Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 04-22-2003, 11:10 AM
Equine 1/4 miler ancestor

Mein Auto: 2001 M Roadster, 1998 M3
2 amp HK stereo wire map, 2000 onward

Has anyone partially or fully mapped out the wire/ pin usage on the post 9/99 build Harmon Kardon dual amp system into the HK amp and from the HK amp to the subwoofer amp?

I'm especially interested in the map for the regular amp to subamp cable for the Sunfire (which I assume is the same as the original HK sub amp cable).

"DWM" on Roadfly did have a partial map, but I have not been able to locate him or his plug map.
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2003, 11:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 98 M Roadster
I've been following the trials and tribulations of retrofitting a sunfire amp and one question I noticed is never asked is the following:

Does the cable between the primary and subwoofer amp have a part number? If it does, can't we just order it and hack it up to work with some sort of pre-amp out?
Old 04-25-2003, 09:53 PM
Equine 1/4 miler ancestor

Mein Auto: 2001 M Roadster, 1998 M3
No one has hacked it for that purpose yet. DWM posted a partially hacked set of pinouts, but his site and email are no longer in service. I did manage to snatch the initial hacking.

From his site (DWM, I'd ask your permission if I could find you...): attached as a PDF inside a zip file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ampconnectors.zip (8.6 KB, 282 views)