Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to jeff330i
Mein Auto: '02 330i ZJC
[Z4] BMW front aero bumper

I just saw the aerodynamic kit online for the Z4, and I must say I am impressed. Few questions for anyone who knows:

1) 3.0si fog lights are the rectangle jobs, but the aero ones are the old round-type. Do you need to buy new lights and fixtures?

2) Is the rear diffuser stick on?

3) how much would painting side skirts and a front bumper be?

TIA!
Old 12-09-2007, 01:47 PM

Mein Auto: '04 Z4 3.0i, '97 M3
the aero bumper was designed pre-facelift & thus utilizes the standard pre-facelift fogs, so you'd have to buy new ones
Old 12-09-2007, 09:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to jeff330i
Mein Auto: '02 330i ZJC
ridgeway: any idea/recollection how much the fog lamps and installation parts cost?

also: any opinions on the facelift bumper vs the aero bumper? Every time i look at my car i feel like it's smiling at me.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:16 PM

Mein Auto: '04 Z4 3.0i, '97 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff330i View Post
ridgeway: any idea/recollection how much the fog lamps and installation parts cost?

also: any opinions on the facelift bumper vs the aero bumper? Every time i look at my car i feel like it's smiling at me.
i don't have a clue on the cost- insurance paid for it

i think it's hte #1 improvement that can be done to the z next to wheels

the stock bumper as you said gives a doppy non-aggressive look, while the aero is much more aggressive
the post-facelight is alot better than pre-facelift imo though

it does effectivly reduce ground clearance a bit though, just fyi, due to the corners being slightly lower, and the entire piece sticks out several inches farther, so you have to reduce the angle w/approaching speed bumps & such