Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251  
Old 06-06-2008, 02:34 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,847
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3ronnie View Post
Tom,
Check your email. I sent you an alternate addy.
Thanks.

Ronnie
Ronnie,

No email from you - I'm not sure what is wrong.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 06-06-2008, 02:48 PM
x3ronnie's Avatar
x3ronnie x3ronnie is offline
My Other Car Is A Bus
Location: Syracuse, N.Y.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,092
Mein Auto: 07 530Xi
Ok Tom,
I got your reply in my mail.
I am still unclear on one issue.

6. Pressing the up/down buttons on the STEERING WHEEL seems to always get a result, while a short press of the up/down buttons on the RADIO will often do nothing and a longer press will cause the audio to ff or rew.
The buttons on the radio are not responding as they should. Short press nothing, longer press ff or rew.


Your reply:

6. A short press will advance to next track, while holding down will FFD. The same will be for REW options.

This does not seem right. Also how to you stop the ff/rew and return to normal play?

Here's another one for the folks at DICE:
When I turn off the radio/HU the display stays lit up after the first press of the power/vol button and returns to the off display mode after the second press.

Finally (I know I said just 1 question)


4. How can I pause the audio? How to resume

No pause!? So when my bluetooth phone rings, and I'm listening to an audiobook I have to just let it play while I answer the call. Then try to rewind to where I left off? This seems very difficult as I enjoy listening to audiobooks in the car. I suppose I could change the position of the dip switches to unlock the ipod, but does the battery have to be disconnected when doing this? The manual seems to indicate that disconnecting the vehicle harness from the module and cycling off the ignition for 50 seconds will be sufficient when changing the switches. You have indicated that disconnecting the DICE is not a good thing.
Thanks again
Ronnie Greher
__________________
'07 530 Xi ,Auto, Gray, Black Leather, Premium, Cold Weather, Nav,Xenons,iPod,Sirius

'04 X3 2.5i gone
'07 X3 3.0si gone

Last edited by x3ronnie; 06-06-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 06-06-2008, 05:22 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,847
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3ronnie View Post
Ok Tom,
I got your reply in my mail.
I am still unclear on one issue.

6. Pressing the up/down buttons on the STEERING WHEEL seems to always get a result, while a short press of the up/down buttons on the RADIO will often do nothing and a longer press will cause the audio to ff or rew.
The buttons on the radio are not responding as they should. Short press nothing, longer press ff or rew.


Your reply:

6. A short press will advance to next track, while holding down will FFD. The same will be for REW options.

This does not seem right. Also how to you stop the ff/rew and return to normal play?
Pressing the << >> momentarily will swithc tracks. Press/Hold will activate FFD/RED of that particular track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3ronnie View Post
Here's another one for the folks at DICE:
When I turn off the radio/HU the display stays lit up after the first press of the power/vol button and returns to the off display mode after the second press.
I haven't heard of this issue and would have to see it in action to determine the cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3ronnie View Post
Finally (I know I said just 1 question)


4. How can I pause the audio? How to resume

No pause!? So when my bluetooth phone rings, and I'm listening to an audiobook I have to just let it play while I answer the call. Then try to rewind to where I left off? This seems very difficult as I enjoy listening to audiobooks in the car. I suppose I could change the position of the dip switches to unlock the ipod, but does the battery have to be disconnected when doing this? The manual seems to indicate that disconnecting the vehicle harness from the module and cycling off the ignition for 50 seconds will be sufficient when changing the switches. You have indicated that disconnecting the DICE is not a good thing.
Thanks again
Ronnie Greher
There is no pause feature in a CD Changer, the very device we are emulating.

