Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 03-22-2008, 06:22 PM
bimmernupe's Avatar
bimmernupe bimmernupe is offline
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT
Location: N. Va. via NJ, then DC(college)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,005
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagbklyn View Post
Had to give you a second round of applause, I literally spent my entire Saturday morning reading your trip report in detail and making notes to my ED itinerary, rechecking all my reservations, etc. It was well worth the wait while you posted...
I'm glad everyone approves and that your Saturday was not viewed as a waste. My original effort crashed and burned last evening. So I stayed up all night and started around 0330 since that is when I knew the least amount of members would be online. Now I am trying to stay awake so my sleep clock doesn't get screwed up.
I kind of played a scenario through my head of the reaction some people may have had when they saw please wait to post: PLEASE WAIT TO POST, who does he think he is. YEAH, who does he think he is.........HERTZ.
__________________
MY FAMOUS INDEPTH ED TRIP REPORT

Racism is not an exkuse to not do the best you kan -Arthur Ashe
(Yes I know that there are words spelled w/ a "K" where a "C" should be. Only Distinguished Gentlemen of K A Psi will understand.)


ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZPP l ZCW l ZSP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

Join BMWCCA www.bmwcca.org #369006

Last edited by bimmernupe; 03-22-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 03-22-2008, 07:35 PM
SJAPoc's Avatar
SJAPoc SJAPoc is online now
Driving 'en Plein Air'
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,174
Mein Auto: 435i vert ED July 2014
WOW! I am utterly exhausted! Well done
__________________
~ Stuart

F33 435i M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Oyster/Black/Estoril | 441M 18" Wheels | Driver's Assistance | Premium | MDHP | M-Sport Brakes | MPPK for added weight | MPE to round it off | De-Badged | M-Sport Vent Badges


RETIRED: 2008 E92 335i Coupé BMWCCA Nº. 383753
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 03-22-2008, 11:11 PM
sevendown sevendown is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, Texas, USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 329
Mein Auto: 2008 535i
I was wondering whether you would have trouble getting the car from your dealer on re-delivery, until I realized you did a PCD.

Any issues with the dealer on your return, or was the contract problem forgotten?
__________________
ED 7/4/08 - Redelivery 8/20/08: 535i, Platinum Gray, gray leather, dark poplar trim, auto., prem. package, sport package, park distance, heated front seats, fold-down rear seats, nav., HD radio, satellite radio, Logic 7, ipod.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 03-23-2008, 03:19 AM
bimmernupe's Avatar
bimmernupe bimmernupe is offline
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT
Location: N. Va. via NJ, then DC(college)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,005
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevendown View Post
I was wondering whether you would have trouble getting the car from your dealer on re-delivery, until I realized you did a PCD.

Any issues with the dealer on your return, or was the contract problem forgotten?
There was an issue with one of the managers when I returned. I went in a day or two after I returned to try to resolve the situation amicably. They tried to hold the $$$ I paid for the warranties hostage until I signed a new contract although I had an "I owe" from them for the $$$. Then he accused me in front of other customers of illegally driving a car I had no right to. I left and let my attorney hash it out.
I found out later from my a friend of mine, whom is a service mgr at another Passport store, that this guy had always been an ass and they were not surprised he would resort to intimidation.
It got to the point were the VP of the dealership had to call me to get things resolved. But by the time that happened, the damage was done. My friends and family that are planning to do ED will be recommended to either Adrian, Irv or Ricki.
__________________
MY FAMOUS INDEPTH ED TRIP REPORT

Racism is not an exkuse to not do the best you kan -Arthur Ashe
(Yes I know that there are words spelled w/ a "K" where a "C" should be. Only Distinguished Gentlemen of K A Psi will understand.)


ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZPP l ZCW l ZSP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

Join BMWCCA www.bmwcca.org #369006

Last edited by bimmernupe; 03-23-2008 at 04:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 03-23-2008, 04:42 AM
Jake C Jake C is offline
Slow But Speeding...
Location: US/UK
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 282
Mein Auto: 09 and 11 e90's
Amazing write up. Glad you enjoyed your trip. My wife and I went through Irv for our ED and had 0 problems.

