Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 09-17-2012, 07:37 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3
Software to change Customer Preference features

Does anyone know if there is the software availble to be able to make changes to the "customer preferences"? This is the software to change settings...for example, having the car horn honk or the lights blink when you lock the car, having the car lock the doors when placing the transmission in drive and unlocking when placed in neutral, or having teh doors lock at a certain speed, etc.
Ads by Google
Old 09-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Glfbggy

Mein Auto: 07 X3si, 00 528, 00 MZ3
I had mine completed at the dealer. I've heard some say that they have been told it costs money to change once done. I have had the dealer change my X3 under warranty/service time periods, but I also had them change my wife's e39 without charge and outside of warranty periods.

One thing to note - your X3 may not ever honk when you lock the doors remotely. I know it is not possible to have set up in my '07 X3. Only the blinking signal lights are available. No sound.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:11 PM

Thank you very much for replying. I am kinda getting the impression that the review of the preferences is ONLY at the dealership, so your note is more confirmation.

I was not thinking that my X3 has the horn sound, but was using it as the type of features that are adjusted.

Thank you very much. Guess I will contact the dealership and see if they are courteous enough to assist my secondary purchase or if they intend to charge.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3, 2.0i, Manual, 10/06
There is software that you can use along with a proper OBDII cablem however the smaller sized software the triad of INPA, EDIABAS & NCSEXPRT, but are a bit complicated to learn to use and the other one is the BMW DIS software, which is very large and needs a computer set up for it. In any case it's nt a real click and choose kind of work to do. You could learn more by going tomthe dedicated forum for coding www.bmwcoding.com
Old 09-18-2012, 07:23 AM

This is the true value of having a forum! Thank you for your response and information!