Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 04-12-2015, 05:57 PM

Mein Auto: E46
[woobiee] Hi ED section!

Hey all,

I wanted to introduce myself in the ED section. I'm Andy [woobiee] from Maryland -- some may have heard of me back in the E46Fanatics days.

Anyway, with the wealth of ED information, I have been lurking around for some time now reading and rereading all the ED content here in preparation for my September ED. I've decided last November that I wanted to do the ED experience but my girlfriend asked to do it in September for Oktoberfest. I agreed and I must say the wait is quite agonizing -- 5 more short months left.

Seeing everybody's ED journals posted here doesn't help ease the agonizing wait but it will make my experience that much sweeter, I hope.

Probably like many, I am on a holding pattern and waiting for MY2016 information to be released for me to pounce. I have already started a dialogue to a few dealerships in the area of my intentions.

Even going over all the information here, chances are I will have more questions to ask in the near future.

Cheers,
Andy

_a2_
Old 04-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: m235i soon
Welcome!

I hear ya about the wait. I started the process in January for June ED, so I know what it's like to be looking 5 months out. As the saying goes, though, time flies. I'm already more than half way there.

With you planning on doing Oktoberfest, you're smart to be getting an early jump. That's definitely the peak season for hotels and flights, so it's generally true that the earlier you can make arrangements the better.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Welcome!

Yes the wait can be frustrating. I started my ED process last December for my May 4 ED. I'm now down to 3 weeks. Then, 2 weeks after my ED, back to another waiting process. It should all be good in the end.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 435i Coupe
Welcome to the Fest!

I see you are picking up an M4 -- Sweet

Take a look at doing PCD. Another unforgettable event.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:06 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Indeed, planning for a 2016 YMB M4....unless more interesting colors pop up for MY2016. I've had my E46 for about 15 years now and though everything is in perfect shape with 170,000 miles, I really am itching for something a little faster -- little I mean a lot. I mean, even the little things like bluetooth found on many normal cars nowadays, I do not have currently.

I really want to do PCD; I've made the pilgrimage down to the factory/museum years back, but I do not think I have the time or funds to do another 'trip' immediately after the big Europe trip.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:53 AM
Driving 'en Plein Air'

Mein Auto: 435i vert ED July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by woobiee View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Indeed, planning for a 2016 YMB M4....unless more interesting colors pop up for MY2016. I've had my E46 for about 15 years now and though everything is in perfect shape with 170,000 miles, I really am itching for something a little faster -- little I mean a lot. I mean, even the little things like bluetooth found on many normal cars nowadays, I do not have currently.

I really want to do PCD; I've made the pilgrimage down to the factory/museum years back, but I do not think I have the time or funds to do another 'trip' immediately after the big Europe trip.
Congratulations on your choice! And for your ED plans PCD is a great experience that allows you to negotiate with any of the Board Sponsors for the purchase of your new Baby. The savings may pay for your trip Make sure to contact John Weltzien at Braman BMW in Palm Beach and allow him the opportunity to earn your business.

As far as the expense of another trip: Your only expense would be the one way plane ticket from home to Greenville airport. BMW takes care of hotel, dinner and transit from the Airport. Not only will you be impressed by the PCD experince, but then you get to enjoy driving your new BMW home

F33 435i M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Oyster/Black/Estoril | 441M 18" Wheels | Driver's Assistance | Premium | MDHP | M-Sport Brakes | MPPK for added weight | MPE to round it off | De-Badged | M-Sport Vent Badges

RETIRED: 2008 E92 335i Coupé BMWCCA Nº. 383753
Old 04-13-2015, 09:02 AM

Thanks for the recommendation. Seeing that the only cost would be the one-way plane ticket...I'll consider PCD. I have to see if I have enough vacation days to do it.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:32 AM
Jayhawk Fan

Mein Auto: 435
It's a life highlight. Anyone buying new should do it.

Previous: 2003 540 Touring; 2001 740 Sport; 2004 330 Convertible; 2003 X3 (ED); 1998 323 Convertible

BMW CCA: 162191

Old 04-13-2015, 09:58 AM

Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by woobiee View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. Seeing that the only cost would be the one-way plane ticket...I'll consider PCD. I have to see if I have enough vacation days to do it.
It would only require one vacation day, a Friday. Fly down Thursday evening, take delivery Friday and then begin the drive back home after getting out of the Performance Center around 3 pm. Stay in a motel/hotel Friday evening and then complete the drive home Saturday. Pick up at the airport is covered, evening dinner for two at the Marriott is covered, room is covered, breakfast for two at the Marriott is covered, shuttle from the Marriott to the Performance Center is covered, lunch at the Performance Center is covered.

Everyone who does it, raves about it. Just make sure to request Friday delivery as soon as possible because that's the most requested day.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 435xi
Oktoberfest is a really busy time for the welt. Many Europeans goto Munich during that time along with foreigners to do ED during Oktoberfest. Just also keep in mind there is also one day during Oktoberfest the welt is closed. It's a national holiday for all of Germany. Try to reserve a pick up date asap.

I did my ED this pass sept during Oktoberfest. Hotels are really expensive but being at Oktoberfest and picking up my car was well worth it. I hope u enjoy it as much or more than I did. Btw do PcD as well. The wait is worth it. Depending when u drop off ur car would be avail for pcd pick up around thanksgiving time
Old 04-13-2015, 06:33 PM

Mein Auto: '12 328xi, '11 135i
What he said.
Consider staying outside of Munich, somewhere on the S-bahn system. Yes it will add 30 to 40 minutes, however you could save $$$$$.

What are your and your better halves interests? The is much to see and do in Europe.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:50 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. As of now we were eyeing a sept 18 arrival for a Monday sept 21 delivery date. We want to get out o Munich by then to travel around germany/Austria.

I did realize that hotels will be really expensive during this time so we tried out airbnb and the prices are quite fair. We don't mind roughing it up a bit but when we visit Salzburg we may splurge on a nice hotel for a few days.

All this is tentative as I have not placed that order yet. Just need those MY2016 info to be released!
Old 04-13-2015, 09:02 PM
SECDEF

Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 328xi
I'm in the same situation as you. I am waiting for the MY16 info to be released to place my order and reserve my pickup date during Octoberfest. I plan on arriving in Munich on 9-18 for my second ED. This is very tough planning a trip during this time when I can not confirm a date.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:36 AM

Brilliant, perhaps we may both get the same delivery date! Or at the very least say hello.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:54 PM

Mein Auto: Hyundai Genesis Coupe
I'm planning my ED for September too. But right now I'm planning to go during Labor Day (save a vacation day). Oktoberfest would probably be neat but I worry that hotel rates will be too expensive. I'm waiting for MY2016 info before I start contacting dealers. Any suggestions? I'll probably be looking for $500 over invoice for a 228i which seems possible. I'll definitely do PCD.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:49 PM
SECDEF

Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubryaj View Post
I'm planning my ED for September too. But right now I'm planning to go during Labor Day (save a vacation day). Oktoberfest would probably be neat but I worry that hotel rates will be too expensive. I'm waiting for MY2016 info before I start contacting dealers. Any suggestions? I'll probably be looking for $500 over invoice for a 228i which seems possible. I'll definitely do PCD.
Hey I just moved from Pittsburgh. Give Paul Rahal a call at Bobby Rahal BMW. He has handled my last few deals and my last ED.