Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 E92 (Nov ED)
Purchase experience through Irv Robinson – European Delivery

Order date: Mid July, 2007
Delivery date: Nov 15th, 2007
Redelivery date: Dec 27th, 2007

On my venture to purchase my first BMW, I did what any technical savvy car enthusiast would do, search on Google for the big BMW forums to see where I could learn about the process. My initial method to purchase was to shop around my local dealers, and choose one which would provide the best overall price and naturally go with that dealer. Upon reading on bimmerfest and e90post I learned of the wonderful experience known as European Delivery.

Initially, I was a little apprehensive of taking the European Delivery route. However upon reading more and more about the experience, I became more confident and excited about taking the plunge. Further reading about the forums, I saw Irv Robinson of Motorwerks (local dealer to me) was not only a sponsor on both sites, but Irv had plenty of positive feedback, not only from local buyers but from customers all over the nation.

I decided to call Irv myself and see what he could offer me. Mind you, I had talked to other CAs (at other dealers) before calling Irv, and for the most part, no one was really responsive or taking me seriously in purchasing a BMW. Irv on the other hand was a total different story. He was upfront, no hassle pricing, and was eager to answer all my questions. I have never met a CA that has returned phone calls or emails so promptly as Irv has, I would be a fool not to purchase with Irv. The week I spoke with Irv, I called him back and decided to order then and there. Irv is so proficient in the European Delivery process; it has been the most painless auto purchase I have ever made. Everything was done over the phone or via email (even though I was local) it was really convenient for me as I didn’t have to make trips to the dealer. Once the paperwork was in place, I simply played the wait game till delivery and wait again for redelivery. This is where Irv continued to shine. Most dealers/CAs would not give you the time of day once they have your money. Irv on the other hand continued to be supportive during the ENTIRE process, including redelivery and providing updates when possible.

All in all, Irv Robinson is a top notch CA and I would recommend him to anyone who wants to purchase a new vehicle. When I do decide to purchase another car, I will definitely be going with Irv. He’s a supporter of the forums and a pleasure to work with, you won’t regret going with Irv! Keep up the good work!

Cliff Notes:
Wanted BMW
Learned about Euro delivery on bimmerfest and e90post
Learned about Irv Robinson
Purchased through Irv Robinson
Irv Robinson rocks as a CA
Fin
Ads by Google
Old 01-08-2008, 08:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 328i E90
Thank you for that information. Very helpful.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Not a Bimmer driver anymo

Mein Auto: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
My Cliff Notes:

1. I wanted European Delivery
2. I needed an experienced salesman, since I'm planning a wedding while in Munich
3. First call went to Irv based on forum activity and recommendations
4. So far, it's been a pleasure, with 100ish days to go!
Old 01-08-2008, 06:59 PM

Mein Auto: ED #2 Completed!
Glad to hear it was a pleasant experience!

I'm looking into ED now and I sent Irv an email, however I was contacted by Angela. I am hoping this goes as smoothly as your transaction with Irv!
Old 01-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Slow But Speeding...

Mein Auto: 09 and 11 e90's
I think this is Irv's new assistant.

- J
Old 01-08-2008, 07:59 PM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Did Irv clue you in to all of the downsides of ED?

You anticipate for months. You rush over there in boundless joy. You are absolutely awestruck at the presentation and pick up of your car. Just when you think you can't get any higher, you hit triple digits on the autobahn, all legal-like. You commune with your car, driving it as it was meant to be driven.

Then, it is ripped from your arms. You get shuffled off to some sardine can in the sky to be sent home like a bad penny. And you wait. And you wait. And you wait.

You field dumb questions from friends. (I had one ask me, the day after I got home, so, can I come see the car? I told him the car gets airsick and can't fly. It has to take a boat to get here.)

And you wait.

Till, finally, finally, finally, it arrives.

It is all well worth it, but it is definately gut wrenching doing all that waiting at the end.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Freude am Diesel Fahren !

Mein Auto: MY09 335d
but in the meantime...

So to help with the transition, order the official JSpira Bimmerfest 2008 Calendar !

At least you can reminisce about the amazing places you visited while tracking the progress of your re-delivery.

Really, a calendar created by the guru of BMW Euro Delivery. Of course, you know he was the VERY FIRST delivery at WELT on opening day!

