Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 328XI
Oil Changes

Just like to say Hi to the group as I just joined today. I purchased my first BMW in April of this year. It is a 2007 328xi. I just love the car. It does everything it claims to do. I do drive it a lot. In six months I have 11000 miles on it. As a former mechanic (25 years ago) I do still do most of my own maintenance but didn't plan on it on this car. Because I do all interstate driving my oil change due now is an addtional 11K miles. Dealer say no problem with this and if I elect to do it now BMW will not cover the cost. Well changing the oil and filter is a no brainer. Any thoughts on this? I have a Corvette Z06 with synthetic oil and I change that and the filter once a year or every 3K as i don't drive that much. Also what filter do you recommend? Thanks for any help.
Ads by Google
Old 10-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Casey!

Mein Auto: '04 330cic
I am doing every 7500 miles...BMWs thrive when well maintained, and this "free maintenance" nonsense means that most folks aren't really taking good care of their cars.

"Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em...That I've got no cerebellum" - The Ramones, "Teenage Lobotomy"
Old 10-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Overly Intellectual

Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
Welcome to the 'fest!

I change oil more frequently, even though I use synthetic. With the high red line, I don't want to risk it. Also, I'm in it for the long haul. I want this car to last 10 years.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Retired Official Welcomer

Mein Auto: 2007 550i, 2002 M5
Welcome aboard. You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest.
2002 M5 Bluewater Metallic~Black & Silverstone leather~All options~MKIV NAV~VMR VB3 Square set-up~3M tint~BT~Intravee II~Ice V5 AE~DINAN Front/Rear Strut Braces~PowerChip Alpha-N tune~Smoked taillights~Ultimate pedals~BSW Stage 1 Upgrade w/Subwoofer~e60 SSK~ZHP Shift Knob~CF Kidneys~CNS Racing exhaust~LED lighting~Hella Euroclear Headlights~Angeleye DRL's~HID Foglights~Dinan Stage 2 Suspension~CNS Racing Clutch~Sink drains~ExoticsTuning CF diffuser/fog light covers~SuperSprint Headers
Old 10-15-2007, 07:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 328XI
Well thanks all, I do agree, Im in it for the long haul too. So I'll do an oil change and filter myself. Firehire thanks for the welcome and nice other ride just hope I never see it at my house!!!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 07:59 PM
*Da Butter Pecan Papi*

Mein Auto: e92 335i
Check out this thread...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=237051

*Butter Pecan Papi*
e92 335i
e90 330i (Sold)
e46 323i
e34 530i (Sold)

BMW Car Club of America - National Capital Chapter
Old 10-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Overly Intellectual

Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
Hey B-Pecan. You should get that oil changed. That's my $.02.