Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:22 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 750i 2006
constant misfires on 06 750i

I keep getting misfires with my car. first it was 8 then 7 then 6 now three. now my car has the check engine flashing and it shakes constantly and it putters when accelerating like it normally does when I have a misfire. I've replaced four coils now. all the other misfires it never constantly shook. only when accelerating slowly. but now its virgourously shaking half the time and at all other times it shakes but now a strong shake. please help? ugh. not again
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2015, 08:49 PM
Maintainin'

Mein Auto: 2006 750Li
I have an 06 li and my car is currently in the shop for this same thing. I've already spent over 2k in the past 2 weeks on it and now I have to drop another 2k on it because they are telling me that it is the DME.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 750Li
My wife's 08 E66 had a light accident which cause one side tie rod bent and not drivable, so it stay in garage for about two weeks. After replace the tie rod and want a test drive, when first start the engine, CEL flash first and stay on after several seconds, the car shakes and strong smell from exhaust, use app scan ECU error and told that found four misfires faulty code stored in ECU, clean error code and start it again then all fine, as need more repair works, so not drive out just move the car for another car can move in and put a battery tender as worry about the low voltage.

After another week or so for replacing front rotor and pad works, got CEL again when first start up, scan and found misfires like last time! clean code and start it then all fine, this time I drive out about 30 mins and I think this will give battery a better charge and since then no misfire as I drive it daily.

I am thinking that the battery may not fully charged before and drain to too low voltage after sitting too long without disconnect battery. but even I put a battery tender it seems still not good enough to get much juice!
Old Today, 05:42 PM
Maintainin'

Mein Auto: 2006 750Li
Got my car back yesterday and drove it about 200 miles today with no issues.

When I took it to the dealer for this problem they said it was the coils and changed them, they also said it was a problem with the fuel and did there treatment thing, problem did not go away so they said it's the spark plugs and changed them but still did not fix the problem in fact it got worse. Next they said it was some thing else (can't remember the name right now but it's some kind of module) but that didn't work either because it still misfired like crazy, next they said it's the DME and went ahead and changed it. Now the car seem to be working fine after having it back for a full day....