Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: E46 M3
Thumbs up Bimmerfest Exclusive! Supercharger for N62 V8 645/650

Hey guys,

It has been quite a while since we have posted. Some may be aware that we were working on a 645 (N62) supercharger kit using a centrifugal supercharger and charge cooler manifold to fit all 5/6/7 45/50s. After spending close to $100K in R&D for this project we put the R&D on hold for a year but after re-evaluation decided to revive our plans for forced induction on the N62 V8.

We are interested to learn what the demand and interest would be in this forum and invite enthusiasts to contact us via email on nik@vf-engineering.com and post questions here. Please note, this kit will not fit the M62 on the E38/39 540/740.

-Nik Saran
VF-Engineering R&D
(pending forum sponsor)

*See attached Press Release**
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VF Engineering Bimmerfest Press Release.pdf (131.2 KB, 664 views)

Last edited by GeneArch; 11-30-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 11-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to tbal69
Mein Auto: Qrtr27
NICE! What will be the Cost? What kind of numbers are you thinking it will do?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Back again

Mein Auto: 2012 750i M tuned
mmmmmm... sounds yummy
2006 650 vert dinan tune - retired
Old 11-30-2007, 08:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650
Nik - Yes it sounds interesting. As someone else mentioned, interest and price are related

I also have to say, having heard "coming soon" from VF for so long, I have lost a little faith in you guys. My interest now is less that it was a year ago due to the fact that you haven't been able to produce anything in a year.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:48 PM

Mein Auto: 650i
I would be interested for sure. Also I am in So Cal if you need beta testers
Old 11-30-2007, 02:57 PM

Mein Auto: 6 series
I woulD also be interested and would like the info..
Old 11-30-2007, 03:39 PM
bmw addiction

Mein Auto: X5d
i dont think they'll have a shortage of beta testers lol

2012 X5d | White on Black | Fully Loaded | Sport Package
Black Trim Painted White

-2009 E320 Diesel | White on Black | H&R Springs | Kleemann KD-Box | 20" Monarch Hamburg Rims
Black Roof | E63 Rear Lip | Hood Emblem Delete | Foglight Chrome Trim Delete Gone

-2003 760LI Titanium Gray Metallic | Every option | H&R Springs upfront , via computer in rear
OEM Style 128 21" wheels | 40% tint | AIB Angel Eye's w/ matching foglights Gone
Old 11-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Living a dream!

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Thank you for posting this here Nik!

Another great scoop for Bimmerfest...
Old 11-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Banned

cost roughly 9g

Quote:
centrifugal Vortech supercharger. With the stock 4.4 liter motor, power and torque are already substantial. However this upgrade is for the V8 enthusiast who demands more than substantial power. The new found power makes the 645 more powerful than a stock E64 M5 and a potential contender to the new E60 M5 V10. As a daily driver the supercharged 645 SMG is a mild mannered beast waiting for the throttle body to opened wide. It is easy to slide the back end out under full throttle and launch the V8 to speeds way above the limit in a split second. Good brakes and self control are suggested pre-requisites.

Maintaining the the original BMW quality, smoothness and reliability were the key factors in the VF design. This is where the GIAC software comes into full play. VF have harnessed reliability of Vortech superchargers and quality of GIAC custom software with their 10 years of supercharging experience and worldwide OEM supply contacts to create the ultimate supercharger system for the ultimate drivers car.

All key components are 100% made in California. This system has been fully road tested and dyno tuned on both the GIAC Mustang MD500AWD and in-house Dynojet 224XLC dynamometers with and without engine load. All stage 1 kits are setup at 6 psi and create as much, if not more power than similar products running greater levels of boost.

VF engineers spent over 12 months software testing the BMW Bosch and Siemens ECUs. Software flash technology and latest BMW file versions have all been employed to provide the cleanest and the most reliable method of software installation. GIAC engineers extensively re-wrote the ECU software using their own binary, assembly and disassembly algorithms written from scratch. Testing the software included extensive road and dyno test cycles, with acceleration and deceleration tests for driveability smoothness and ECU fuel management. All test cars were put through long term full throttle testing in conditions varying from wet cold climates to hot dry Arizona desert temperature for safe-optimal air fuel ratios and knock activity monitoring. Competently-written ECU software has allowed VF to fully explore the potential of the BMW engine, making over 40% more power in most applications.

VF chose to mount the Vortech supercharger with an in-house CNC machined aluminum bracket system. The unit is positioned in line with a bolt-on crank pulley with an additional active OEM tensioner using a dedicated serpentine belt. The key to reliable superchargers sytems is the the active belt tensioner which eliminates belt slip. The supercharger air ducts are custom molded in-house from plastic to give an OEM appearance, quality and fit. The incorporated Bosch boost overrun system is designed for smooth off-throttle cruising and deceleration with clean emissions. The crankcase ventilation system is designed to cope with positive pressure and high flow OEM injectors are supplied to fit as direct replacements without modification to the injector rail. A removable plastic air box is provided with the K&N induction filter for those who use their vehicles in persistently wet climates.

VF aftercooled the 645 by integrating a chargecooler into a cast aluminum intake manifold included with the kit to replace the original manifold. This design approach reduces the length of pipework by about 75% required for a remote mounted chargecooler core or air/air intercooler. The simple and compact design make this kit integrate neatly into the V8's engine bay.

The VF supercharger system remains fully OBD2 compliant and is supported by a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty on the product only. Installation can be performed in approximately 8 hours and is non-intrusive, allowing it to be fully reversible.

