Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-12-2008, 05:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 330I
Problem with fail safe mode

Hey guys im a noob to BMW's and this site. I just bought my 2006 330i a couple of months ago and now im having some issues. I live an hour and a half from the nearest bmw dealer so i was wondering if you can help. I was reseting my tire pressure monitor and then all my service lights came on....this could be by coincidence but i toggled to the check control and when i go through each icon of service lights it comes up with cc-id35, 24, 354, and 29. What does this eman? Also the engine icon on the cluster screen comes up with an engine that is half lit up, like half empty (i dont know how to explain otherwise). The vehicle went to fail safe mode so i cannot travel faster the 20km/hour. The tow bill will be really expensive is there anything i can do? The dealer advised that due to the cold temperatures that were just experienced it could be a frozen throttle. If this is the case and it is now just above freezing during the day can i disconnect the battery to reset the comp? If yes how do i go about this (having troubles finding battery)
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Welcome to the 'fest! I'm new as well so can't help much, but the battery is in the trunk on the right side under the panel. I'm sure that by tomorrow morning, others with much more knowledge than me will be able to help further.

I got my '06 330i last November and couldn't be happier!

Good luck!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_tech
Mein Auto: rickshaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by cor04022 View Post
Hey guys im a noob to BMW's and this site. I just bought my 2006 330i a couple of months ago and now im having some issues. I live an hour and a half from the nearest bmw dealer so i was wondering if you can help. I was reseting my tire pressure monitor and then all my service lights came on....this could be by coincidence but i toggled to the check control and when i go through each icon of service lights it comes up with cc-id35, 24, 354, and 29. What does this eman? Also the engine icon on the cluster screen comes up with an engine that is half lit up, like half empty (i dont know how to explain otherwise). The vehicle went to fail safe mode so i cannot travel faster the 20km/hour. The tow bill will be really expensive is there anything i can do? The dealer advised that due to the cold temperatures that were just experienced it could be a frozen throttle. If this is the case and it is now just above freezing during the day can i disconnect the battery to reset the comp? If yes how do i go about this (having troubles finding battery)
24 is DBC failure! Drive with care message.There is a problem reported by the DSC control unit.DBC failure.No additional brake support from DBC when emergency braking.Drive with care.Have the problem checked by BMW Service as soon as possible.

29 is Engine fault! Reduced power. Engine malfunction
Full engine output no longer available. Drive with care. Have the problem checked by the nearest BMW Service.This is the icon you are describing.

35 is DSC failure.

354 is Pulling-away assistant inactive! Also a function of DSC.

Right rear area of the trunk,turn the knob and pull the panel down and you will see the battery.Disconnect the cables for up to 15 minutes.If you have a jumper cable,bridge the 2battery cables together in order to bleed all the power down.Keep in mind you dont want to do this anywhere near the battery because if you slip,it will spark.Otherwise just disconnect the negative and wait it out.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:44 PM

now will it be a problem to reset the computer by disconnecting the battery. If it does reset the computer and the fail safe mode does not come on and i drive it will my bmw warranty be rejected cuz i "tampered" with the vehicle and drove it another 100kms to them? Should i play it safe and just tow the car to the dealer?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_tech
Mein Auto: rickshaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by cor04022 View Post
now will it be a problem to reset the computer by disconnecting the battery. If it does reset the computer and the fail safe mode does not come on and i drive it will my bmw warranty be rejected cuz i "tampered" with the vehicle and drove it another 100kms to them? Should i play it safe and just tow the car to the dealer?
You have warranty and you are worried about towing costs? BMW doesn't cover that??? It is important that you get the vehicle in for Service just like the message says.Erroneous or not,why take the risk???
Old 02-12-2008, 10:44 PM

Thank you so much, probably saved my ride. Im an idiot haha

Last edited by cor04022; 02-12-2008 at 11:25 PM.