750 LI Trunk open issues using key FOB
I need your help to resolve my issue. Here are the diagnosis I have done:
1) Not a bettery issue on the Key FOB, as the same behaviour when operating using the switch from inside the car
2) Center console switch is already on
The symptoms are:
- The trunk will not open using button on the remote or the button on the trunk.
- It makes noise and try to open the trunk but the locking system unable to move the latch completely
- I applied WD-40 on the locking system but did not help much
- The trunk opens sometimes when pressing the key 4-5 times on the remote. But the results are not consistent. When the trunk opens, it opens nice and smooth. The issue seems to be when the button is pressed, it does not unlock it all the way.
- using the physical key, I can always unlock the trunk without any problem and it opens nice and smooth.
My car is about 9 years old but the miles on the car is 47K.