Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 10-11-2012, 02:48 PM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,171
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Exclamation Astonishing Price on Super Premium Stogs!

Gurkha remains my favorite Puro. Although I keep a variety in my humidor, I find the overall variety, flavor, wrapper and smoking experience from Gurkha to be my favorite. When I come across a "exceptional deal" I restock if necessary. And although I am not in need, I am ordering this ridiculous special going on at CI: Cigars International



Gurkha Total Carnage Sampler No. 2, 12 super-premiums only $29.99
six amazing blends - 91% discount (MSRP: $322)


And I ONLY smoke at least 50 gauge stogs. As you can see, no wimpy cigars in this bunch!

Quote:
Gurkha Total Carnage Sampler No. 2 includes 12 cigars:
2 - Gurkha Titan (6.2" x 56)
2 - Gurkha Beast (6.5" x 58)
2 - Gurkha Centurian (6" x 60)
2 - Gurkha Widow Maker XO Maduro (6" x 60)
2 - Gurkha Ancient Warrior Presidente (8.5" x 52)
2 - Gurkha Black Dragon Fury Gran Torpedo (7" x 56)

rom all we've written about Gurkha over the years, you might swear they're made with 40% awesomeness, 40% rhodium, 15% magic, and 5% cute baby seal. And if you asked Gurkha's creator, Kaizad Hansotia, he might tell you that's not far from the truth. I'm here to tell you each high-end Gurkha blend employs some of the world's finest, aged tobaccos skillfully blended to produce an unrivaled combination of flavor and quality. The Total Carnage puts this truth to the test, showcasing Gurkha's finest creations. Beast, Centurian, Titan, and so much more.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Missmodena310's Avatar
Missmodena310 Missmodena310 is offline
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*
Location: Space
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,275
Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
My husband loves cigars! I miss the smell of them
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Ryan...'s Avatar
Ryan... Ryan... is offline
Please, call me Brian.
Location: Madison WI
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,518
Mein Auto: 1998 323is
I've smoked about 4 cigars in my entire life, but I just bought a cheap 6 pack from that site to try out

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...UASST5&cat=215
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Frank Rizzo's Avatar
Frank Rizzo Frank Rizzo is offline
trailingthrottleoversteer
Location: via Mulholland
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,291
Mein Auto: CLK 550
M: that deal ^ looks too good to be true! Let me know how it goes!

Just got a 25 of Padron 1964's. Smoking one now (with a scotch).
__________________

If we all threw our problems into a pile and saw everyone else's - we'd grab ours back.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Frank Rizzo's Avatar
Frank Rizzo Frank Rizzo is offline
trailingthrottleoversteer
Location: via Mulholland
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,291
Mein Auto: CLK 550
Ok, can't pass up.

Ordered!




.
__________________

If we all threw our problems into a pile and saw everyone else's - we'd grab ours back.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-11-2012, 06:37 PM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,171
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
Ok, can't pass up.

Ordered!




.
Haha... My man! How's it going? Ahhh a good stogie and scotch. #chillaxing

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-11-2012, 06:40 PM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,171
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
I've smoked about 4 cigars in my entire life, but I just bought a cheap 6 pack from that site to try out

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...UASST5&cat=215
Nice choice Ryan! I've been ordering from these guys for years... They offer the best prices, variety, on cigars and accessories on the web.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Ryan...'s Avatar
Ryan... Ryan... is offline
Please, call me Brian.
Location: Madison WI
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,518
Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Nice choice Ryan! I've been ordering from these guys for years... They offer the best prices, variety, on cigars and accessories on the web.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Thanks! Any tips on how I can keep them fresh in the meantime? Would a small air tight tupperware work, or should I invest in a legit humidor?
__________________

Last edited by Ryan...; 10-11-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-12-2012, 04:23 AM
Gryphon's Avatar
Gryphon Gryphon is online now
I brew life
Location: Mt. Holly, NJ
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,589
Mein Auto: 2005 ZHP, Wife's Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
M: that deal ^ looks too good to be true! Let me know how it goes!

Just got a 25 of Padron 1964's. Smoking one now (with a scotch).
Got a box of '64 Diplomaticos Maduro, I'd say is the 1964 series is my favorite all around smoke, the '29s are too much power not enough flavor.

