Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 03-23-2003, 08:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 335i GT (F34)
Pics of 330i ZHP in other colors?

I'm tempted to order a 330i ZHP, but I want to see it in colors other than Imola Red. Unfortunately, BMW has only shown it in that color (auto shows, BMW Magazine, BMWusa.com, etc.).

Worse, although BMWusa.com car configurator has been updated to let you configure a ZHP, the body style isn't reflected in the photos.

Does ANYONE have pictures of the ZHP in any other colors? I'd be very interested in seeing it in Silver Grey, Ti Silver, Mystic Blue, Black and/or White.

Personally, I'm thinking Silvery Grey with Natural Brown Leather interior would be quite nice. Opinions, anyone?
Ads by Google
Old 03-23-2003, 10:03 AM
racer wannabe

Mein Auto: '12 X5,'08 535i, '03 325i
Here is a link to some great pics posted on E46Fanatics:
330i Performance Package PICS!

Looks very nice in Silver Gray .
Old 03-23-2003, 10:21 AM

Mein Auto: Jet Black ZHP
bmw canada

goto the bmw canada site, you can build one with the color and m-tech and the wheels to see what it'll look like
Old 03-23-2003, 10:39 AM
take'r easy

Mein Auto: '03 330i - ED 05.12.03
Nice find F1. It was nice to actually see Silver Gray in the sun. I love it even better now!
Old 03-23-2003, 10:43 AM
SPF 100 Protection

Mein Auto: truck
first pics I have seen of the silver gray ZHP,
Old 03-23-2003, 12:26 PM

Wow! Looks great, but what about those clears?

F1Crazy,

Thanks for the link to those excellent photos of the ZHP in silver grey! I love it. In fact, I think I'm now sold on the alcantara interior, too, after seeing those pics.

Question, though: Those pics depict a silver grey ZHP with CLEAR/WHITE turn signal indicators instead of AMBER. All the pics from BMW I've seen show AMBER, and a lot of people have complained in the threads about this.

Nowhere does the owner who posted those pics say anything about having done that himself. Has BMW decided to use white/clear indicators in the ZHP after all? I would certainly prefer that.

Do any dealers know? Has anyone received a new ZHP yet who knows?
Old 03-23-2003, 12:46 PM

Mein Auto: ZHP
smalldog,

On page two of the ZHP pics link, the owner did respond that he had installed the clears himself after the purchase.

Yes---finally, my first posting. BTW, I'm considering a ZHP, as well.

Ken
Old 03-23-2003, 01:13 PM
95NU>*

Mein Auto: '04 Imola/Cinn M3
Thanks for the link F1. I love the looks of that package. Wheels, steering wheel, front end, and you can get Imola.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't get this package if they are buying a sedan now.
Old 03-23-2003, 01:40 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Re: Pics of 330i ZHP in other colors?

Quote:
Originally posted by smalldog
Personally, I'm thinking Silvery Grey with Natural Brown Leather interior would be quite nice. Opinions, anyone?
I am thinking you could be right.

Imola Red with Natural Brown would be gorgeous, but I think the red would be higher-maintenance. Silver Gray is very attractive and easier to keep that way, but I've got my heart set on nat brown and have been afraid that the two would not go together as well, but I'm thinking they will. Did you see the photo posted of the silver gray coupe with nat brown interior?
http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums...postid=1930077

Last edited by LMC; 03-23-2003 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:16 PM

steel grey/nat brown good, imola red/nat brown bad

I really like the look of the nat. brown leather in the steel grey coupe pictured in the link you provided, but I have to warn you about the idea of the red and brown. I've never seen this combo look good. With red, I'd recommend just about anything else (black or grey leather, or ideally, the black alcantara that comes std w/ZHP).

An especially ugly combo is Imola Red / Cinnamon Leather, as I've in pics of some M3's. There's just something about red and brown/beige that clashes.

There are a bunch of excellent pics of different interior / exterior combinations at the following URL (all on M3's, yes, but still informative)

http://www.m3supercar.com/e46interiorb.html
Old 03-23-2003, 08:29 PM
Why can't we get Diesels?

Mein Auto: V70R, JGC, MCS
I had my ZHP orederd on Silver Gray and changed it to Imola Red. Now that I see the actual Silver Gray I don't regret it. Not to say the car does not look awesome , but the Imola Red definitely adds more character and enhances the sporty look. Also, I think the alcantara/cloth goes better with red. Finally, I always liked the steel gray but thought sometimes it had a lavender-looking hue. The Silver Gray has made it worse. Why can't BMW offer a true Gray like Porsche's Seal Gray, or Slate Gray (I know it's a rip-off but it's awesome). That is, a gray that ALWAYS looks gray.

The Silver Gray is awesome, but personally I am glad I picked Imola Red for my ZHP. Icing on the ckae: I save $475, and I get a more exclusive color.