- J
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:17 AM
Stevarino's Avatar
Stevarino Stevarino is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Annapolis, MD
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 550
Mein Auto: 2008 335 / 2014 X-3
I am impressed!

I was planning on making just a brief, routine check of the ED board to see if anyone had any news about re-delivery from Otello. That is when I started reading your post. It was like reading a novel that you could not put down! All of my schdule for today will have to be pushed back by an hour. You should consider selling you ED story to one of the car magaizines for publication. Roundel readers would eat this up. I felt like I was in the car with you at the "Ring". (I was real glad we made that right hander after going wieghtless.)

Excellent write up of an excellent trip. As a D200 owner I loved your photography. As a recent barbara red purchaser, I especially loved you car pictures. As a Passport/Jörn customer, sorry to hear about the contract fuss.

Remembering Europe has made a great start to my day. Thanks for sharing.
__________________
Current Vehicles

2008 E-93 335i Convertible (ED) (Keeper)

2014 X-3 35i (PCD)
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 03-23-2008, 08:13 AM
bimmernupe's Avatar
bimmernupe bimmernupe is offline
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT
Location: N. Va. via NJ, then DC(college)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,005
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevarino View Post
I was planning on making just a brief, routine check of the ED board to see if anyone had any news about re-delivery from Otello. That is when I started reading your post. It was like reading a novel that you could not put down! All of my schdule for today will have to be pushed back by an hour. You should consider selling you ED story to one of the car magaizines for publication. Roundel readers would eat this up. I felt like I was in the car with you at the "Ring". (I was real glad we made that right hander after going wieghtless.)

Excellent write up of an excellent trip. As a D200 owner I loved your photography. As a recent barbara red purchaser, I especially loved you car pictures. As a Passport/Jörn customer, sorry to hear about the contract fuss.

Remembering Europe has made a great start to my day. Thanks for sharing.
I am surprised by all the people saying that they sat and read this through in one sitting. You lucky guy, a D200!!! I can't get over how good that color makes the car look. As to Passport, I would have remained a customer, even recommended them to friends and family, but when they accused me of basically stealing the car, causing this issue with the contract and treated me with such disrespect; I will take my money elsewhere. Again Joern was awesome, but the two managers I dealt with are asses.
__________________
MY FAMOUS INDEPTH ED TRIP REPORT

Racism is not an exkuse to not do the best you kan -Arthur Ashe
(Yes I know that there are words spelled w/ a "K" where a "C" should be. Only Distinguished Gentlemen of K A Psi will understand.)


ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZPP l ZCW l ZSP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

Join BMWCCA www.bmwcca.org #369006
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 03-23-2008, 12:25 PM
_BillH _BillH is offline
Registered User
Location: Minneapolis
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: MX-5
Don't post here much but thought that I would chime in with a big congrats on the car, the girl, and the post. I'm a little ADHD so to sit and read it in one sitting says a lot about the quality of the prose. Two thumbs way up.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 03-23-2008, 12:46 PM
bimmernupe's Avatar
bimmernupe bimmernupe is offline
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT
Location: N. Va. via NJ, then DC(college)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,005
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by _BillH View Post
Don't post here much but thought that I would chime in with a big congrats on the car, the girl, and the post. I'm a little ADHD so to sit and read it in one sitting says a lot about the quality of the prose. Two thumbs way up.
My girlfriend happened to be sitting next me when I was reading your post. She is glad someone finally acknowledged that she was a participant on the trip.

Thanks for the kudos.
__________________
MY FAMOUS INDEPTH ED TRIP REPORT

Racism is not an exkuse to not do the best you kan -Arthur Ashe
(Yes I know that there are words spelled w/ a "K" where a "C" should be. Only Distinguished Gentlemen of K A Psi will understand.)


ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZPP l ZCW l ZSP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

Join BMWCCA www.bmwcca.org #369006
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 03-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Stevarino's Avatar
Stevarino Stevarino is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Annapolis, MD
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 550
Mein Auto: 2008 335 / 2014 X-3
"I can’t remember where on the road I was, but there was a section that crested and the Alfa left the road surface. I saw this and came off the throttle and Cooper did not leave the road, but I could feel that it barely held contact. As I crested, there was a quick right turn and I saw the line the Alfa took. I downshifted and hit the brakes HARD feeling the ABS kick in before the turn-in and accelerated through turn as my reaction to the turn was a second late. You could hear the tire screaming for dear life."