I just fired up a Ashton VSG Illusion last night with the fireplace with some Woodford Reserve bourbon.
__________________
Arthur John
Born 02-24-11

Has already been awarded the title "Destroyer of Sleep"
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Frank Rizzo's Avatar
Frank Rizzo Frank Rizzo is offline
trailingthrottleoversteer
Location: via Mulholland
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,291
Mein Auto: CLK 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
Thanks! Any tips on how I can keep them fresh in the meantime? Would a small air tight tupperware work, or should I invest in a legit humidor?
Ryan
Score a Drystat humidifier tube. It works great in a ziplock bag for just a few smokes. I use them a lot when traveling. If they dry out, they will be very difficult to resurrect.

http://www.amazon.com/Drymistat-870M...ds=humiditubes


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
Got a box of '64 Diplomaticos Maduro, I'd say is the 1964 series is my favorite all around smoke, the '29s are too much power not enough flavor.
Agreed somewhat. I'd take a '29 over a 2000 or 3000 series, maybe a toss up compared to some 6000 series - but I cant dis any Padron smoke. I've never had a bad one.
__________________

If we all threw our problems into a pile and saw everyone else's - we'd grab ours back.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Ryan...'s Avatar
Ryan... Ryan... is offline
Please, call me Brian.
Location: Madison WI
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,518
Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
Ryan
Score a Drystat humidifier tube. It works great in a ziplock bag for just a few smokes. I use them a lot when traveling. If they dry out, they will be very difficult to resurrect.

http://www.amazon.com/Drymistat-870M...ds=humiditubes
Thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-13-2012, 11:43 AM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,171
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
Thanks! Any tips on how I can keep them fresh in the meantime? Would a small air tight tupperware work, or should I invest in a legit humidor?
Absolutely. I get this question a lot:

First... Humidors are very reasonable priced. $25+ I recommend at least $100 though.
In the meantime... A large 3"x10" (example) tupperwear with a small container/bowl of distilled water works well! Even a large Ziplock bag with a small element of distilled water can hold you over for months.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Ryan...'s Avatar
Ryan... Ryan... is offline
Please, call me Brian.
Location: Madison WI
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,518
Mein Auto: 1998 323is
I was kinda looking at something like this for a semi-permanent solution: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...UMTR15M&cat=10

I still dont know if I'll make a habit of cigars, so rather than dropping $100+ on a large one I'd prefer a simple option for now (box or even ziplocs would suffice for now). Question is, what exactly goes in those small black humidifiers in the boxes? Are there replacement bags or refills for them?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-13-2012, 02:24 PM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,171
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
I was kinda looking at something like this for a semi-permanent solution: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...UMTR15M&cat=10

I still dont know if I'll make a habit of cigars, so rather than dropping $100+ on a large one I'd prefer a simple option for now (box or even ziplocs would suffice for now). Question is, what exactly goes in those small black humidifiers in the boxes? Are there replacement bags or refills for them?
I think that's a nice inexpensive solution. Definitely more sightly than ziplock.

The humidifier 'elements' can be different: dense sponge like or gel. It's a means to keep the water/humidity from evaporating too quickly.

~ Big Marcus
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:50 AM
Ryan...'s Avatar
Ryan... Ryan... is offline
Please, call me Brian.
Location: Madison WI
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,518
Mein Auto: 1998 323is
I found that same on locally on CL for $10 obo, gonna go grab it sometime today
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-14-2012, 08:12 AM
Gryphon's Avatar
Gryphon Gryphon is online now
I brew life
Location: Mt. Holly, NJ
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,589
Mein Auto: 2005 ZHP, Wife's Prius
You could go for the Road Warrior which is actually intended as a travel humidor. It's essentially a ABS case with humidification and storage for 10-15 sticks. You could also look online for a 25ct humidor from IDC which you can get for about $25-35. It's a good starter box with about .25" Spanish cedar and quadrant hinges. It's got a veneer facade but it's perfectly serviceable.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App
__________________
Arthur John
Born 02-24-11

Has already been awarded the title "Destroyer of Sleep"
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Frank Rizzo's Avatar
Frank Rizzo Frank Rizzo is offline
trailingthrottleoversteer
Location: via Mulholland
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,291
Mein Auto: CLK 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
I found that same on locally on CL for $10 obo, gonna go grab it sometime today
If you get that box and add a drystat tube above, you will have a pretty good solution.. Most humidifier elements that come with boxes like that are garbage. The drystat tube is pretty good at keeping the sticks at 70%.

Ive gotten a few humidors from cheaphumidors.com. I even bid on a few and they accepted my lower price.

