Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 11-07-2015, 04:15 PM

Mein Auto:
Using ED pricing for ED a must?

Bimmerheads -- was wondering if you absolutely have to use ED pricing if you want to do an ED (4 series)? Typically of course you would because the discount is so steep but my situation is a bit different.

Aka, as I run the numbers, my Corporate Fleet incentive + UDE + BMW holiday incentives give me a price well below the ED pricing (5% discount). My 4 series would have to be built and not coming from a dealers inventory so is it possible to do my incentive pricing, yet still get it delivered at the Welt?

Thanks much!!
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2015, 04:43 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: M3
I am almost certain the answer to your question is "no." However, you need to talk to one of the Bimmerfest sponsors who are experienced at handling European Deliveries to be sure.

As far as I know, none of the various incentives apply to European Deliveries and the Corporate Fleet program is not eligible for European Delivery anyway. I think all you get when you do a European Delivery is the ED discount, which will drop to 5% off base US MSRP effective with cars produced after Dec. 31, 2015.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:20 PM
Ultimative fahrmaschine

Mein Auto: '08 328 E93 '12 X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninong View Post
I am almost certain the answer to your question is "no." However, you need to talk to one of the Bimmerfest sponsors who are experienced at handling European Deliveries to be sure.

As far as I know, none of the various incentives apply to European Deliveries and the Corporate Fleet program is not eligible for European Delivery anyway. I think all you get when you do a European Delivery is the ED discount, which will drop to 5% off base US MSRP effective with cars produced after Dec. 31, 2015.
If the rules are the same as last year, the incentives do not apply to ED. I tried. It turned out that I got a better price doing a performance center delivery than I would have an ED.

Doing an ED is not always going to yield the same savings that it did a few years ago. Dealers willingness to discount off MSRP and attractive incentives have eaten into the savings. Plus you need to factor in the loss of use of your vehicle during shipping.

But then, the savings are not the only reason to consider ED.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpuma View Post
If the rules are the same as last year, the incentives do not apply to ED. I tried. It turned out that I got a better price doing a performance center delivery than I would have an ED.

Doing an ED is not always going to yield the same savings that it did a few years ago. Dealers willingness to discount off MSRP and attractive incentives have eaten into the savings. Plus you need to factor in the loss of use of your vehicle during shipping.

But then, the savings are not the only reason to consider ED.
That's what I always thought, too. I know that the Corporate Fleet program does not apply to ED and that the other incentives don't apply but I figured he should ask anyway just to be sure nothing has changed.

You're right about some dealers not being thrilled to do ED, especially on M cars that come out of their allocation, because they make more on non-ED deals. So you always have to check to see what's the lowest price you can get if you want to compare the price of an ED deal compared to a regular deal. And then the PCD option let's you pick any dealer in the country. It's a great option for someone close enough to Spartanburg.

Obviously your expenses to fly to Munich and then your daily living expenses there will exceed the 5% discount but people don't do it to save money.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:21 PM

Mein Auto:
Just to clarify, i'm not considering applying the various incentive to an ED price, most incentives have fine print that says not applicable to ED. My thought was more along the lines that if i'm getting my 4 series built there, even though its not ED pricing but incentives pricing, couldn't I pick it up there?

Definitely need to ask my CA
Thinking about it more and more, seems like a slim chance that's possible
Old 11-07-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtahir View Post
Just to clarify, i'm not considering applying the various incentive to an ED price, most incentives have fine print that says not applicable to ED. My thought was more along the lines that if i'm getting my 4 series built there, even though its not ED pricing but incentives pricing, couldn't I pick it up there?
No. Only cars ordered through the European Delivery program can be picked up over there. Cars ordered with regular pricing can be picked up at the Performance Center or at a BMW dealership in the US. They cannot be picked up anyplace else.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:25 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2015 320i
BMW Welt pickup = European Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtahir View Post

Definitely need to ask my CA
Thinking about it more and more, seems like a slim chance that's possible
Old 11-08-2015, 07:28 AM
Aviator

Mein Auto: BMWs & Ram trucks
BMW incurs a lot of extra expense in ED's: 2 weeks insurance, tourist registration, truck transport to the port, Welt delivery, off line handling, etc.

No way will NA approve ED coupled with discounted pricing via Corporate rates, UDE, etc. Gernerally, however, Holiday Cash (or whatever NA is calling it that year) can be coupled with ED.

...and a bunch of old English motorcycles

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery
Today's Posts Search