Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Cars - Private Party

Cars - Private Party
Do you have a car for sale? Are you looking for a new BMW? Check here daily as well as searching on craigslist and eBay Motors

Old 11-08-2007, 05:44 PM

Mein Auto: 01 Mc, 08 M3, Motorrad x2
2003 BMW R1150R Motorcycle

I recently bought an R12RT, so I am reluctantly selling my 2003 R1150R. I bought this bike brand new from Ride West BMW in Seattle and I have been the only owner. It has been meticulously cared for and is in excellent condition. This bike has never been laid down, there is not a single scratch on it, and it has never been abused. I am selling it as shown with a long list of accessories. This bike can easily convert from a relatively naked bike to a very decent 2-up touring bike. Everything on the bike works as it did when new, and exactly as BMW intended it to. Outside of one warranty claim, this bike has never had a problem its entire life. Unlike many BMW boxers, this one does not burn any oil.

Ride West performed the 600 mile service. At about 1200 miles, a fork seal began to leak and it was fixed under warranty. Other than those 2 times, no one has put a wrench to this bike other than myself. I am a mechanical engineer and I have exceeded BMW's maintenance requirements throughout the life of the bike. I currently own three BMW motorcycles and I am a BMW motorcycle fanatic. The bike used BMW non-synthetic engine oil for the first 12,000 miles, then I switched to synthetic. It currently has Redline 20W50 engine oil in it. The bike had non-synthetic transmission and final drive oil until it had 6,000 miles on it, and at that time I changed over to Redline 75W140.

The bike currently has just about exactly 25,000 miles. I just (October 2007) performed the following services: changed engine oil (Redline 20W50) and filter; changed transmission oil (Redline 75W140); changed final drive oil (Redline 75W140); replaced fuel filter; replaced air filter; replaced OEM BMW battery with Odyssey PC680 (the 4-year old original battery was fine, but if you have the tank off you might as well replace the battery while you are at it); replaced spark plugs; adjusted valve clearances; synchronized throttle bodies; replaced alternator belt. I flushed the brake and clutch fluid 1 year ago this Thanksgiving. This bike is ready to ride and will not need any services for the next 6000 miles.

Some of the aftermarket parts included with this bike are: BMW system cases, Stillen Top Case, Marsee tank bag, Givi windscreen, BMW Fly Screen, Heated Sargent seat, PIAA 1100X auxillary lights, all records, all receipts, BMW maintennace CD-ROM, and more.

The bike is currently stored in my heated garage. It has a battery tender connected to it and Stabil fuel stabilizer in the tank. It is not being ridden.

I have many more pics (very high res) and details at: http://www.leatherz.com/pics/r1150r/r1150r.htm

If you are interested, you can call me at 425-377-0162. Bike is located near Seattle, WA. Thanks for looking, Jon.

14 R1200RT | 09 F650GS | 08 E90 M3 | 06 M Coupe | 01 M coupe
Ads by Google