My best box is calibrated with a Boveda calibration kit and a digital hygo meter. And I use a cigar oasis XL (great humidifier). http://cigaroasis.com.
__________________

If we all threw our problems into a pile and saw everyone else's - we'd grab ours back.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Ryan...'s Avatar
Ryan... Ryan... is offline
Please, call me Brian.
Location: Madison WI
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,518
Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Got everything for $26! I'll be looking to get one of those drystat tubes as the little black humidity thing that came with the box looks pretty old. I wiped it down with a damp sponge soaked in distilled water to get the wood a bit more damp, and the sponge is currently in the box sitting on a zip-loc to get the humidity up to the proper levels


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-18-2012, 10:24 PM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,171
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
Got everything for $26! I'll be looking to get one of those drystat tubes as the little black humidity thing that came with the box looks pretty old. I wiped it down with a damp sponge soaked in distilled water to get the wood a bit more damp, and the sponge is currently in the box sitting on a zip-loc to get the humidity up to the proper levels


SUHWEET!

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-23-2012, 07:54 PM
Frank Rizzo's Avatar
Frank Rizzo Frank Rizzo is offline
trailingthrottleoversteer
Location: via Mulholland
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,291
Mein Auto: CLK 550
M

Got the sampler last week, but it arrived while I was in Miami hence the delayed review... These are some big sticks! Only tried the Naurtal torpedo so far and it was fantastic and a great deal.

Thanks for the great tip.
Maybe some day I'll teach you how to cook ribs on a real BBQ

Whilst in Miami I picked up some (a box of 25) of my Fave 1964 because they are 40% cheaper than the Peoples Republic of California thanks to the taxes. And...my sister sent some Davidoff's for my birthday - so Im set for a couple of weeks!!!

puff puff.
__________________

If we all threw our problems into a pile and saw everyone else's - we'd grab ours back.

Last edited by Frank Rizzo; 10-23-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-23-2012, 08:38 PM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,171
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
M

Got the sampler last week, but it arrived while I was in Miami hence the delayed review... These are some big sticks! Only tried the Naurtal torpedo so far and it was fantastic and a great deal.

Thanks for the great tip.
Maybe some day I'll teach you how to cook ribs on a real BBQ

Whilst in Miami I picked up some (a box of 25) of my Fave 1964 because they are 40% cheaper than the Peoples Republic of California thanks to the taxes. And...my sister sent some Davidoff's for my birthday - so Im set for a couple of weeks!!!

puff puff.
NICE!!!! That's some serious puffing for sure. Lol! Tell Mr more about those 1964s?

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 AM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,171
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Pleasant evening indeed...

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1357840360320.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	356958   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1357840436551.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	356959  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-16-2013, 10:09 PM
cmac2012's Avatar
cmac2012 cmac2012 is offline
Renaissance Dude
Location: Berkeley, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,698
Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. The Edge View Post
didn't the cigar fad end about 10 years ago?

next up: pipes make a comeback!
Fad? People been smoking cigars a whole lot longer than you been sucking air and will continue.

I'm a lightweight, low budget cigar smoker. Serious smokers would sneer at me but no worries. I like the small White Owl units, the Swisher Sweet size. 2 a day on average, about a buck and a half a day, economical and, I hope, minimal exposure to the downside of terbaccy.

I'm going to be in Todos Santos, Baja, just north of Cabo, for a week at the end of the month. Anyone know if there are any scores to be had in Mexico? I suspect anything labeled Cuban would be counterfeit.
__________________
cmac

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. anon

Last edited by cmac2012; 01-16-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-17-2013, 06:57 AM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,171
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
^^Haha exactly! That comment was so absurd it didn't require a reply.
I guess dancing or sports is a "fad" as well lmao!
Speaking of... If any of you have never heard of or tried ACID by Drew Estate, they are very unique, tasty and aromatic!
They let the leaves and wrapper cure with the oils of various herbs.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Gryphon's Avatar
Gryphon Gryphon is online now
I brew life
Location: Mt. Holly, NJ
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,589
Mein Auto: 2005 ZHP, Wife's Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
^^Haha exactly! That comment was so absurd it didn't require a reply.
I guess dancing or sports is a "fad" as well lmao!
Speaking of... If any of you have never heard of or tried ACID by Drew Estate, they are very unique, tasty and aromatic!
They let the leaves and wrapper cure with the oils of various herbs.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
I used to smoke the Kuba Kubas for a bit, but I gravitate to the non-infused/flavored sticks by my preference.
__________________
Arthur John
Born 02-24-11

Has already been awarded the title "Destroyer of Sleep"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms