Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 750li
SOFT CLOSE and PDC issues -REBOOT?

I am experiencing random issues with driver door (only), on open i hear actuator/mechanism engaging for a few seconds. For two weeks it stopped completely working (but luckily still manually opened closed with no issues), and then all of a sudden came back to life.
Additionally, i am getting sporadic PDC malfunctions. I would just as well turn OFF both features but have asked before and i assume not an option.
Prior to purchase i was told a new battery was installed (and no, there is no CPO or warranty/dealer to run back to). Given my background in technology (not auto tech) i am wondering if a REBOOT might be helpful. So my question is this..... Would this be accomplished by disconnecting the battery? Is there anything i would need to do after reconnecting? I keep reading all about coding stuff and dont want to cause myself more headaches by doing this.
Thanks in advance for any help. This forum is a great help (although the more i read i cringe on what ELSE could go wrong).
Advertisement