Definitely worth the price.

And he is an infinite source of knowledge about BMW.

Why wouldn't you support JSpira's inspirational work??!

You'll be glad that you did!

JSpira did not provide any compensation for this message.

yet

and beewang says Go Ducks!

Freude am DIESEL Fahren !!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Travel Fever

Mein Auto: 535dx
Nothing against Irv. But it would have more interesting to hear a bad story. We have many good CA story, a bad story would make a good entertainment. Again sorry.

MJ14 535dx - Imperial Blue
MJ10 550 GT - Imperial Blue (retired)
MJ07 530i - Silver Grey (Sold)
Old 01-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Driving 'en Plein Air'

Mein Auto: 435i vert ED July 2014
Kudos to Irv for another happy customer.

There is something to be said for endorsements and also bad reviews. However, the latter should be measured and in my opinion very well documented, as reputations can be easily damaged by frivoulous individuals who perhaps are not as integral to the Bimmerfest community.

A CA's performance is very important before and after the sale including redelivery. I am in the process of affecting my purchase for an ED 335i Coupe (June Munich Delivery ) and plan on reporting on my experiences - the good and the bad. It is my hope that others will enjoy reading and benefit from what I write... as I have on so many occasions on this board through other posts and including this OP.

Bimmerfest is such a great resource of knowledge because of the involvement and the experiences of everyone on this forum! Thank you Ciper and all!

Stuart

F33 435i M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Oyster/Black/Estoril | 441M 18" Wheels | Driver's Assistance | Premium | MDHP | M-Sport Brakes | MPPK for added weight | MPE to round it off

ED 2014: Click here to view ED report | ED 2008: Click here to view ED report | PCD Re-Delivery: Click here for PCD Report

RETIRED: 2008 E92 335i Coupé | BMWCCA Nº. 383753
Old 01-09-2008, 01:10 PM
3 pedals only!

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Carbon Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamdog View Post
You anticipate for months. You rush over there in boundless joy. You are absolutely awestruck at the presentation and pick up of your car. Just when you think you can't get any higher, you hit triple digits on the autobahn, all legal-like. You commune with your car, driving it as it was meant to be driven.

Then, it is ripped from your arms. You get shuffled off to some sardine can in the sky to be sent home like a bad penny. And you wait. And you wait. And you wait.

You field dumb questions from friends. (I had one ask me, the day after I got home, so, can I come see the car? I told him the car gets airsick and can't fly. It has to take a boat to get here.)

And you wait.

Till, finally, finally, finally, it arrives.
This is perhaps the best summary of the ED experience I've ever read.
2006 E83 X3, Silver Grey/Black, ED 15 May 2006. (retired)
2005 E46 330i, Jet Black/Black (retired)
2002 E46 325i, Electric Red/Black (retired)
Old 01-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Driving 'en Plein Air'

Quote:
Originally Posted by iversonm View Post
+1

F33 435i M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Oyster/Black/Estoril | 441M 18" Wheels | Driver's Assistance | Premium | MDHP | M-Sport Brakes | MPPK for added weight | MPE to round it off

ED 2014: Click here to view ED report | ED 2008: Click here to view ED report | PCD Re-Delivery: Click here for PCD Report

Old 01-09-2008, 04:28 PM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by iversonm View Post
I left out the part where you get incredulous statements from completely ignorant people.

Then you get the sh!t teased out of you by loved ones (who should know better) that have finally found a gap (the other word was blocked) in the armor, and need to exploit it.

On the other hand, you do get admiring faces, and 'Oh, that is sooooo cool' from the cognicenti, and other people who can walk and chew gum at the same time (presuming the ground is level, of course).

It is incredibly worth it. It is a lifetime experience, not the least of which (in hindsight) is the sweet of the car and the bitter of the waiting. Add to that the actual experience of doing parts of Europe in an effing GREAT car, and I would do it again in heartbeat.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Exercising my patience

Mein Auto: Soon to be 335i Conv
Post #1 is darn near my own story! The only note is Irv is 400 miles away from my home and it is still worth it to work with Irv to have the knowledge and support he provides.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:12 PM

Mein Auto: '08 335i 'vert: soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake C View Post
I think this is Irv's new assistant.

