Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 E90 325i
1 series sedan + X1

would BMW ever bother with one, did they ever announce why they don't make one? I think it might look pretty good in sedan shape... .. I know they are planning the X1, and CAR did a fantastic sketch on it (IMHO) even though it just took wheels an arches off the X5 or the like, and added them to the body of 1 5 door.

This is the small SUV. I'd buy it in a heart beat if it looks like this when it's out. Sweet car for city driving and occasional trip into country on gravel roads, as I never would want to have X5 or ugly X3, and not a fan of 5er touring... But this seems like perfect car for girlfiend/family which I cab borrow whenever...

Old 11-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Turn Burglar

Mein Auto: Red Assless Chaps
That is a very interesting question.
Thats an SAV that even I might be interested in. I'm sure if BMW does ever put such a vehicle into production it will never see U.S. soil though. We Americans are too obsessed with huge over-sized SUV's with 7 litre V8's and 17 passenger seating.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 E90 325i
i tihnk that obsession with hundred bucks a barrel might change someday..
Old 11-10-2007, 04:50 PM

Mein Auto: M3
I like the artists' rendering , but I don't think any of my friends (or anyone elses' for that matter)would want to sqeeze into the backseat for a local run to the slopes. The current backseat of the X3 is just bearable for a few hours, but this thing would just defeat the purpose of utility.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:15 PM
BMW Wannabe

Mein Auto: Scion tC for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanblood View Post
I like the artists' rendering , but I don't think any of my friends (or anyone elses' for that matter)would want to sqeeze into the backseat for a local run to the slopes. The current backseat of the X3 is just bearable for a few hours, but this thing would just defeat the purpose of utility.
It's not so much the rear seating I'm worried about as the boot. You could haul your mates to the slopes, but I hope all your gear stows nicely on the roof, cause ain't much going in the back of that thing.

Still, for a townie car, it's not bad a'tall.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:06 PM

Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastjack View Post
It's not so much the rear seating I'm worried about as the boot. You could haul your mates to the slopes, but I hope all your gear stows nicely on the roof, cause ain't much going in the back of that thing.

Still, for a townie car, it's not bad a'tall.
You could cram them in there, but they would probably need an hour of stretching after they get out just to return their legs back to any kind of limber state. As for the "boot," I think roofracks could take care of most of the luggage (snowboards/skiis). It probably would be a fun car to tool around town in, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of having an all wheel drive, SUV?
Old 11-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Powder Days

Mein Auto: 2005 X3 2.5i (ED 2004)
I'd get one by European Delivery like I did for my X3 which is moving production to Spartanburg in a couple of years.

Cheers

"I never understood the dread term "terminal illness" until I saw Heathrow for myself." Dennis Hopper
Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 AM
BMW Fahrer

Mein Auto: E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3 Skier View Post
I'd get one by European Delivery like I did for my X3 which is moving production to Spartanburg in a couple of years.
+1. It would provide the perfect opportunity for a European skiing vacation with my wife & son. By the time this thing comes out, he still wouldn't be tall enough to challenge the X1's rear seat accomodation...

adc
09 M3 Sedan ED
12 MINI Countryman S All4
93 Miata LE