Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 02-01-2008, 12:39 PM
M5 Fantasist...One Day...

Mein Auto: '03 525i M-Sport
How do you shut the sat nav bint up?

Does anyone know how to turn the sat nav audio off? I have the M3 ragtop with the tv sat nav thingy (v30) and I would love to know how to shut the directional bitch up!

I've turned the volume all the way down on the settings screen and yet still she interrupts my ipod!!

I've got spilt screen on, my distance left computer switches to a yards indicator when approaching the turn, I don't need audio!!!! HELP ME!! IT'S DRIVING ME MAD!

Ads by Google
Old 02-01-2008, 04:46 PM
///M forum moderator

Mein Auto: 88 E30 M3.2, 08 451
select end navigation or someting like that on the nav menu
Old 02-01-2008, 05:43 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by TisorkA View Post
Does anyone know how to turn the sat nav audio off? I have the M3 ragtop with the tv sat nav thingy (v30) and I would love to know how to shut the directional bitch up!

I've turned the volume all the way down on the settings screen and yet still she interrupts my ipod!!

I've got spilt screen on, my distance left computer switches to a yards indicator when approaching the turn, I don't need audio!!!! HELP ME!! IT'S DRIVING ME MAD!

Sorry....Once you bring it into your life it takes over. You are doomed to listen to the voice forever. (BTW: Be careful; the more you insult it the more obnoxious it gets.)
Old 02-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Is it Trackday yet?

Mein Auto: 05 330ci 6MT
When navigating, as in you've entered a destination and asked the bitch to tell you how to get there, but you're not interested in what she has to say...

Hit the knob one time, get the pop-up menu that says something like "instruction" and has a picture of a speaker next to it. Hold the button in for a few seconds, the speaker will get a red line thru it indicating "mute" and da bitch speaks no more!

This will only mute for the existing trip, you can't mute her forever like you can on other maker's systems. Every time you enter a destination and ask for directions you'll have to do this procedure.

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin
Old 02-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E92 M3 Coupe
If you have voice commands with the nav., just push the button on the steering wheel and at the beep, say "Instruction Off". That will turn off the sound. The other way is mentioned above.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:07 AM
M5 Fantasist...One Day...

Mein Auto: '03 525i M-Sport
Thanks very much to JVR and Jim, my driving pleasure has returned.......