Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 10-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 E90 325i
Lightbulb Who is in charge of THIS forum?

Hello!
Could you please be so kind and sticky a coupe of threads?

One would be this, which I think should be kept up as it gives a nice fat list of cars of the members, and aside from little ego trippin, there is a plenty of mods that people can see and figure out what certain upgrades would look like on their car.. Best bimmerfest E36 gallery this is.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...w+off+your+e36

Another one is this and is more important, which deals with probably one of the most repeated issues of the E36, the bleedin rear end noises.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...light=Rear+end

There is only a couple of stickies in this forum, so it won't overload anything. I was a mod while back on other forum, this takes like 30s to do usually, but could be appreciated I think by the forumers here.

While first one is always nice to browse through and a way perhaps for others to introduce their cars, the second one could answer a lot of repetitive questions which are quite important for anyone buying a used E36.

thx.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:58 PM
<----MY girl....

Send a message via AIM to jh1328
Mein Auto: e36 325i
I am in charge of this forum. And with that authority, i ORDER you to get back the avus blue, and ship it to me via yacht. thank you
Old 10-31-2007, 03:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 E90 325i
thanks for the bump, but i'm serious.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:21 PM
<----MY girl....

bump, i wanna know too. any mods wanna get in on this one? 320's got a legit point
Old 10-31-2007, 10:25 PM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what? View Post
Hello!
Could you please be so kind and sticky a coupe of threads? thx.
Done and done.

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 10-31-2007, 10:28 PM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
Thanks!!! Those are really helpful, although I have a feeling most of the new people will just dive right in and post. Sigh. Oh well.
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 11-01-2007, 05:24 AM
Tyler's Paw Paw

Mein Auto: 1993 325i
I've yet to understand what is wrong with people posting about topics that may have been covered in other threads. This forum is filled with ridiculous posts about video games and girls brought home without the parent's permission, so a few duplicate threads about BMW topics shouldn't be a problem.

I handle duplicate threads like most people should handle them: I don't open them. If I'm in a thread and I realize that it's a duplicate, I merely click out; no harm done. It takes all of us awhile to realize proper forum "decorum," if you will. I'm sure that my initial posts were duplicates with others, but luckily there is enough good information here (and well intentioned posters) that the bulk of my problems were taken care of.

Phantom, I mean nothing against your post, because I understand the frustration in continually seeing repetitive topics, but I think sometimes that people get a bit too anal (present company excluded) about a topic that is offensive merely because it's a subject once discussed (or twice discussed, or three times ... you get the idea).

If a person continues to ask the same questions over and over again, I think they'll lose the benefit of other's advice. When we see the same user name asking superfluous questions, most will just ignore their thread, regardless of the topic.

New people in forums need time to learn the process. And the last thing any of us want as BMW owners is to be considered elitists merely because we didn't want to answer the same question twice.

Conforti chip, aFe CAI, Bilstein struts/shocks, H&R springs, Mason Engineering strut brace, Borla exhaust, BSW/Sony audio, TMS cross drilled rotors/Hawk HPS high performance street pads, BMW style 43 16" wheels with Bridgestone Potenza P960 tires and if you've read this entire signature just to see what I've done to my car then you need some serious professional help.

Quote:
If you can't afford to do it right, you definitely can't afford to do it wrong.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:49 AM
Resident Pilot

Mein Auto: BMW Not Found
John - Thanks for the sticky. Much appreciated!
Pavel - Thanks for lobbying.

Quote:
And the last thing any of us want as BMW owners is to be considered elitists
Precisely the reason we split from the car club here at VT, and we did nothing to get the title. We were more down to earth and humble than those of the Supra and RX-7 groups.
Oh well...

1993 325is - Frigg - Grounded
2001 Z3 2.5 - Išunn - Active
Old 11-01-2007, 07:00 AM
Still here

Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Spence View Post
I've yet to understand what is wrong with people posting about topics that may have been covered in other threads. This forum is filled with ridiculous posts about video games and girls brought home without the parent's permission, so a few duplicate threads about BMW topics shouldn't be a problem.

