Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.47
Mein Auto: 318I
Exclamation What Should i do NEXT

Hi

Check This Video of my car after the changes.....

I vd Found a used AFM in my car so i replaced that, replaced my spark plug and plug wires, New Oxygen sensor. After changing that AFM my car and finally start when its in operating temperature. Great news uh.....NOT!!!!!. With that on It run like crap when its cold, it cant idle properly(it dies a few seconds after starting), My Exhaust pops(never happnes before), Smells like gas after i drive(never happnes before). What else should i make her run like a champ (well as close as possiable).

Thx

Last edited by Mr.47; 10-19-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 10-19-2007, 09:45 PM
livin large

Mein Auto: 2012 hypermotard 796
change all the filters and you might want to look at the temp sensors. it sounds like the engine is running rich (from you description) when its cold. and if you could adjust your timing, make sure its within specs. and thats all i can think of now.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:41 AM

i ll post another video when its @ cold temp just to let you know whats going on...anyways
Thats what i was thinking too that it was running rich, all filter has been changed execpt the fuel Feel a bit skepicitical(sorry if i spell wrong ) And how much dose temp sensors cost and at your best ability tell me where is it located....It would be easier for me because every sensor looks the same to me.

THX
Old 10-20-2007, 03:42 PM

Today i decided to adjust my AFM by tightning that allen or hex key looking bolt on the coner of the AFM and Now it idles and starts right but runs rough, dose anyone know what dose that hex looking bolt do???

THX