Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 roadster and coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 03-25-2003, 11:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1998 M Roadster
Question Rev Indicator install HELP!!

Hello everyone:
I'm new to this forum. Glad i found you. I already have a question or two. Thanks to Steve H. for inviting me to this forum.

-I have the Rev indicator (from BMP) and i can't seem to find the tach cable that feeds to the back of the cluster. Any idea which that is? I have power and everything else set up but the rev cable. Help!

thanks in advance for any suggestions...
Miguelangel A.

by the way...here's my baby (before mods)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw z3.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	9266  
Ads by Google
Old 03-25-2003, 05:06 PM
19,585 Miles

Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe 6LL93033
For your car you can pick it up on the instrument cluster natural connector X16-pin 20 black wire. This connector is on the right side of the cluster looking at it from the front. If you do not want to remove the cluster/connector you can look up from under the dash at the cable going to this connector and tap into the black wire.
You can also pick it up at the EWS module yellow connector X1659-pin 12 black wire. This module is behind the glove box in your car. The slip control module is there too.

Old 03-26-2003, 06:41 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1998 M Roadster
Talking

Wow. Thanks so much for your help Ron. I will try this tonight. I actually have to pull the cluster out to change the gauge face. Really, thanks so much for the help. I've been trying to get this going for a week and a half now and finally i hear back from someone who knows it well.

i will let you know how it goes.

cheers
M