I handle duplicate threads like most people should handle them: I don't open them. If I'm in a thread and I realize that it's a duplicate, I merely click out; no harm done. It takes all of us awhile to realize proper forum "decorum," if you will. I'm sure that my initial posts were duplicates with others, but luckily there is enough good information here (and well intentioned posters) that the bulk of my problems were taken care of.

Phantom, I mean nothing against your post, because I understand the frustration in continually seeing repetitive topics, but I think sometimes that people get a bit too anal (present company excluded) about a topic that is offensive merely because it's a subject once discussed (or twice discussed, or three times ... you get the idea).

If a person continues to ask the same questions over and over again, I think they'll lose the benefit of other's advice. When we see the same user name asking superfluous questions, most will just ignore their thread, regardless of the topic.

New people in forums need time to learn the process. And the last thing any of us want as BMW owners is to be considered elitists merely because we didn't want to answer the same question twice.
You have summed up why i have fallen out of love with the fest!!

Edirty6 for life
Old 11-02-2007, 01:21 AM
<----MY girl....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate_copy View Post
that makes me sad. what can i do?
Old 11-02-2007, 07:24 AM
M status achieved!

Mein Auto: 94 325i, 98 Protege
Quote:
+1 Pirate. We really need a mod to come in and clean up some of these threads, and we also need to stop posting garbage here as well. That is what OT is for. So what if you know us better, with a few posts you will know MORE people better.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh1328 View Post
that makes me sad. what can i do?
Turn this forum back into what it was 6 months ago.

Before the MASSIVE amounts of OT threads, the bitching and the spelling nazi's

Can you do that??

Edirty6 for life
Old 11-02-2007, 08:34 AM
<----MY girl....

Quote:
Turn this forum back into what it was 6 months ago.

Before the MASSIVE amounts of OT threads, the bitching and the spelling nazi's

Can you do that??
yeah probly. i mean there is a lot of nonsense threads, but we got like 40 new members in such a short time...we'll see what we can do...
Old 11-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Protect your (lug) nuts

Mein Auto: '97 BMW 328i
This realization makes me deeply concerned.

-- Henry David Thoreau
Old 11-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh1328 View Post
yeah probly. i mean there is a lot of nonsense threads, but we got like 40 new members in such a short time...we'll see what we can do...
Unless you can stop the muppets from posting crap or stop the nazi's picking up on EVERY single mistake i reckon we are done for

Is a real shame as this used to be brilliant and now it is just on a downward spiral

Kris...anything you can do??? Tighten up the reins??

Edirty6 for life
Old 11-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Bimmerfest Founder

So, are you guys saying that this forum needs, really needs its own dedicated moderator?

Old 11-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Still here

Hey Jon

I think it is getting that way....yes

Edirty6 for life
Old 11-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Protect your (lug) nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
So, are you guys saying that this forum needs, really needs its own dedicated moderator?
I made a poll about this not too long ago.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206194

-- Henry David Thoreau
Old 11-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornado View Post
I made a poll about this not too long ago.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206194
I know, I read that, but wasn't sure yet..

Old 11-02-2007, 02:09 PM
I Am The Machine

While I can see what Pirate is talking about, I don't know that it is terrible in here at the present.

I know who the spelling nazi is, and I've lightened up some. If you go back and look, it was only the people who were careless enough to not even try to make things look like the real word, with ridiculous slang or constant, absurd spellings of things. It was those who didn't put any effort in. How long has it been since I've mentioned spelling/grammar?

As for the duplicate threads, this is the only forum I've ever been on that apparently doesn't mind having 300 copies of the same question. I honestly don't see the problem with telling people to search.

As for nonsense/OT threads, now that I agree with. I think I've contributed somewhere between 2-4 since I've been here, but they were at least somewhat related. I do understand people feelings though, because most of OT is dominated by SSIMON, HGilsomething, Boile, Airbags, and a few other ones in particular, plus the ladies they leg-hump. Most threads in OT quickly spiral off the OP's topic into some clique-y little conversation between a few.

