Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2008: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2008: Santa Barbara, CA
May 3rd has come and gone. Read stories, check out the pics and more from the largest BMW gathering in the land...

Old 03-03-2008, 01:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 E60
Tons of questions

Hey Everyone,

I am new to Bimmerfest. I would like to go to Bimmerfest 2008. Do you have to have a BMW to get in, or can you just walk in? Will there be cars for sale as well as on display? I'm planning on driving up Friday night and getting there first thing Saturday morning. ANY help and/or advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Jim
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Mein Auto: Black 1995 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboSoCal57 View Post
Hey Everyone,

I am new to Bimmerfest. I would like to go to Bimmerfest 2008. Do you have to have a BMW to get in, or can you just walk in? Will there be cars for sale as well as on display? I'm planning on driving up Friday night and getting there first thing Saturday morning. ANY help and/or advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Jim

Well Jimbo, if it's anything like last year and you get there early enough with a non BMW, I believe you can still park to the left as you enter, assuming they aren't using that for BMW's now that it's gotten so big.
OR you could do like you say and just walk in, but parking could be a ways away, meaning a couple blocks.

I see your from Laguna Niguel hah, my Wife & I are driving down to your neck of the woods this Thursday for a few days, we're staying at the St. Regis, WOO HOO, I/we can't wait for some time away.
On another note, any casual yummy food places we shouldn't miss out on?
Nothing fancy, meaning no dressing up, just a some good 'ol fashion good eatin' places.

See ya at the Fest, it's gonna be a good time!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:52 AM

Thanks, Keith for getting back to me.
No I am really looking forward to the show!! My wife thinks I might come back with a car!! Let's hope! (I'd rather be driving one up there, but that probably won't happen). Are there any cars for sale at the show?

St. Regis? Must be nice!! Salt Creek Grille (www.saltcreekgrille.com) is a nice place nearby. It's on the corner of PCH and Crown Valley Parkway. If you like seafood, I would try the Wind and Sea in Dana Point harbor. The BEST pizza place is Stuft Pizza. I'm sure the hotel can give you directions.

Any thing else I can help you with on your trip, please let me know.

Jim
Old 03-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Mein Auto: Black 1995 540i
Quote:
Thanks, Keith for getting back to me.
No I am really looking forward to the show!! My wife thinks I might come back with a car!! Let's hope! (I'd rather be driving one up there, but that probably won't happen). Are there any cars for sale at the show?
Yep, I've seen a few for sale there, ya neva know!

Quote:
St. Regis? Must be nice!!
Ah, Jimbo, I can only stay because of my Starwood card getting me a rate of $150 a night by using some points, otherwise this wouldn't be happening.

Quote:
Salt Creek Grille (www.saltcreekgrille.com) is a nice place nearby. It's on the corner of PCH and Crown Valley Parkway. If you like seafood, I would try the Wind and Sea in Dana Point harbor. The BEST pizza place is Stuft Pizza. I'm sure the hotel can give you directions.
I wrote all those places down.
My niece metioned a really good Mexican restaraunt nearby, any ideas where/what she's talking about, she couldn't remember the name?

Quote:
Anything else I can help you with on your trip, please let me know. Jim

Thanks for the info Jim, I'll let you know if there's anything else.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:11 PM

Keith,

Yes, I would recommend Olamendi's. The decor is funky, but the food is great!! It is at 34660 Pacific Coast Hwy, Capistrano Beach, CA.

Jim