The radio will mute the audio, but not pause when a call is in progress. When the phone call is complete - the audio will then resume at normal volume.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:35 PM
keithsimp keithsimp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Colorado
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 129
Mein Auto: 08 X3, Lexus 330
OK, so I got the new 'improved' Silverline unit from Dice today and hooked it up. It seems to work better and more consistently than the previous unit. Here are my remaining issues or maybe they are misunderstandings on my part:
1. I can change tracks (songs) now but after a track (song) finishes it repeats. It doesn't matter what mode (CDC1,CDC2,CDC3 or CDC4) I have it in. Is this normal or is it an operator error? How do you get the unit to proceed on it's own to the next track/song? The only way to change tracks/songs is by pressing the next/previous buttons.
2. I'm not sure if this is right either, but most of the time the display, on the radio. shows 'CDC1 TRK01 RND RND*' . If I press the R/T button on the steering wheel the display changes to 'TEL Song * Artist Send/End ' This is the only way I can get the Song, Artist, Playlist Album or whatever to display.
3. Cannot get RND*, random mode, to work. Manual says it works but nothing I try seems to work. Again I think this goes back to the fact that I have to manually switch tracks/songs by pressing the next/previous buttons.

So I'm really not sure if the new software is completely functioning like it's supposed to. I can get the unit to switch tracks/songs now without inadvertently dialing from BT, so that's a step forward. But having the change tracks/songs manually really sucks. I hope this is a user error or software issue and not the way the unit was intended to function.
I am using an iPod Touch (ver. 1.1.4) BTW.
Thanks for any help.
__________________
Keith

PCD 04-03-08 2008 X3 - Plat. Bronze, Tobacco, Premium, Heated front,
Heated Steering, Prem Sound, HD Radio, Xenon, Steptronic
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:59 PM
x3ronnie's Avatar
x3ronnie x3ronnie is offline
My Other Car Is A Bus
Location: Syracuse, N.Y.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,092
Mein Auto: 07 530Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsimp View Post
OK, so I got the new 'improved' Silverline unit from Dice today and hooked it up. It seems to work better and more consistently than the previous unit. Here are my remaining issues or maybe they are misunderstandings on my part:
1. I can change tracks (songs) now but after a track (song) finishes it repeats. It doesn't matter what mode (CDC1,CDC2,CDC3 or CDC4) I have it in. Is this normal or is it an operator error? How do you get the unit to proceed on it's own to the next track/song? The only way to change tracks/songs is by pressing the next/previous buttons.
2. I'm not sure if this is right either, but most of the time the display, on the radio. shows 'CDC1 TRK01 RND RND*' . If I press the R/T button on the steering wheel the display changes to 'TEL Song * Artist Send/End ' This is the only way I can get the Song, Artist, Playlist Album or whatever to display.
3. Cannot get RND*, random mode, to work. Manual says it works but nothing I try seems to work. Again I think this goes back to the fact that I have to manually switch tracks/songs by pressing the next/previous buttons.

So I'm really not sure if the new software is completely functioning like it's supposed to. I can get the unit to switch tracks/songs now without inadvertently dialing from BT, so that's a step forward. But having the change tracks/songs manually really sucks. I hope this is a user error or software issue and not the way the unit was intended to function.
I am using an iPod Touch (ver. 1.1.4) BTW.
Thanks for any help.
Keith,
how did you go about getting a replacement? Did you contact Dice directly? I am becoming increasingly frustrated with my Dice as it seems to function less and less. Text scrolling seems to have stopped. Now The display simply reads 'CDC TRK01' with the 'tel send and end' rounding out the display (as you describe). I'll have to try the R/T button on the wheel trick. Keep me posted on your progress.
Thanks
__________________
'07 530 Xi ,Auto, Gray, Black Leather, Premium, Cold Weather, Nav,Xenons,iPod,Sirius

'04 X3 2.5i gone
'07 X3 3.0si gone
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 06-06-2008, 07:27 PM
keithsimp keithsimp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Colorado
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 129
Mein Auto: 08 X3, Lexus 330
x3ronnie,
I had to go to the Dice website and register my unit, for warranty. I then had to open a problem ticket. Then you must describe your issues and check back every once and awhile to see if you get a response. They were actually pretty good about answering and resolving the ticket, but the key is you have to register your unit.
Dice told me that they knew of the issues I had described but at the time did not have a resolution to the problem. I then kept checking back with them. That along with monitoring another thread:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...151359&page=66

This alerted me that a fix was ready. I then asked if they had a solution to which they replied, yes they did. The tech person working my ticket sent me the info for returning my unit and getting a new one.
That's where I am today.
__________________
Keith