- J

2006 A6 3.2L Quattro

2008 335i convertible, 6sp MT, Montego Blue/Saddle, ZSP, Bluetooth, iDrive, PDC
2007 335i Coupe, 6sp MT, Montego Blue/Beige, ZPP, iDrive, PDC
2006, 325 Arctic, Beige, ZPP, iDrive, Xenon, Steptronic - Totalled
Old 01-13-2008, 06:00 AM

Mein Auto: bmw
though I didn't buy from Irv, I can back up any claim that he's an awesome CA. I wasn't buying and he still answered my emails and gave me advice for the process. It's really rare to find someone like that these days. I guess in the end, his good deeds always pay off. He's got a strong client base and everyone here loves him. My a**hole CA, on the other hand, ignored all my emails after I wrote the check for the car. Although that's kind of typical, I'm still surprised by how short sighted some people can be.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:50 AM

Mein Auto: NA
Does Irv charge $1000 above ED invoice?
Old 01-16-2008, 08:28 AM

If I had a bad experience, I would post it. I guess this is more significant to me cause this was the first BMW CA that took me seriously, outlined it for me and actually returned my calls and emails in a timely manner.

And Kamdog hit the nail on the head, the wait is KILLER, but well worth it.

am ver - Jake C's post was in reference to status38's question. I'm not Irv assistant, Angela is.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Driving 'en Plein Air'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauyeung View Post
Does Irv charge $1000 above ED invoice?
You should contact Irv and ask him

Old 01-16-2008, 03:32 PM
2009 M3 E93 w/DCT

Mein Auto: 2009 M3 E93 w/DCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by status38 View Post
I'm looking into ED now and I sent Irv an email, however I was contacted by Angela. I am hoping this goes as smoothly as your transaction with Irv!
Here you go:

Angela Neuzil
Assistant to the Director of European Sales
(847) 304-3109 phone
(847) 304-0398 fax
aneuzil@motorwerks.com

2009 Alpine White M3 E93 - Black Novillo|DCT|ZTP|ZPP|752 Enh Audio|4UT|Heated Seats|6FL|6NF|
For jpg's: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186382&page=3
Traded: 2007 335i E93
Old 01-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Slow But Speeding...

Mein Auto: 09 and 11 e90's
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher5 View Post
am ver - Jake C's post was in reference to status38's question. I'm not Irv assistant, Angela is.
Yep that's what I thought. Spoke with Irv a few weeks before Christmas and he said they were in the process of possibly hiring 2 new assistants.

- J
Old 01-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Ready to roll!

Mein Auto: 2008 335i Coupe
Irv's the Man!

Like the many preceeding me, I have only great things to say about Irv. I even got to meet him at Oktoberfest in Ft. Worth. He is as genuine and sincere as anyone I've ever met. Lot's of great stories too! He does have two assistants now. I think they are both part time, so they share a desk and telephone number. Angela is correct, and I believe Edy is the other one (or something like that). You cannot go wrong buying through Irv. I've got my car ordered, and am now just waiting for June to roll around.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:51 PM

Mein Auto: ---
Me too. Got my car ordered through Irv - just waiting for june to roll around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2008 View Post
I've got my car ordered, and am now just waiting for June to roll around.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:07 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi Coupe
I agree, Irv is Awesome.

I ordered my e92 in April 2006, 4 days after the 07 e92 was announced, did my ED in October 06, redelivered 12/06. Traded it in in 9/07, ordered a MY08 e92, ED in 12/07, redelivered 01/08. Irv made everything run smoothly though both transactions. He's earned my future business.

12/04/2007 ED: 2008 e92 328xi Sparkling Graphite, Saddle Brown, Burl Walnut, Premium, Sport, Step, Nav, Comfort Access, Heated Seats, PDC, Ipod.

RETIRED: 10/19/06 ED: 2007 e92 328xi Space Grey, Cream Beige, Burl Walnut, Premium, Sport, Step, Nav, Comfort Access, Heated Seats
Old 01-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Ready to roll!

Mein Auto: 2008 335i Coupe
To Chaz58

When will you be in Munich?
Old 01-31-2008, 07:07 AM

Irv continues to deliver, I discovered that I didn't get my car sticker, once I notified him, he quickly ordered a new one and sent it to me ASAP. Thanks Irv! Continues to help after the sale is completed, top notch service.