Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to allaboutdaz Send a message via Yahoo to allaboutdaz
Mein Auto: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by painisluv View Post
Okay I have narrowed my problem down to the NAV system. I noticed this morning that the DVD Nav in my trunk will not shutdown when the car is off and the key is removed. This also makes my control panel stay on sometimes. I think now that the NAV is not shutting down has caused my last car battery to completely go dead. I removed the 10Amp fuse to the NAV (CDC,on-board display panel) in the trunk and now everything shuts down normally. But...now I can't get any sound from any other function and the radio has no programmed stations and the CD and CDC are greyed out. Tried voice command and it doesn't work either with the fuse removed.
what was the solution to this issue?
SuperDuty F350
Suzuki GSXR 1000
Old 11-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: N/A
SO did anyone figure out a solution or are we gonna sit here and complain?
I say we all team up find a good electronic repair shop (location is wtv) maybe they can give a good deal if we can send 10 amps to them to fix. i am pretty sure the amp is the majority cause of the problems and from my research it cost cheaper to fix it rather to replace it. and if we can do a group type of deal with a shot it will cost us much less.
so let me know if you down and this way we can all get what we want. just my 2 cent
Old 03-27-2010, 06:20 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 745li
radio oblemspr

Hi I know this is a old post but did you resolve your radio issue I'm in san diego and I'm having a hard time resolving the issue.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: 745li
adam745 what part of brooklyn r u from?
Old 04-03-2010, 10:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 750LI
Radio & Amp

I feel what most of you are saying about the radio and amp. I bought a 2004 745li and fell madly in love with it. This is my 7th BMW. The car drives amazing and the sound system was excellent when I bought it. Shortly after having it for a while, the amp went out. It seems a water drip system in the back near the NAV system wasnt installed correctly and water dripped into my amp...$1000. Then my speakers started failing one-by-one. We determined it was the CD Player/ASK system. To fix that was another $1000. I tried a couple on eBay and they didnt work. The sellers SWORE they worked perfectly but it seems they were just talking about the CD player itself. The player also acts as the central computer and controls all of the speakers. I thought about writing BMW and getting their take on this stereo system made my Becker/Harmon Kardon. It seems there have been several (thousand) issues and complaints about this system failing continuously and being costly to fix. For $2000, you could have an amazing aftermarket system, but they cant be installed in these cars. I am still searching for an affordable solution to make my car the ultimate driving machine again!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Bigdog

Mein Auto: BMW 04 745LI
Question Seem like NO ONE CAME UP WITH the solution to this issue?

Seem like all of us are waiting for solution for this issue. So please only continue posting if you have the solution to this issue. PLEASE DON"T POSTS ANY THING ESLE BUT SOLUSION FOR THIS ISSUE. Thx, Kevin
Old 08-14-2010, 10:51 PM

Mein Auto: bmw745i
i have bmw 745i 2003. and my driver side and rear speakers are not working if any one knows about please tell me what i do. Please ???? thank you....
Old 08-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: 745li
atif85 . the front speaker run on on your ask player. and the rear run on amp. you will need to replace both
Old 08-16-2010, 09:16 AM

Mein Auto: bmw745i
irokdastar383. how i replace them ?? and how much are they ??? thank you 4 reply... do u think do i need 2 see Fuze !!!
Old 12-13-2010, 01:54 AM

Mein Auto: Bahrain
Adam745

I have 2002 745i and facing exactly the same issue that Adam explained and couldnt find anything interesting upon Googling. Does anyone see any workaround to fix this issue ?
Old 12-17-2010, 11:33 PM

Mein Auto: Bahrain
Adam745 - I have got this problem fixed by performing some wierd steps and you can give it a try:

- remove the radio/cd fuse (usually fuse no. 76) while the car engine is turned off
- eject the CD changer box (where the CDs are inserted) from dashboard
- plug-in the fuse again
- start the car and play a CD from main CD player (it should not make that noise and should not trip to radio)
- once you check the noise is not coming after playing the CD for 5 mins or so, insert the CD changer box with CDs
- run any CD from changer now and it should work fine

I know thats wierd but it worked for me, all the best !!