PCD 04-03-08 2008 X3 - Plat. Bronze, Tobacco, Premium, Heated front,
Heated Steering, Prem Sound, HD Radio, Xenon, Steptronic
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 06-06-2008, 07:51 PM
x3ronnie's Avatar
x3ronnie x3ronnie is offline
My Other Car Is A Bus
Location: Syracuse, N.Y.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,092
Mein Auto: 07 530Xi
Keith,
thanks for the info. I'm thinking it's just too much trouble, and I may revert back to the aux input. This thing just does not function well enough for me. I've had it for 2 days and it's been nothing but problems. I've disconnected my battery umpteen times, and seem to get a wide variety of results. Sometimes the text scrolls, sometimes the display locks up. Now it just shows TRK 01 and pressing any button changes the display momentarily before resuming TRK 01. I will try one more battery disconnect tomorrow and then I will say uncle. If I had more nerve, I might consider an aftermarket radio, with iPod and sat integration.
__________________
'07 530 Xi ,Auto, Gray, Black Leather, Premium, Cold Weather, Nav,Xenons,iPod,Sirius

'04 X3 2.5i gone
'07 X3 3.0si gone
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 06-06-2008, 08:02 PM
keithsimp keithsimp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Colorado
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 129
Mein Auto: 08 X3, Lexus 330
x3ronnie,
Well good luck with whatever you decide. I'm sure Tom and/or Dice will take care of you.
__________________
Keith

PCD 04-03-08 2008 X3 - Plat. Bronze, Tobacco, Premium, Heated front,
Heated Steering, Prem Sound, HD Radio, Xenon, Steptronic
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 06-07-2008, 01:26 PM
akgrown akgrown is offline
Registered User
Location: Kailua, HI
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: E46 M3
I have been searching the internet for hours and can't find what I'm looking for.

I received my DICE kit in the mail yesterday and was anxious to get it installed. I ordered the radio interface and it came with no installation instructions. I tried to wing it and, well, nothing is working.

Does anyone have a copy of the instructions for installation/set up? I have checked Dice's website as well as EAS's (where I ordered from) and haven't been successful in finding ANYTHING relating to installation of the radio interface.

At this point I'm extremely frustrated as I would expect some kind of tech support to be available, especially when installation instructions aren't included.

I'm confident I have it installed correctly, however, I'm not sure I did it in the right order and had the appropraite things disconnected etc. What I'm experiencing is when I plug the ipod in, it shows that it's charging, but all it says on the ipod screen is "okay to disconnect" and won't play music at all. I'm assuming this is because it's locked by the DICE as it's in DICE mode, however, I don't know if I have the switches in the right position, etc. Also, I don't have nav, so when I choose Disc 6 Track 1 to set up text output, it shows lettering, but only one letter as a time. If that makes sense. But there's no music playing through the speakers and no controls on the radio itself to control.

Anyway, I realize I should start from square one, but some kind of guide would help me tremendously as I'm about to throw this thing in the Pacific.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 06-08-2008, 05:18 AM
Screamin's Avatar
Screamin Screamin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto-ish
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 371
Mein Auto: X3, 330ci & 318ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamin View Post
All the dip switches are the same as when the unit was shipped. They are all in the off/up position.
I'm sure it's just my imagination or I'm being impatient or unduly demanding or something but I'm a little annoyed that I haven't gotten a response yet - for my questions in this thread OR my email to EAS.

I'm about ready to take the advice of the guy that said to unplug the unit and throw it out the F*****G window.
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 06-08-2008, 06:57 PM
bmw325 bmw325 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,293
Mein Auto: 335i
I have a 2008 x3 w/ rear seat heating, HD radio, and no sirius. Not sure if any of that is relevant, but...

