Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Forced Induction

Forced Induction
Aftermarket superchargers & turbos as well as tuning for stock BMW turbos (N54 motor - 135i / 335i / 535i). Force-fed discussion to make your car go faster

Old 10-28-2007, 03:18 PM
ED 335I silver sport

Mein Auto: 335i sport
G-tech weight and pitch survey..for our consistents

I drive a 335I sedan manual sport and have put into the G-tech a weight of 3600 for car 200lbs for me and 100lbs for gas total 3900. Is this close to what you guys have been putting into you computer. And with the sport i put in a pitch factor of 1.5.
My runs have been around 5.15 0-60 best so far of 5.14 and one totally crazy run 1/4mile12.56nooooowayyyyy I figure its fall and i must have had a bigg wind behind me anyway the other times have been pretty consistent.
I'd like to be a accurate as possible and I know you guys out there do to.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:47 PM

Mein Auto: dodge viper, corvette, bm
you dont need to do all that unless you want to roughly find out what your h.p. is. G-tech will give you correct acceleration times(give or take a tenth) without any extra info.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:13 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: Turbo BMWs
Skip the weight, but make sure the unit is level, your road is level and free of bumps. The gtech pro can be very accurate or it can be way off, so best to do back to back runs going both ways on the same road to verify. To say a car runs 12.8 for example it should be able to do that all day long, not just get one lucky run.
BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:05 AM
ED 335I silver sport

Mein Auto: 335i sport
Thanks for the advise terry... wow you are all over the boards, and I appeciate the input.