-Sohail
Old 09-14-2011, 05:52 AM

Mein Auto: X5
Hello From Estonia,

Problem is with the cd box. Take it off and close MOST ring and woilaaa
Old 01-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Sinerstar

Mein Auto: United States
Installed my dension lite and all was well until I ran some erans and got back in my car there was no bass. I'm unable to adjust any eq settings with I drive and all are at mid position. Also I'm unable to adjust the treble and bass settings with my I drive. CD changer completely removed. Steering controls work. Can someone help?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:31 PM

Mein Auto: dealership
hope this helps someone, got it from alldata, let me know if it works

SI B65 15 11
Audio, Navigation, Monitors, Alarms, SRS

September 2011
Technical Service

SUBJECT
CIC-HDD: Audio Output Has Dropouts or Distortions During Playback

MODEL
All models with option 609, (Navigation System Professional, CIC)

SITUATION
When a CD or DVD is inserted into the Car Information Computer (CIC) internal DVD drive, the audio output can have dropouts or distortions during playback.

INFORMATION

These audio output dropouts and/or distortions only occur if the inserted CD or DVD was already copied onto the CIC internal Hard Disc Drive (HDD) and when this CD or DVD has copy protection.

IMPORTANT:
As soon as a copy-protected CD or DVD was copied onto the HDD, the audio output dropouts and/or distortions also occur without a CD or DVD being inserted into the CIC internal DVD drive!

CAUSE

The CIC internal HDD recognizes the inserted CD or DVD as already copied onto the HDD and will play the music from the HDD database and not from the CD or DVD.

Therefore the music data copied from the copy protected CD or DVD onto the HDD can be corrupted and cause the audio output dropouts and/or distortions during playback.

Note:
CDs or DVDs that are played back in the CIC internal DVD drive but are not copied onto the HDD do not show this behavior.

CORRECTION
Do not replace parts and do not perform any repair attempt!

This is normal operation of the entertainment system.

Delete the music data stored on the CIC internal HDD and play the music directly from the CD or DVD inserted into the CIC internal DVD drive.

Please explain the behavior of the entertainment system to the customer.

This Service Information bulletin provides technical and diagnostic information only.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:49 AM

Mein Auto: dealership
anyone still working on this issue?

I have the GT1 software for bmw and i seem to be experiencing an intermittent issue, sometimes it works fine sometimes it doesnt, GT1 says no communication possible with the "top hi-fi amplifier" it says to check fuses and lines. i have not checked fuses yet but i will be working on it, my biggest worry is that it could be a fiber optic line, for i do not have any means to test fiber optics, any advice or hints would be helpful
Old 02-25-2012, 06:58 PM
ShoNuff745i

Mein Auto: 2004 745i
Hey Fam...I was having this same "Popping Sound" problem with my 2004 745i as well and after Googling for several days, I came across this possible solution.

http://www.justanswer.com/bmw/2xf2y-...i-sound-system

Bought another amp off Ebay for $650 (brand new Logic 7) and NO MORE POPPING and a Dramatic increase in Bass sound!

Hope this helps!

Last edited by ShoNuff745i; 02-25-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 745 Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam745 View Post
Just Purchased my 04 745i as a 1st car.
Having problems with the audio, someone please help..

Radio works sometimes,
when it doesnt work the display views FM/AM etc. however the channels do not show up.
When the radio does work or even when it doesnt the speakers give off a cracking snapping noise, sounds like loose wiring but I checked everything and nothing is lose. I sent the vehicle out to a ''PROFFESIONAL DIAGNOSTIC GUY'' and what he told me is he is not sure what the problem is however he will need to start with a radio, new radio lists for over $850 and then he said I might even need an amp which lists for over $900. plus the programming which will cost me another $3-400. I would appreciate it if one of you BMW techs can help me solve my problem. thanks.

Did you ever find an answer. Samething happened to me just now. Help please.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 745i
2004 745i CD Player and CD Changer options are greyed out.

I am having the same issue as everyone else and spent about a month googling forums and others on what the answer is. Did anyone find out what the actual cause is or how to fix this problem? I did not encounter any sound issues like crackling noises as some of the cases but when I started up my car one morning the CD and CD-C options were greyed out. AM, FM, WB are not selectable. I am able to go into the Tones and scroll through the options in there but still no point because there is no sound. My navigation does not work either when I try to use it. Parking sensor sound and the voice activated option on the steering wheel is not working. Spent a month driving listening to music on my iphone. someone please help..

What I Checked :
All the fuses inside the glove compartment and the rear trunk is all Good.
Reseted all the maintenenace iniside the bmw gauges. ( just hoped it might have done something ).
Reseted and cleaned everything out with the Scantool. ( just like above hoping it might do something ).
Removing the power connector for about an hour.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 - 745Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockygregs View Post
well, Did Anybody find a solution to this, Cos it seems like we are all experiencing the same damn problems with this cars. Can someone pls post a response on this to let us know if they were able to daignose what the real problem was a if they were able to get it fixed. I've had my car for two(2) months without no radio or navigation, So any help would be deeply appreciated.
I would love to find out if someone ever found out the solution to this problem as well. I'm having the same problems to the "T" with my 2004 BMW 745Li -

The cracking sound with the in and out volume is killing me. To add, now the engine light is on. I unplugged the battery and things got worse just like what was stated in the previous blogs. Now the screen will not turn off and no SVC voice and I get a Fault error with the picture of a red battery with I first turn on the car and drive for 5 minutes then it goes away.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 745LI
I have had the same problem what I did was take it to my bmw specalist and had them replace the ASK system. Basically the single cd player aka the brain is fried. This is going to cost u roughly 1400. ASK goes for around 1250 from bmw and then you've got to pay repgrograming and labor. Best of luck seems you had the same problems I've had. Did that and had control of the 7 again.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:42 AM
BMW Audio Technician

Send a message via Yahoo to Dakoopsta Send a message via Skype™ to Dakoopsta
Mein Auto: Black 7 on 24 Asanti's
To VPLusive ill be willing to take a look at your car i have family near you ill be visiting soon pm your number
To Damitchell pm this is not the easiest way if you want to save money
Old 03-02-2013, 04:43 PM

Mein Auto: 745i
AT Control Display for 2003 745i

I have had same problem with a BMW 745i / 2003 and radio being blank/dead on start up or going blank after 5-10 minutes on the road. My dealer also recommended a new AT control display at $4k ??
Old 08-21-2013, 08:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 745Li
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565121

Quote:
Just Purchased my 04 745i as a 1st car.

Radio works sometimes,
when it doesnt work the display views FM/AM etc. however the channels do not show up.
When the radio does work or even when it doesnt the speakers give off a cracking snapping noise, sounds like loose wiring but I checked everything and nothing is lose. I sent the vehicle out to a ''PROFFESIONAL DIAGNOSTIC GUY'' and what he told me is he is not sure what the problem is however he will need to start with a radio, new radio lists for over $850 and then he said I might even need an amp which lists for over $900. plus the programming which will cost me another $3-400. I would appreciate it if one of you BMW techs can help me solve my problem. thanks.
CALL THIS NUMBER 909-263-4296 .His name John...he fix my logic 7 Amplifier for $250.00. and his work is guaranteed for 1 year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damitchell View Post
I would love to find out if someone ever found out the solution to this problem as well. I'm having the same problems to the "T" with my 2004 BMW 745Li -

The cracking sound with the in and out volume is killing me. To add, now the engine light is on. I unplugged the battery and things got worse just like what was stated in the previous blogs. Now the screen will not turn off and no SVC voice and I get a Fault error with the picture of a red battery with I first turn on the car and drive for 5 minutes then it goes away.

Call this number (909) 944--8844 Hes a good tech guys for BMW. Work guaranteed for one year and very reasonable price.

Quote:
just purchased my 04 745i as a 1st car.

Radio works sometimes,
when it doesnt work the display views fm/am etc. However the channels do not show up.
When the radio does work or even when it doesnt the speakers give off a cracking snapping noise, sounds like loose wiring but i checked everything and nothing is lose. I sent the vehicle out to a ''proffesional diagnostic guy'' and what he told me is he is not sure what the problem is however he will need to start with a radio, new radio lists for over $850 and then he said i might even need an amp which lists for over $900. Plus the programming which will cost me another $3-400. I would appreciate it if one of you bmw techs can help me solve my problem. Thanks.
call this number 909-944-8844 excellent tech guys for bmw's

Last edited by PAPER; 08-21-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: multiple post in a row at different times