Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 03-26-2003, 06:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 335i GT (F34)
Clears for new 330i ZHP

Hey mbr129...

I know from your previous posts that you have an Imola Red ZHP on order, and that you plan to "fix" the amber lights by replacing them with aftermarket clears.

I, too, am considering ordering a ZHP and would want to do the same. Have you researched getting the clears? How much do they cost and where do you get them from? How much $$ to install them?

I espcially like the ones seen in the pics of the guy in Germany who already picked up his new Silver Grey ZHP. I want ones like that with the simpler design rather than the more complicated look of the new ones.
Ads by Google
Old 03-26-2003, 06:28 PM
Why can't we get Diesels?

Mein Auto: V70R, JGC, MCS
To be honest I have not done the full research yet. But I saw them for $370 or so at Bekkers.com. That price includes the front corner lenses, the side markers, the rear tailights, and the sections that mount to the trunk (basically everything you need except for bulbs). This would make the car look like that of the guy who picked up his ZHP and posted pictures.

I plan on installing them myself. I have never done something like it, but it can't be too tough. I am a mechanical design engineer, so if I can't figure it out with instructions, then it's a poor design (as long as I have all the necessary tools). It should be a direct plug-in swap.

Last edited by mbr129; 03-26-2003 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:16 PM
I AM CANADIAN!

Mein Auto: 2001 330i TS/BLK
Just a little reminder to you guys. The 330iZHP comes with the black headlight inserts. Make sure you guys order the front corner lamp with the black trim around it instead ofthe one with the titanium trim. I think in bekkers.com they're referred to "325i clear lenses". Anyways, good luck with your new cars.

2001 330i Titanium silver, Black Leather, Steptronic, Premium Package, Clears, M3 Steering wheel with paddle-shift, M deadpedal, M3 trunk lip, M Aerodynamic kit, First-Aid kit, Warning Triangle, CD changer, Black Headlight Trim, Gloss black front grills, H&R cupkit, M3 RSMs, RD sway bars, Clubsport Splitters, and more...
Old 03-26-2003, 08:49 PM
TiAG 330i

Mein Auto: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally posted by mbr129
To be honest I have not done the full research yet. But I saw them for $370 or so at Bekkers.com. That price includes the front corner lenses, the side markers, the rear tailights, and the sections that mount to the trunk (basically everything you need except for bulbs). This would make the car look like that of the guy who picked up his ZHP and posted pictures.

I plan on installing them myself. I have never done something like it, but it can't be too tough. I am a mechanical design engineer, so if I can't figure it out with instructions, then it's a poor design (as long as I have all the necessary tools). It should be a direct plug-in swap.
i think cutter had a special on clears for 310. may want to call them and find out. I got mine from pacific for 347+shipping.

edit: For those doing ED, check with dealers in Munchen. They have lower prices, but with the Euro-US$ now, may be not.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ak330i
i think cutter had a special on clears for 310. may want to call them and find out. I got mine from pacific for 347+shipping.

edit: For those doing ED, check with dealers in Munchen. They have lower prices, but with the Euro-US$ now, may be not.
That's great. Thanks ak330i. I probably wont be buying them until my car is stateside (late June/early July), so who knows if they still will have the special. But thanks for the info!

Last edited by mbr129; 03-27-2003 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:24 AM
Here since day one

Mein Auto: 535ix, GL450, 991S, NSX
Quote:
Originally posted by ak330i

The dealers now sell the clears for the 02 and 03 sedan ? ?
I thought it wasn't legal to sell them here becasue the front turn signal doesn't have the required orange reflector

Back in October when I got mine, they didn't sell them . . . I overpaid and get them for $425 . . .
Old 03-27-2003, 09:41 AM
E46 enthusiast

Mein Auto: '00 Yugo
instalatiion of the clears is definately a DIY. For my car, it took me 10 minutes for the front and sides, and 30 minutes for the rear. For bulbs, they will come with amber bulbs, but if you don't want the egg yolk effect and want to stay legal, take a look at the Phillips Silver Vision bulbs. They blink amber but blend in when off.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:37 PM
Here since day one

Mein Auto: 535ix, GL450, 991S, NSX
Quote:
Originally posted by powerdrift
instalatiion of the clears is definately a DIY. For my car, it took me 10 minutes for the front and sides, and 30 minutes for the rear. For bulbs, they will come with amber bulbs, but if you don't want the egg yolk effect and want to stay legal, take a look at the Phillips Silver Vision bulbs. They blink amber but blend in when off.
The rears in my 03 330i were such a freakin pain in the a** compared to the ones on my 01 330Ci . .. my advice, make sure you have an extension for your socket wrench . . .
Old 03-27-2003, 12:39 PM

Mein Auto: E90 330i, X3 3.0i
Clears for new 330i ZHP

Hi all, this is my first post, and I'd just recently discoverd this board. I'm grateful to see a few of you are awaiting your ZHP, sharing my feeling. I'm expecting delivery on the 1st or 2nd week of April.

I'd just ordered a set of clears from Bekkers a couple of days ago for $369 plus shipping. Yes, you need to order the set for the 325i to get the black trim. If you tell them 330i, you will get the silver trim. The picture from the guy in Germany is with the silver trim though.

FYI, no BMW dealers are selling clears for the '02 sedan now, including Pacific. I called them last week and was told that they can not get them from BMW Germany anymore (at least for now). Maybe because of legality reason. The only 2 places I know that are still selling OEM's, not aftermarket, are Bekkers and Maximillian ($425 plus shipping). I'm expecting mine next week.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AF330i
The rears in my 03 330i were such a freakin pain in the a** compared to the ones on my 01 330Ci . .. my advice, make sure you have an extension for your socket wrench . . .
I have a complete Craftsman socket set (150+ pieces) with plenty of attachments. Plus anytime I don't have something, it is just an excuse to buy more Craftsman stuff.