That said, I can see the concerns, just not sure they're a huge deal yet. That's just my opinion. However, I also don't see any problem with having a mod dedicated to this forum, no matter if its 100% necessary or not. Back when that thread was around I was fully behind making Pirate a mod, and still am. He's a great guy, and already spends a lot of time in here anyway, so I don't see why not. I don't think it really hurts anything to make him a mod, and while it's not necessary yet, it could help keep it from getting there.

Pirate for mod! But don't go overboard!
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
You're a derbanana
Old 11-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Resident Pilot

Mein Auto: BMW Not Found
I think most of the time anything I've posted is just read incorrectly. I'll try and make sure it's not mis-understood in the future. I do tend to have a rather dry humour that ends up making my writings seem a bit too harsh when they're not meant to be.

1993 325is - Frigg - Grounded
2001 Z3 2.5 - Išunn - Active
Old 11-02-2007, 05:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to E36FewInNumber
Mein Auto: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
While I can see what Pirate is talking about, I don't know that it is terrible in here at the present.

I know who the spelling nazi is, and I've lightened up some. If you go back and look, it was only the people who were careless enough to not even try to make things look like the real word, with ridiculous slang or constant, absurd spellings of things. It was those who didn't put any effort in. How long has it been since I've mentioned spelling/grammar?

As for the duplicate threads, this is the only forum I've ever been on that apparently doesn't mind having 300 copies of the same question. I honestly don't see the problem with telling people to search.

As for nonsense/OT threads, now that I agree with. I think I've contributed somewhere between 2-4 since I've been here, but they were at least somewhat related. I do understand people feelings though, because most of OT is dominated by SSIMON, HGilsomething, Boile, Airbags, and a few other ones in particular, plus the ladies they leg-hump. Most threads in OT quickly spiral off the OP's topic into some clique-y little conversation between a few.

That said, I can see the concerns, just not sure they're a huge deal yet. That's just my opinion. However, I also don't see any problem with having a mod dedicated to this forum, no matter if its 100% necessary or not. Back when that thread was around I was fully behind making Pirate a mod, and still am. He's a great guy, and already spends a lot of time in here anyway, so I don't see why not. I don't think it really hurts anything to make him a mod, and while it's not necessary yet, it could help keep it from getting there.

I also can't stand people who write paragraph after paragraph, when they could just sum it up in a few sentences. just kidding chad.

I do agree with the OT threads, they are getting a bit out of hand, and like chad said the OT forum is dominated by a few people and it's weird replying to some stuff because of a lot of inside jokes. every once and a while it's cool i don't mind, i feel we are all friends here and know the people in the E36 forum the best.

also think pirate would be a great mod, and when the time comes, if it's not already upon us, he would be the right man for the job. clean things up a bit.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Still here

Thanks guys

Edirty6 for life
Old 11-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Protect your (lug) nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post

Hahaha.. I think you pretty much nailed it just like I did not too long ago. The "inner circle" of OT is quite obnoxious when every single thread is eventually hi-jacked into oblivion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
I know, I read that, but wasn't sure yet..
Lets face it Jon, Pete's got great knowledge of the E36, a level head and probably the best helpful attitude of anybody around. I think it would be a good decision.

-- Henry David Thoreau
Old 11-02-2007, 06:36 PM
I Am The Machine

Quote:
Hahaha.. I think you pretty much nailed it just like I did not too long ago. The "inner circle" of OT is quite obnoxious when every single thread is eventually hi-jacked into oblivion.
Precisely. I tried to jump in there when I first got here, but I think obnoxious is just the word, and I really found the E36 guys to be a lot of help AND fun. OT is almost pointless to me due to the constant hi-jacking by the "inner circle" [good term V].

Quote:
Lets face it Jon, Pete's got great knowledge of the E36, a level head and probably the best helpful attitude of anybody around. I think it would be a good decision.
Absolutely agree. Great way to sum it up.
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
You're a derbanana