Right: The SLA 3D model of the VF replacement intake manifold is shown mounted in the 545/550 engine bay. The manifold contains an integrated water-intercooler for optimal after cooling. Left: The manifold is flow tested on VF's Superflow 1020 flow bench.

Every aspect of this kit has been fully engineered for high quality fitment and highly demanding performance and expectation. VF's in-house horizontal, turning and milling CNC's and plastic molding plant, GIAC's industry reputation and track record, and Vortech's reliability have been fully exploited to create a product with internationally un-rivaled material technology, quality, and performance.

Not all vehicles respond identically to engine modifications, which is why it is important to consider the "delta", or relative power, increase measured on the same dyno before and after modification. Power gains shown by VF have been found to be accurate on test vehicles on 91 octane at sea level, with stock setups (i.e. throttle body, exhaust system, etc.). The GIAC software adapts just as the OEM software and a slight increase in performance may be expected from the use of higher quality fuels such as 93 octane. Power gains may vary according to factors such as altitude or vehicle condition.
PRODUCT FEATURES
PRODUCT FEATURES

3 Year Warranty

Vortech Supercharger Unit

In-House CNC Machining

Plastic Molding

Cold Air Intakes

GIAC Chip Tuning

After Cooling

Made in the USA

Flow Bench Tested

SolidWorks Designed

Miller Tig Welding

FARO Precision Scanning

SPECS
SPECS

GIAC custom tuned stage 1 software
RPM limiter increased to 7000 rpm
Soft rev limiters and top speed governor removed
Vortech V2 Super Quite SC trim polished supercharger
3 year unlimited mileage limited product warranty
VF- CNC machined 6061 aluminum bracket system
VF- Vortech air-to-water heat exchanger system
Bosch water pump with VF water reservoir system
OEM BMW idler pullies
OEM High flow fuel injectors
VF- Custom molded polypropylene ducting
VF- Custom tuned supercharger intake
Bosch overrun bypass valve system
Custom crank case ventilation system
4 ply silicon couplers with OEM screw clamps
VF- CNC oil fittings with high pressure OEM oil lines
Additional OEM serpentine belt
Bolt on crank pulley and OEM belt tensioner
K&N induction filter with cold air intake and optional air box
Comprehensive installation CD Rom
Compatible with SMG transmission (pls specify)
Precision Made in California, USA
Old 12-10-2007, 03:18 PM

Mein Auto: 00 740i
I am so excited. I have been waiting for this for 2 years.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:38 PM

Mein Auto: 650i
Once someone has had this sucessfully installed please post your comments.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:19 PM

Mein Auto: 645 Convertible
Is there any chance of a twin screw supercharger option? You know, swap out the Roots blower, and put the Lysholm charger in?

Just wondering.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:31 PM

Mein Auto: x5, 650cabrio, 650 dakar
I also would be interested depending on price and install
Old 02-27-2008, 01:39 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 645 ci
Any news on the release date?
BMW 645 ci. Breyton Spirit 21", H&R Coil Over, H&R Sway Bars, M6 front bumper, M6 Rear Bumper, M6 Side Skirt, M6 Supersprint Muffler, Supersprint X-pipe w/o resonator, Custom Front Resonator, M6 Mirror, M6 SMG Steering Wheel, Superchips ECU upgrade, BREMBO BBK Front 8 Piston, rear 4 piston, M6 Speedometer, Facelifted front and rear lights, BMW Sport Pedals, Racing Dynamic Header, DINAN CAI, RPI Air Scoop.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:10 PM

Send a message via MSN to JULIO650I
Mein Auto: BMW 650i Convertble
Cool I will love one...

I am interested on more power for my 650i... what kind of price are we talking about ?
Old 02-27-2008, 03:21 PM

Send a message via MSN to JULIO650I
Mein Auto: BMW 650i Convertble
Cool Supercharger...

I'm interested, Please contact me.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:25 AM
Banned

its not released yet... any updates their nick
Old 03-10-2008, 01:32 AM

Mein Auto: bmw 5 & 6
do u know witch exhaust is good looking on the 650i? and should I use eibatch or H&R
Old 03-19-2008, 11:06 PM

Mein Auto: Bimmer
Nik, please post performance figures with the new design when you have them, thanks.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Banned

hello?????
Old 03-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Bimmer Driver

Mein Auto: BMW 645ci
i dont think this supercharger will ever be done

20" Vertini Hennessy | AC Schnitzer Paint Job | M6 Conversion | Magnaflow Exhaust | Carbon Fiber Emblems | 20% Tint |
Old 05-02-2008, 02:51 PM

Mein Auto: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTuRk7x View Post
i dont think this supercharger will ever be done
Agreed, six months later Nik has vanished and no updates. Sort of like their vaporware Supercharger for the 645/650

I wonder whether it's because they are not committed to the product or whether they just can't figure out how to make it work. Apathy or incapable?
Old 05-02-2008, 03:06 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 645
Be careful- the last time I said anything negative about these guys, my posts were deleted and I was threatened to be banned since they are a paying sponsor. I also received a nice email from the company themselves

Just a heads up!!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Banned

haha that company is a fake, the whole supercharger is a fake, it will never be made... move on ppl, if you need more power.. m6
Old 05-03-2008, 01:37 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 645
aint so bad i guess but i am saving up to jump on m5/m6 and maybe do something to it. my 645 costs NOTHING in canada now. time to dump it, get m5/m6.

hp increase to 500 is interesting thou. 10g sticker seems all right too.