I've found a few different installation manuals/videos on the net, but none of them depict an vehicle w/ the configuraiotn i have. I don't have an ashtry that in the back of the console that i can pop out so that I can unscrew the bolts that hold the console in, and I can't seem to find the CD changer cable by looking/fishing around underneat the stamped metal piece in the center console (after I pop out the plastic tub of course). Can Tom or anyone else help? Pics would be great (but only if it's an 08 I think...i seem to have way more cables in there than any other pics I've seen).
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 06-08-2008, 11:26 PM
x3ronnie's Avatar
x3ronnie x3ronnie is offline
My Other Car Is A Bus
Location: Syracuse, N.Y.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,092
Mein Auto: 07 530Xi
Try this thread. I was able to download the manual.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...llation+manual
__________________
'07 530 Xi ,Auto, Gray, Black Leather, Premium, Cold Weather, Nav,Xenons,iPod,Sirius

'04 X3 2.5i gone
'07 X3 3.0si gone
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 06-09-2008, 01:20 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,847
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by akgrown View Post
I have been searching the internet for hours and can't find what I'm looking for.

I received my DICE kit in the mail yesterday and was anxious to get it installed. I ordered the radio interface and it came with no installation instructions. I tried to wing it and, well, nothing is working.

Does anyone have a copy of the instructions for installation/set up? I have checked Dice's website as well as EAS's (where I ordered from) and haven't been successful in finding ANYTHING relating to installation of the radio interface.

At this point I'm extremely frustrated as I would expect some kind of tech support to be available, especially when installation instructions aren't included.

I'm confident I have it installed correctly, however, I'm not sure I did it in the right order and had the appropraite things disconnected etc. What I'm experiencing is when I plug the ipod in, it shows that it's charging, but all it says on the ipod screen is "okay to disconnect" and won't play music at all. I'm assuming this is because it's locked by the DICE as it's in DICE mode, however, I don't know if I have the switches in the right position, etc. Also, I don't have nav, so when I choose Disc 6 Track 1 to set up text output, it shows lettering, but only one letter as a time. If that makes sense. But there's no music playing through the speakers and no controls on the radio itself to control.

Anyway, I realize I should start from square one, but some kind of guide would help me tremendously as I'm about to throw this thing in the Pacific.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Sounds like 2 things happened:

1. The battery cables were not disconnected when installation was being performed.
2. The 10-pin connector behind the radio is upside-down. It needs to be with the green dot facing upward.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 06-09-2008, 01:29 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,847
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamin View Post
I'm sure it's just my imagination or I'm being impatient or unduly demanding or something but I'm a little annoyed that I haven't gotten a response yet - for my questions in this thread OR my email to EAS.

I'm about ready to take the advice of the guy that said to unplug the unit and throw it out the F*****G window.
There's no reason for that. if you feel there is a problem with your module, email me with your full name and I'll make arrangements to have your module tested for you.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 06-10-2008, 10:30 AM
x3ronnie's Avatar
x3ronnie x3ronnie is offline
My Other Car Is A Bus
Location: Syracuse, N.Y.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,092
Mein Auto: 07 530Xi
Tom,
I have been struggling with this thing and am not getting satisfactory results. I previously emailed some issues I was experiencing. Currently I am unable to resolve the following;

My display is showing "tel" on the left and "send end" on the right. Just like it would if I were using my bluetooth phone.
I know that you said DICE is aware of this, but thought I would mention it again.

Pressing the up/down buttons on the steering wheel seems to always get a result, while a short press of the up/down buttons on the radio will often do nothing and a longer press will cause the audio to ff or rew.
So you seem to have misunderstood me. The steering wheel buttons function correctly, while the buttons on the radio do not. Radio buttons, short press nothing, longer press ff/rew.

When I power off the radio, the display stays the same (song info, etc.) Pressing another button, like mode will return the radio display to a normal powered off state.

Once the display became stuck, and no button press could get it going. I pressed CD6 and then the display kept scrolling between the different firmware versions for the car, ipod, etc. I had to turn off the radio, disconnect the ipod, reboot the iPod, and then I got the display back.

While listening to an audiobook, the place where I left off is not remembered. Example: I am listening to a book, and switch to another music selection or power the radio off. When I return to the book, it starts where it did the previous time, and not where it stopped as expected. Now I have to search for the part where I left off. To make matters worse, even the iPod does not 'remember' where the book left off.

