately delivering an improved user experience:
- When creating a new thread, the thread title should begin with one the following abbreviations: FS, FT, FS/FT or WTB
FS = 'For Sale' threads
FT = 'For Trade' threads
FS/FT = 'For Sale' or 'For Trade' threads
WTB = 'Want to Buy' threads
- You must list a price.
- You must list your geographic location if it is not in your User Profile.
- When selling a complete car, post the year, model and price in the title.
Example - FS: '03 530i - $15K OBO
- Provide as much information as possible. Prospective buyers may want to know:
- How many miles has the car been driven?
- Is the car covered under an original factory warranty, a Certified Pre-Owned warranty, or is it covered under a third-party extended service contract?
- Has the car been serviced regularly? Was service and maintenance performed by the dealer? Do you have service, maintenance or repair records?
- Does it have a manual, automatic, Steptronic or SMG transmission?
- Does the car have Sport, Premium, Cold Weather or other packages?
- Does the car have navigation or iDrive?
- Is the car equipped with any other options?
- Have any after-market modifications been made to the car?
- When selling or looking for parts, be as descriptive as possible in the title.
Example of a descriptive title - FS: 6 disc CD changer for an E46 325i
Example of a vague title - WTB: CD changer
- If possible, list the part number. Real OEM is an excellent web site for sourcing BMW part numbers: http://www.realoem.com
- Also, list everything that is included with the sale, condition the item(s) is in, and if you will ship the item. If the item is damaged or broken, please reveal this information. Again, be as descriptive as possible.
- We strongly encourage you to post pictures of the item you are selling; visuals attract more interest. Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Update your thread once the item is sold or when you have found the item you were looking for. "Sold" or "Found the Item" will suffice.
- Bimmerfest.com prohibits the sale of copied, cracked, or pirated software. Selling illegal software will result in infractions or an outright ban.
- Multiple listings for the same item across different Classified Forums is not allowed. Do not post your item more than once.
- Do not 'hijack' a thread or reply to a thread with an item that you have for sale.
- Send a Private Message if you would like to negotiate a price or make an offer. The Classifieds are not a forum to express your opinions on a product or item, or post disparaging comments about the seller. Replies that negatively influence the sale of an item will be deleted and the offending member will receive infractions or an outright ban.
- The Classified Forums are reserved for private party sales. Commercial advertisements from non-sponsors are prohibited. However, site sponsors are welcome to post advertisements in the Classified Forums.
The Internet Crime Complaint Center - a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center have provided ten tips on how to avoid Internet frauds:
We appreciate your cooperation!
- Be cautious if dealing with individuals outside of your own country
- Be wary if the seller only accepts wire transfers or cash
- Contact the financial institution on which a cashier's check was drawn to ensure legitimacy.
- Beware when money is required up front for instructions or products.
- Be watchful of spelling errors, grammar problems, or inconsistent information.
- Be cautious of emails requiring you to provide your personal and/or banking information.
- Be suspicious of any unsolicited email requesting personal information.
- Be cautious if you are asked to ship packages to an "overseas home office."
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Please use discretion and common sense when conducting business on the Internet. Please click the following link for more information on how to protect yourself when buying or selling on the web: http://www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/internetschemes.htm
- the bimmerfest.com team