Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-17-2007, 08:50 PM
BMW_tech's Avatar
BMW_tech BMW_tech is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: halfway there
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,019
Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_tech
Mein Auto: rickshaw
More effort needed to press the brake pedal to start?

Anyone experiencing increased effort on the brake pedal to start your engine ??

Although the brake pedal can be pressed,it can be quite noticeable on the brake pedal feel.This situation can occur if the vehicle sits for extended periods of time and vehicles E9x up to 9/07 are affected according to BMWNA database.Only vehicles exhibiting this situation should visit their dealerships.It is not a problem or a recall but rather case by case basis.The vacuum check valve, fitted at the brake booster, may leak due to component tolerances within the valve assembly.
__________________
YOUR SECRET ADMIRER
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 11-17-2007, 10:25 PM
elguevon elguevon is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Minneapolis
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 150
Mein Auto: '07 335i Coupe
Yeup....basically its a stiff brake pedal. It always starts when I press on it, but nonetheless I would expect the pedal to be soft and not have to exhibit the force equivalent of a quick stop. It hasn't been a show stopper but good to know this is a recognized issue.

I guess I'll have it looked at when I need to bring the car in for an oil-change, but no need to go out of my way....yet.

My car was built 09/07...so basically the end of the '07 models.
__________________
'07 335i Coupe - Space Gray - Auto|Nav|Sport|Heated Seats|BT|PDC|Sirius|HD|6FL
'05 525i - Space Gray - Auto| Heated Seats|BT|Sirius (Retired)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-17-2007, 10:40 PM
ddtan ddtan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!
Location: Gig Harbor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 923
Mein Auto: 07 335i Sedan
Do you mean that when I first step on the brake pedal in the morning, that I find that it hardly depresses much, but as soon as the engine starts, then the brake pedal releases, and moves down to it's usual brake position? It is as if the power assist was off, and then came on.
I didn't know that was a problem, but my car does that.
__________________
ED 4-18-07: AW335i E90
Redelivered 6-15-07
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-17-2007, 10:47 PM
BMW_tech's Avatar
BMW_tech BMW_tech is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: halfway there
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,019
Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_tech
Mein Auto: rickshaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by elguevon View Post
Yeup....basically its a stiff brake pedal. It always starts when I press on it, but nonetheless I would expect the pedal to be soft and not have to exhibit the force equivalent of a quick stop. It hasn't been a show stopper but good to know this is a recognized issue.

I guess I'll have it looked at when I need to bring the car in for an oil-change, but no need to go out of my way....yet.

My car was built 09/07...so basically the end of the '07 models.

consider yourself aware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtan View Post
Do you mean that when I first step on the brake pedal in the morning, that I find that it hardly depresses much, but as soon as the engine starts, then the brake pedal releases, and moves down to it's usual brake position? It is as if the power assist was off, and then came on.
I didn't know that was a problem, but my car does that.
Yes.
__________________
YOUR SECRET ADMIRER
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-18-2007, 06:42 AM
Snareman's Avatar
Snareman Snareman is offline
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,008
Mein Auto: 435, Grand Cherokee
Mine only seemes to do this sometimes, but I've never been able to (or really tried I guess) to correlate it with anything.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-18-2007, 08:04 AM
krash's Avatar
krash krash is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,685
Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_tech View Post
Anyone experiencing increased effort on the brake pedal to start your engine ??

Although the brake pedal can be pressed,it can be quite noticeable on the brake pedal feel.This situation can occur if the vehicle sits for extended periods of time and vehicles E9x up to 9/07 are affected according to BMWNA database.Only vehicles exhibiting this situation should visit their dealerships.It is not a problem or a recall but rather case by case basis.The vacuum check valve, fitted at the brake booster, may leak due to component tolerances within the valve assembly.

I noticed this when the weather started to get colder. Sort of strange, but I am not really concerned about it.
__________________
2013 335i: Sport Line, Premium, Technology, DHP, HK, 8 Speed Sport w/Paddles, Heated Seats, PDC, Camera
2004 330ci: zhp, premium, Dinan upgrades (various)

Last edited by krash; 11-18-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-18-2007, 04:40 PM
bigslickak bigslickak is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: California
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 249
Mein Auto: '11 E90 335d
Been noticing this as well on my June build 335i. Only started recently, don't know if it corresponds to the cooler weather (not that it's that cool here in California). It doesn't happen on every start either. This has corresponded to a "Service Engine Soon" light. I will be bringing the car in for that and will mention the stiff brake at starting as well.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-18-2007, 11:23 PM
BMW_tech's Avatar
BMW_tech BMW_tech is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: halfway there
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,019
Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_tech
Mein Auto: rickshaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslickak View Post
Been noticing this as well on my June build 335i. Only started recently, don't know if it corresponds to the cooler weather (not that it's that cool here in California). It doesn't happen on every start either. This has corresponded to a "Service Engine Soon" light. I will be bringing the car in for that and will mention the stiff brake at starting as well.


any driveability issues with your S.E.S. lamp?
__________________
YOUR SECRET ADMIRER
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms