Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 10-05-2007, 12:31 PM

Mein Auto: E36 M3 Cabrio
Oil pressure query

Hi there. I love this forum already after the welcome I got in another thread! I just bought an M3 with a few 'issues' 1997 82k on the clock (that's miles to euro pals). This is a question I was advised to post here:

My M3 has a low oil pressure warning light that lights as expected when the ignition is first switched on. BUT it flashes for between 2-4 seconds after the engine starts. It has never come on when driving, but I have only had the car a couple of days. It's about to get looked over and serviced next week, and I wondered if there was any input out there on this issue?

Many thanks to the forum, I look forward to contributing in the future.. this one's a project!
Ads by Google
Old 10-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Still here

Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
Hey buddy. See you are from Exeter, i work in Exeter!!!!

If your oil level is ok, it is possible that the oil is the wrong viscosity. I would do an oil change before worrying about things like oil pumps and suchlike

If it comes on when driving...then worry

ps, if you need a good BMW garage in Exeter, i know one (if you dont already use it of course )

Edirty6 for life
Old 10-05-2007, 02:29 PM

Mein Auto: E36 M3 Cabrio
Exeter!!!!

Hey dude! The man I have got to look at the car is in Torquay. He's going to give it a good service on Tuesday. Really appreciate the input. I had hoped as much, but was worried aout worse! It's a disconcerting warning, but not one that bothers you for more than a couple of seconds, then never re-appears. I was starting to worry as the car is riddled with faults that I am now committed to fix, but I love it! I'd love an Exeter garage contact for future though.. That would help me no end. yeah, let me know who you know, that would be excellent! man this is exciting!

First thing I did with the car is take it up Haldon hill from Starcross.. I'm still smiling! I found the limited slip diff most helpful! ahem!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Still here

Mein Auto: M3
I live in Torquay!!!

I cant believe you use Haldon Hill as a gauge...I DO TOO!!

I drive it everyday and no matter how bad a day i have had, blasting up that makes everything good

The garage is called Paddock and is in Wimple

If you need any help, drop me a PM

Edirty6 for life
Old 10-06-2007, 05:41 AM
BMW FETISH!!!

Send a message via MSN to DominguesE30
Mein Auto: `97 BMW 318is
small world huh pete?

Beeeeeeeee Eeeeem Double-YOU!!!!
Old 10-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Still here