I like this part the best. Real drama.
__________________
Current Vehicles

2008 E-93 335i Convertible (ED) (Keeper)

2014 X-3 35i (PCD)
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 03-23-2008, 03:13 PM
bimmernupe's Avatar
bimmernupe bimmernupe is offline
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT
Location: N. Va. via NJ, then DC(college)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,005
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevarino View Post
"I can’t remember where on the road I was, but there was a section that crested and the Alfa left the road surface. I saw this and came off the throttle and Cooper did not leave the road, but I could feel that it barely held contact. As I crested, there was a quick right turn and I saw the line the Alfa took. I downshifted and hit the brakes HARD feeling the ABS kick in before the turn-in and accelerated through turn as my reaction to the turn was a second late. You could hear the tire screaming for dear life."

I like this part the best. Real drama.
I glad there was a run-off area at this turn.
__________________
MY FAMOUS INDEPTH ED TRIP REPORT

Racism is not an exkuse to not do the best you kan -Arthur Ashe
(Yes I know that there are words spelled w/ a "K" where a "C" should be. Only Distinguished Gentlemen of K A Psi will understand.)


ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZPP l ZCW l ZSP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

Join BMWCCA www.bmwcca.org #369006
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 03-23-2008, 05:08 PM
MJKillian MJKillian is offline
Stable of the Snails
Location: NC
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 22
Mein Auto: 911, S4, MCS
" . . . but there was a section that crested and the Alfa left the road surface. I saw this and came off the throttle and Cooper did not leave the road, but I could feel that it barely held contact. As I crested, there was a quick right turn . . ."

Sounds like Flugplatz.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 03-23-2008, 05:36 PM
bimmernupe's Avatar
bimmernupe bimmernupe is offline
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT
Location: N. Va. via NJ, then DC(college)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,005
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKillian View Post
" . . . but there was a section that crested and the Alfa left the road surface. I saw this and came off the throttle and Cooper did not leave the road, but I could feel that it barely held contact. As I crested, there was a quick right turn . . ."

Sounds like Flugplatz.
I just looked that up and it probably was.
__________________
MY FAMOUS INDEPTH ED TRIP REPORT

Racism is not an exkuse to not do the best you kan -Arthur Ashe
(Yes I know that there are words spelled w/ a "K" where a "C" should be. Only Distinguished Gentlemen of K A Psi will understand.)


ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZPP l ZCW l ZSP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

Join BMWCCA www.bmwcca.org #369006
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 03-23-2008, 05:52 PM
_BillH _BillH is offline
Registered User
Location: Minneapolis
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmernupe View Post
My girlfriend happened to be sitting next me when I was reading your post. She is glad someone finally acknowledged that she was a participant on the trip.

Thanks for the kudos.
Hey, with a smile like that I'm pretty sure everyone noticed. I always click on the pics of the pretty girls before the pics of the cars! Hopefully that's normal or everyone on this forum needs a little help! You can pass on for me the fact that you backed up when you hit the ice in the mountains is a sign of higher intelligence rather than most who would exhibit a bit of the typically male bravado. If my wife were typing she'd probably make a comment about having first hand experience with males who mellow a bit with age.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 03-23-2008, 05:56 PM
bimmernupe's Avatar
bimmernupe bimmernupe is offline
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT
Location: N. Va. via NJ, then DC(college)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,005
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by _BillH View Post
Hey, with a smile like that I'm pretty sure everyone noticed. I always click on the pics of the pretty girls before the pics of the cars! Hopefully that's normal or everyone on this forum needs a little help! You can pass on for me the fact that you backed up when you hit the ice in the mountains is a sign of higher intelligence rather than most who would exhibit a bit of the typically male bravado. If my wife were typing she'd probably make a comment about having first hand experience with males who mellow a bit with age.