When the ignition is turned off, the scrolling stops. I have performed a battery reset several times, but the scrolling text seems to quit after turning the car off. This is unacceptable! I can try to work with these other issues, but without scrolling, I can simply use the aux input that came pre installed in the car.

I do not want to have to constantly disconnect the battery and see how long it will function for. I am willing to give this thing one more shot, and then I officially give up.
__________________
'07 530 Xi ,Auto, Gray, Black Leather, Premium, Cold Weather, Nav,Xenons,iPod,Sirius

'04 X3 2.5i gone
'07 X3 3.0si gone
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 06-10-2008, 05:41 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,847
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3ronnie View Post
Tom,
I have been struggling with this thing and am not getting satisfactory results. I previously emailed some issues I was experiencing. Currently I am unable to resolve the following;

My display is showing "tel" on the left and "send end" on the right. Just like it would if I were using my bluetooth phone.
I know that you said DICE is aware of this, but thought I would mention it again.

Pressing the up/down buttons on the steering wheel seems to always get a result, while a short press of the up/down buttons on the radio will often do nothing and a longer press will cause the audio to ff or rew.
So you seem to have misunderstood me. The steering wheel buttons function correctly, while the buttons on the radio do not. Radio buttons, short press nothing, longer press ff/rew.

When I power off the radio, the display stays the same (song info, etc.) Pressing another button, like mode will return the radio display to a normal powered off state.

Once the display became stuck, and no button press could get it going. I pressed CD6 and then the display kept scrolling between the different firmware versions for the car, ipod, etc. I had to turn off the radio, disconnect the ipod, reboot the iPod, and then I got the display back.

While listening to an audiobook, the place where I left off is not remembered. Example: I am listening to a book, and switch to another music selection or power the radio off. When I return to the book, it starts where it did the previous time, and not where it stopped as expected. Now I have to search for the part where I left off. To make matters worse, even the iPod does not 'remember' where the book left off.

When the ignition is turned off, the scrolling stops. I have performed a battery reset several times, but the scrolling text seems to quit after turning the car off. This is unacceptable! I can try to work with these other issues, but without scrolling, I can simply use the aux input that came pre installed in the car.

I do not want to have to constantly disconnect the battery and see how long it will function for. I am willing to give this thing one more shot, and then I officially give up.
The DICE kit was engineered more for the music side - it will not remember places in audiobooks.

Can you read me the numbers from the bottom of your module?
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 06-10-2008, 06:07 PM
x3ronnie's Avatar
x3ronnie x3ronnie is offline
My Other Car Is A Bus
Location: Syracuse, N.Y.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,092
Mein Auto: 07 530Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
The DICE kit was engineered more for the music side - it will not remember places in audiobooks.

Can you read me the numbers from the bottom of your module?
A00081-0606 under the barcode. DL0308 top right (the box it was shipped in says DL0108). I opened a trouble ticket with DICE earlier today, and am awaiting a response from them.
__________________
'07 530 Xi ,Auto, Gray, Black Leather, Premium, Cold Weather, Nav,Xenons,iPod,Sirius

'04 X3 2.5i gone
'07 X3 3.0si gone
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 06-11-2008, 12:42 AM
noricssunny noricssunny is offline
Registered User
Location: Irvine, CA USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: BMW 328 Ci
Dice

Hi All,

I searched everywhere to find an answer to the issue that came up with my DICE/iPod in my BMW 3 series,.
Any advice would be appreciated, because it's really getting old listening to the radio...

The problem is: my iPod usually starts to initialize after I connect it but a few days ago it stopped doing that, and I just get a "No CD" message when I press the CD button, which used to start the pod...
I am thinking it could be a fuse, not the whole DICE box, cause a few hours after I had first noticed this problem the radio, the dashboard lights and alarm were gone too and I had a - DISABLED - message on the radio display - (since then fixed, but not the iPod part)

I am wondering if anyone could give me some advice where to take it and if anyone seen anything like this.

Thank you,

N.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 06-11-2008, 08:46 AM
x3ronnie's Avatar
x3ronnie x3ronnie is offline
My Other Car Is A Bus
Location: Syracuse, N.Y.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,092
Mein Auto: 07 530Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3ronnie View Post
A00081-0606 under the barcode. DL0308 top right (the box it was shipped in says DL0108). I opened a trouble ticket with DICE earlier today, and am awaiting a response from them.
Tom,
I got a response from DICE on my trouble ticket.

Manuel- Hello, if you can give me call, at 888-DICE-999 Ext.126, while at the vehicel, mabey we can go through some trouble shooting together. You will need access to the module. Thank you and have a nice day.

Unfortunately I don't have my car until this evening. Any thoughts from you?
__________________
'07 530 Xi ,Auto, Gray, Black Leather, Premium, Cold Weather, Nav,Xenons,iPod,Sirius

'04 X3 2.5i gone
'07 X3 3.0si gone
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 06-11-2008, 10:10 AM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,847
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3ronnie View Post
Tom,
I got a response from DICE on my trouble ticket.

Manuel- Hello, if you can give me call, at 888-DICE-999 Ext.126, while at the vehicel, mabey we can go through some trouble shooting together. You will need access to the module. Thank you and have a nice day.

Unfortunately I don't have my car until this evening. Any thoughts from you?
Without being at the vehicle in real-time, no.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old 06-16-2008, 12:43 PM
x3ronnie's Avatar
x3ronnie x3ronnie is offline
My Other Car Is A Bus
Location: Syracuse, N.Y.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,092
Mein Auto: 07 530Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3ronnie View Post
Tom,
I got a response from DICE on my trouble ticket.

Manuel- Hello, if you can give me call, at 888-DICE-999 Ext.126, while at the vehicel, mabey we can go through some trouble shooting together. You will need access to the module. Thank you and have a nice day.

Unfortunately I don't have my car until this evening. Any thoughts from you?
Well I spoke to a tech at DICE and after much troubleshooting on the phone, they have decided to swap out my module. I can only hope that this will minimize the problems I'm having. The scrolling was working well, key cycle after key cycle for a while. Then it just stopped AGAIN. So now wait for email instructions to exchange the module. Sigh...
__________________
'07 530 Xi ,Auto, Gray, Black Leather, Premium, Cold Weather, Nav,Xenons,iPod,Sirius

'04 X3 2.5i gone
'07 X3 3.0si gone
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 06-16-2008, 07:20 PM
jcosmide jcosmide is offline
Registered User
Location: South Jersey
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: '00 528i
I'm a bit confused about the different modes of the DICE kit ie. control on the iPod versus control through the radio interface.

I want to be able to control the iPod on the iPod itself. Would I still be able to use my steering wheel controls for next and previous track?

Direction to any more info about the radio interface versus ipod interface would be great, I d/led the manual from DICE and this wasn't really mentioned.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 06-16-2008, 07:24 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,847
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcosmide View Post
I'm a bit confused about the different modes of the DICE kit ie. control on the iPod versus control through the radio interface.

I want to be able to control the iPod on the iPod itself. Would I still be able to use my steering wheel controls for next and previous track?

Direction to any more info about the radio interface versus ipod interface would be great, I d/led the manual from DICE and this wasn't really mentioned.
You would need to choose Simple iPod mode. This disabled all text display but allows the iPod to remain unlocked for browsing via the clickwheel.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 06-16-2008, 07:29 PM
jcosmide jcosmide is offline
Registered User
Location: South Jersey
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: '00 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
You would need to choose Simple iPod mode. This disabled all text display but allows the iPod to remain unlocked for browsing via the clickwheel.

Would I still be able to use the steering wheel controls in Simple iPod mode?

The way I understand, it's either unlocked ipod and no text or text and locked ipod. Correct?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 06-16-2008, 07:29 PM
tom @ eas's Avatar
tom @ eas tom @ eas is offline
european auto source
Location: SoCal, CA
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,847
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcosmide View Post
Would I still be able to use the steering wheel controls in Simple iPod mode?

The way I understand, it's either unlocked ipod and no text or text and locked ipod. Correct?

Thanks.
Correct on both counts.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms