Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > The MINI Board

The MINI Board
The Mini Cooper Forum

Old 01-09-2008, 12:13 PM
drives a Sawd-Off Shotgun

Mein Auto: '08 SGM 135i
Talking Track Drivin - learn how

www.minidriving.com
It's the Phil Wicks Mini Cooper Driving Academy
Check out Phil's schedule, you may want to attend if he's in your area.

The Academy is very intense but tons 'O fun...quite a bit of seat time also.

I'll never be a formula 1 racer, but I now can carve a descent curve or 2.
Got a few bucks off my car insurance for attending the Safe Driver School.
It's Grins!

135i/SGM/Terra/Sport Pac/H&R Sport Springs & Sways/Security/7-29-08 ED/9/30/08 PDC
Ads by Google
Old 01-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Seems any BMWCCA driving course could accomplish the same thing.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguydotcom View Post
Seems any BMWCCA driving course could accomplish the same thing.
Sure could, you're right...only thing is BMWCCA usually books solid instantly and isn't MINI specific. It's a front wheel drive thing.

BTW, did you know Phil Wicks drove one of the Classic Minis in the original Italian Job movie? I've enjoyed working with him & his instructors.

135i/SGM/Terra/Sport Pac/H&R Sport Springs & Sways/Security/7-29-08 ED/9/30/08 PDC
Old 01-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by One&Only View Post
Sure could, you're right...only thing is BMWCCA usually books solid instantly and isn't MINI specific. It's a front wheel drive thing.

BTW, did you know Phil Wicks drove one of the Classic Minis in the original Italian Job movie? I've enjoyed working with him & his instructors.
I guess I'm missing why a Mini-specific school would be fun. I've done BMWCCA schools with my ZHP and I've seen of peeps running Minis 'round tracks.

Didn't know the Italian Job thing but I'm not what you would call a fan of remakes or Marky Mark.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguydotcom View Post
I guess I'm missing why a Mini-specific school would be fun. I've done BMWCCA schools with my ZHP and I've seen of peeps running Minis 'round tracks.

Didn't know the Italian Job thing but I'm not what you would call a fan of remakes or Marky Mark.
MINI specific is way fun cause I'm there whizzing with all my friends who drive them...and that's about all!
Guess you could say my peeps make it funner for me.

Not talking about the remake...I'm talking about the original movie made back in the day. The Original movie had 3 classic Mini's in it...You must be really young....not to have even heard of the original Italian Job.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Not Wearing Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by One&Only View Post
MINI specific is way fun cause I'm there whizzing with all my friends who drive them...and that's about all!
Guess you could say my peeps make it funner for me.

Not talking about the remake...I'm talking about the original movie made back in the day. The Original movie had 3 classic Mini's in it...You must be really young....not to have even heard of the original Italian Job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdc
In other words, I know the original film and assumed you were talking about the remake with Marky Mark. I've seen over 5k movies, including the original and remake of The Italian Job. I don't recall anything impressive about the driving in either film. The Mini chase in the first (and only cinematic version worth watching) installment of The Bourne Identity still stands as the best I've seen ever. But that film had a great director who could use a handheld, even within a car, like a pro.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:40 AM

LOL...I don't think any of the driving in either movies was that wonderful either.

Sounds like you like great chase scene movies....me too!
About a year ago I started building a collection of "car" movies...you probably could name every one in my collection in a minute.

Ronin is one of my faves...i get it out on a regular basis for an adrenaline rush or 2.

What's your most loved movie in that area.

I just collected "Rendezvous"...you know the 10 min Ferrari footage through the streets of Paris. It was an appropriate addition I thought.