I let her read your post. She had a big Colgate grin.....vanity I tell ya!!
__________________
MY FAMOUS INDEPTH ED TRIP REPORT

Racism is not an exkuse to not do the best you kan -Arthur Ashe
(Yes I know that there are words spelled w/ a "K" where a "C" should be. Only Distinguished Gentlemen of K A Psi will understand.)


ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZPP l ZCW l ZSP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

Join BMWCCA www.bmwcca.org #369006

Last edited by bimmernupe; 03-23-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:54 PM
fszatko's Avatar
fszatko fszatko is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Wisconsin
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 171
Mein Auto: 2007 335xi
Awesome report. Awesome details. Awesome pics. Thank you!
__________________
335xi Sedan | Montego Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Aluminum Trim | 6MT | Premium | Sport | Cold Weather | Comfort Access | Rear Sunshades | Parking Distance | 6FL USB

European Delivery Report - May 2007
European Delivery Photos - May 2007
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 03-24-2008, 07:52 AM
bimmernupe's Avatar
bimmernupe bimmernupe is offline
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT
Location: N. Va. via NJ, then DC(college)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,005
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fszatko View Post
Awesome report. Awesome details. Awesome pics. Thank you!
Awesomely nice kudos
__________________
MY FAMOUS INDEPTH ED TRIP REPORT

Racism is not an exkuse to not do the best you kan -Arthur Ashe
(Yes I know that there are words spelled w/ a "K" where a "C" should be. Only Distinguished Gentlemen of K A Psi will understand.)


ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZPP l ZCW l ZSP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

Join BMWCCA www.bmwcca.org #369006
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 03-24-2008, 10:28 AM
djlfp's Avatar
djlfp djlfp is offline
Happy as a snapping clam
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 808
Mein Auto: 06 750Li
Well done. Thank you.
__________________
djlfp
Semper Paratus
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 03-24-2008, 11:15 AM
adc adc is offline
BMW Fahrer
Location: DC-MD-VA
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,643
Mein Auto: E90 M3
Yeah man! I just had a 3rd ED through your post, thank you. You said it would be awhile coming because of the large number of photos and substantial contents, but it was well worth the wait. What a treat...

I'm glad to see you enjoyed your camera and I can certainly see the D80 classes paid off.

A word of advice - Benadryl or Dramamine works well for Stelvio and other similar roads.
__________________

adc
09 M3 Sedan ED
12 MINI Countryman S All4
93 Miata LE
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 03-24-2008, 11:22 AM
bimmernupe's Avatar
bimmernupe bimmernupe is offline
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT
Location: N. Va. via NJ, then DC(college)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,005
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Yeah man! I just had a 3rd ED through your post, thank you. You said it would be awhile coming because of the large number of photos and substantial contents, but it was well worth the wait. What a treat...

I'm glad to see you enjoyed your camera and I can certainly see the D80 classes paid off.

A word of advice - Benadryl or Dramamine works well for Stelvio and other similar roads.
What was funny is that she was pretty much ok during the day driving. It was just doing Stelvio at night. But I will definitely keep that tidbit in mind.
__________________
MY FAMOUS INDEPTH ED TRIP REPORT

Racism is not an exkuse to not do the best you kan -Arthur Ashe
(Yes I know that there are words spelled w/ a "K" where a "C" should be. Only Distinguished Gentlemen of K A Psi will understand.)


ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZPP l ZCW l ZSP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

Join BMWCCA www.bmwcca.org #369006
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 03-25-2008, 10:15 AM
bimmernupe's Avatar
bimmernupe bimmernupe is offline
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT
Location: N. Va. via NJ, then DC(college)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,005
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Which pic are you talking about?
__________________
MY FAMOUS INDEPTH ED TRIP REPORT

Racism is not an exkuse to not do the best you kan -Arthur Ashe
(Yes I know that there are words spelled w/ a "K" where a "C" should be. Only Distinguished Gentlemen of K A Psi will understand.)


ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZPP l ZCW l ZSP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

Join BMWCCA www.bmwcca.org #369006
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 03-27-2008, 06:28 PM
DSExmachia DSExmachia is offline
Registered User
Location: New Hampshire
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 335i Coupe 6MT
Hi Bimmernupe, I also read your posting at one sitting and relived a lot of my ED experience. My wife and I had a great time as well, and your keen observations of many of the sights and happenings brought it all back again.
A couple of things:
Ang is indeed lovely, the smile and the killer almond eyes say the view was as nice inside the car as it was through the window. So, um, any thoughts of perhaps her becoming Mrs. Bimmernupe?
"Arbeit macht frei" on the gate at Dachau means "Work will make you free". It's the last thing millions read as they entered the camps.
Thanks for your post. Oh, I'm also an amateur photog. Your pictures are great.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 03-27-2008, 07:02 PM
bimmernupe's Avatar
bimmernupe bimmernupe is offline
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT
Location: N. Va. via NJ, then DC(college)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,005
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Glad you enjoyed the story. Yes, we are working in that direction. i just told her that my thread has gone from being about the trip and car, to being solely about her. And I was wondering exactly what it meant.

Again thanks for the kudos.
__________________
MY FAMOUS INDEPTH ED TRIP REPORT

Racism is not an exkuse to not do the best you kan -Arthur Ashe
(Yes I know that there are words spelled w/ a "K" where a "C" should be. Only Distinguished Gentlemen of K A Psi will understand.)


ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZPP l ZCW l ZSP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

Join BMWCCA www.bmwcca.org #369006
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 03-27-2008, 08:00 PM
DSExmachia DSExmachia is offline
Registered User
Location: New Hampshire
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 335i Coupe 6MT
for that one last Radler
LOL, that is the one and only bad experience I had on my ED trip. I was in Austria during Oktoberfest and spent several days soaking up the local customs in Salzburg. One wild evening we decided to have Chinese and that's where I met Radler. I speak a little German, enough to get by, buy dinner, make reservations, small talk etc. However this restaurant was run by recently arrived Chinese and their German was rudimentary. Their Mandarin was excellent for all I knew. I sure didn't speak any.
Anyway, as you say, when in Rome do as the Romans, so I'm having a beer with dinner, lunch and occasionally, breakfast. I see this new brand of beer on the menu, Radler, and naturally I have to try it. My gracious host was unable to tell me anything comprehensible about the beer, but I'm game. WTF, it's horse piss or something! Just what is that stuff? I think Radler is a category and not a brand. Could be half beer, half lemonade, and half distilled bratwurst. That adds up to 150 percent awful! You liked it?
Please notice that your gf was not mentioned once in this posting. Well, not until now.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 03-27-2008, 08:04 PM
bimmernupe's Avatar
bimmernupe bimmernupe is offline
UR MOTHER IS AN ASTRONAUT
Location: N. Va. via NJ, then DC(college)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,005
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSExmachia View Post
for that one last Radler
LOL, that is the one and only bad experience I had on my ED trip. I was in Austria during Oktoberfest and spent several days soaking up the local customs in Salzburg. One wild evening we decided to have Chinese and that's where I met Radler. I speak a little German, enough to get by, buy dinner, make reservations, small talk etc. However this restaurant was run by recently arrived Chinese and their German was rudimentary. Their Mandarin was excellent for all I knew. I sure didn't speak any.
Anyway, as you say, when in Rome do as the Romans, so I'm having a beer with dinner, lunch and occasionally, breakfast. I see this new brand of beer on the menu, Radler, and naturally I have to try it. My gracious host was unable to tell me anything comprehensible about the beer, but I'm game. WTF, it's horse piss or something! Just what is that stuff? I think Radler is a category and not a brand. Could be half beer, half lemonade, and half distilled bratwurst. That adds up to 150 percent awful! You liked it?
Please notice that your gf was not mentioned once in this posting. Well, not until now.
You might have had a bad one and yes I believe Radler is a concoction of bier and lemonade. In Hamburg they put Sprite in. It was great.
__________________
MY FAMOUS INDEPTH ED TRIP REPORT

Racism is not an exkuse to not do the best you kan -Arthur Ashe
(Yes I know that there are words spelled w/ a "K" where a "C" should be. Only Distinguished Gentlemen of K A Psi will understand.)


ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZPP l ZCW l ZSP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

Join BMWCCA www.bmwcca.org #369006

Last edited by bimmernupe; 03-27-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
euro delivery, nueschwanstein, nurburgring, stelvio, welt


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms