Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > Canada > BC, AB, Sask, Man

BC, AB, Sask, Man

Old 12-03-2007, 03:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 745i / 2005 X3
Calgary BMW

I am curious as to how others have been treated there.
Ads by Google
Old 12-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Gadget freak

Mein Auto: .02.330i.aw.
Good call. No PST!

Are you the same #1 stunna from Revscene by any chance??
Old 12-04-2007, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggs View Post
Good call. No PST!

Are you the same #1 stunna from Revscene by any chance??
Nope. I used to be on some z06 forums last year...
Old 12-04-2007, 07:03 AM

have others been told that if you didnt purchase a car from there dealership you no longer would be a priority?
Old 12-04-2007, 09:35 AM

Mein Auto: Acura Tl
I ordered my car there, so far so good. With their expansion I think service will not be an issue.

Now if you are importing a US car all bets are off. It appears all dealerships are giving tiered service to Cdn cars first and the US cars somewhere at the end of the line.

Fair, not really. But that is the reality when they are so busy in Calgary. Tons of bimmers
Old 12-04-2007, 12:20 PM

Nope, my cars a regular 745i I bought in Canada...they also said that when you do book I am not elgible for a loaner vehicle either since I did not purchase from them originally. My car still has the factory warranty as well.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Stunna View Post
Nope, my cars a regular 745i I bought in Canada...they also said that when you do book I am not elgible for a loaner vehicle either since I did not purchase from them originally. My car still has the factory warranty as well.
this is interesting....can you elaborate on the experience ?
Old 12-07-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme4atstdrv View Post
this is interesting....can you elaborate on the experience ?
my car is going in to get some warranty work done...when i asked if i can have a loaner the service advisor told me that the dealership has implemented a new policy...the policy being, if you did not purchase your vehicle from the dealership you are no long eligble to get loaners...
Old 12-08-2007, 05:23 AM
Gadget freak

Mein Auto: .02.330i.aw.
I can understand that other dealer won't give out a loaner car for customers who did not purchase from their dealer, unless BMW Canada specified that all dealers should give out loaner cars for all servicing. (it's just my thought, not a fact or confirmed research)

But then you are paying hundreds or thousands for servicing, so why won't they provide you a loaner car on their expense?
Old 12-08-2007, 11:32 AM

But then you are paying hundreds or thousands for servicing, so why won't they provide you a loaner car on their expense?[/QUOTE]

well thats what i was thinking...i dont really care if they gave me a loaner, it just that regardless of me purchasing my car from them or not i am still going to be paying tons for service...

i just finished talking to a sales rep for a new 6-series maybe 5 mins ...it just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason...so i basically decided not to purchase it from them...lol
Old 12-10-2007, 10:44 PM

Mein Auto: E90
from what I understand the new dealership is awesome.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:01 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i
I bought my '08 335 from Calgary BMW and have nothing but good things to say about the dealership. If you haven't seen their building you owe it to yourself to stop by - it's enormous *especially when you compare it to the old place*. I was taken on the grand tour, and as a recall there are 20 or 24 service bays, and heated interior parking UPSTAIRS for roughly 70 cars (which are washed then taken upstairs to await pickup).

As far as the loaners go, you have to appreciate that they are incredibly busy, and would likely need 100 or more "loaners" if they were to make them available to every customer. I'm sure if you struck up a good relationship with one of the SA's that a loaner might be made available.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 535xi M-Tech
Thumbs up Calgary!!!

Hey guys, i was jsut searching random calgary stuff and found this thread. My dad works at calgary BMW as a salesman and has been there for 7 years. If you have any questions about the new dealership (Which is REALLY nice) just ask

Old 01-09-2008, 02:46 PM

Mein Auto: 08 E90 335i
I also bought my 08 335 i from calgary BMW as well and so far my experience has been positive. My CA JM has been great since I met him back in October before I ordered my car. He is extremely knowledgeable on all the BMW products and he treats me with respect. He also informed what production stage my car was in during the last 2 months.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 535xi M-Tech
Whats the name of your salesman?

Old 01-11-2008, 06:56 AM

Mein Auto: 08 E90 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizz20 View Post
Whats the name of your salesman?
JM Wong
Old 01-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Express Automotive Centre

Mein Auto: 2003 X5 4.6is, 2000 323ci
Thumbs up Red Deer Service

We to have been to the new dealership. Grand Opening was awesome! We own and operate an independent BMW service garage in Red Deer. We also are the Canadian exclusive Split Second Turbo Tuner dealer and a SuperChip UK dealer. THey are the best! I own a E46 with a Active Autowerkes Supercharger and a E 53 X5 4.6is. If any of you are interested in great service not that far away, please call.
Jerry
Express Automotive Centre
www.expressautomotive.ca
Old 02-02-2008, 11:24 AM

Mein Auto: x5
calgary bmw sux

First off both bmw dealerships in calgary have the same owner i believe, second of all they have the worst service department,third of all if u didnt purchase your car from them your better off to try finding somewhere else to go, my car was there for 1 month to have warranty work done and they wouldnt even give me a loaner , bmw gallery is a little better but not by much.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:01 PM

Mein Auto: soon 335 xi or ci
Calgary is owned by one owner Tony Dilawri.
Have you tried Bavaria BMW? A couple hours north for service/warranty??
Not getting a loaner is kinda the normal thing that all oem dealerships do,It gives customers that buy from the dealership first priorities

Last edited by kosmo74; 02-17-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:58 PM

Mein Auto: 530i
I have had nothing but great service from both Calgary BMW dealers.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:16 AM

Mein Auto: Acura Tl
Getting mine there, great sales guyand great parts dept.

I p/u in April so hopefully it all goes well.

The thing with loaners is they can't have one for every person, impossible, especially since they are so big now.

A loner is a perk but not a guarantee.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:56 PM
calgarygirl

Mein Auto: 2005 325 xi
Smile Calgary BMW serves Calgary buyers only

yes its true, Calgary BMW is so busy they can only service the cars they sold or leased. The other Calgary BMW dealership is owned by the same people and its the same situation. As a long time customer I can tell you that they simply do not have the space or the people to service non-Calgary vehicles except on a limited basis - even with the expansion. Otherwise no one would be turning away business. Fact is if you buy stateside you might have a problem getting service. As a sales person I get this - I would also put the people who bought from me first. It costs more but over the last 3 years Calgary BMW has treated me like royalty and as someone who needs their car for work this is worth its weight in gold. I make my lease payment, all service is included and its pain free. At the end of my 39 months I take it back and get a new one. Cost of doing business and I write off 60%. The hassle of going to the US for me is not worth it for the difference in payments because I always lease as a sales person.