Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 04-26-2003, 09:48 AM
The Original Dr. Phil

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Phil
Mein Auto: 2012 135 coupe
Cool ZHP for me maybe

Just returned from dealer. Had a nice chat about the best way to get me into this car...................

Because of my issues with wagon, both the dealer and NA are being very good about making things right for me. I am quite pleased with the discussions at this point. Hard facts to come on Monday, so wish me luck

I should have never driven the darn car, no I am hooked on the package. And I guess I should have studied the sticker a little closer too

Last edited by Dr. Phil; 04-26-2003 at 09:52 AM.
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2003, 09:54 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Ok, now I understand why you woke up so early AND mentioned something about pictures ...

You are, BTW, completely corrupted. You know that, don't you?

Monday then. What do you plan to do this weekend to kill the pain of waiting for Monday?

Old 04-26-2003, 09:55 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Well, it is a lot cheaper than my E39 was ...

Buy it, Phil! Buy it!
Old 04-26-2003, 10:08 AM
pimpee

Send a message via AIM to LilEccentricJ
Mein Auto: 2004 GMC Duramax Diesel
bottom line _________________
YOU'RE GETTING THAT CAR!!!!!!!

New Sig SOON!!! Just need to find time to make an 11 MB flashing sig file for my new truck
Does anyone rememeber my BMW?
Old 04-26-2003, 10:13 AM
The Original Dr. Phil

Quote:
Originally posted by LilEccentricJ
bottom line _________________
YOU'RE GETTING THAT CAR!!!!!!!

You too, first Clem, then Alee, Patrick, Alex B

Facts are facts though
Old 04-26-2003, 10:17 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Phil

You too, first Clem, then Alee, Patrick, Alex B

Facts are facts though
Well, if you are going down in a ball of fire (or cow dung), I want to at least be able to say that I was 2.5% of the motivation!

Buy it Phil.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:17 AM
Code 66

Mein Auto: .
nicely equiped
Old 04-26-2003, 10:24 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
BTW, those wheels are excellent. I really like them.

Buy it Phil.

HK sounds too ...

Buy it Phil.

Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:24 AM
A sudden sense of liberty

Mein Auto: 535xiT, Golf R, 987S
That's exactly the car I would order (except maybe in Imola Red).

Good luck.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:29 AM
OMGWTFBBQ

Mein Auto:
Re: ZHP for me maybe

Quote:
Just returned from dealer. Had a nice chat about the best way to get me into this car...................

Because of my issues with wagon, both the dealer and NA are being very good about making things right for me. I am quite pleased with the discussions at this point. Hard facts to come on Monday, so wish me luck

I should have never driven the darn car, no I am hooked on the package. And I guess I should have studied the sticker a little closer too

You know what I think

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
Old 04-26-2003, 10:38 AM
The Original Dr. Phil

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick 520iAT
BTW, those wheels are excellent. I really like them.

Buy it Phil.

HK sounds too ...

Buy it Phil.

Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil. Buy it Phil.

I know what you think too
Old 04-26-2003, 10:39 AM
The Original Dr. Phil

Re: Re: ZHP for me maybe

Quote:
Originally posted by Clyde@work

You know what I think

Not really sure
Old 04-26-2003, 11:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '08 535 6mt
If you get it, please replace that imitation Elvis steering wheel with the proper M leather wheel.
Old 04-26-2003, 11:56 AM
Revelation 10:7

Mein Auto: 2003 330i
Nice car Phil, I hope you work something out.

Is the Optional Leather something you would choose, or would you rather have the Alcantara?
Old 04-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 06 EZGO TXT, chipped!
Nice ride, get it, you know you want it!

Live for today.........(I try to convince myself of this all the time)
Old 04-26-2003, 12:04 PM
Jegshemash, I like you!

Send a message via AIM to Bobby 325i
Mein Auto: '05 G35C 6MT
JUST BUY IT MAN... Don't think twice..
Old 04-26-2003, 12:53 PM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
BUY IT !!!

Old 04-26-2003, 12:57 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 06 EZGO TXT, chipped!
Re: ZHP for me maybe

Quote:

Can you please explain why you are so hooked on the package? I ordered one but have not driven one yet so it would be nice to hear. Is the shifter notably shorter than the standard 3 series shifter? Is the increased power noticeable? Etc.

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2003, 01:01 PM
The Original Dr. Phil

Quote:
Originally posted by GSR13
Nice car Phil, I hope you work something out.

Is the Optional Leather something you would choose, or would you rather have the Alcantara?
The dealer ordered with leather for the lot. His comment was that because not all follow the JonM proper entry into a car method, the Alcantra bolster have a tendacy to wear Then associated it with some prior M cars with similar interiors.

If I would spec and wait, I would likely go Alcantra.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:12 PM
The Original Dr. Phil

Re: Re: ZHP for me maybe

Quote:
Originally posted by greginaz1
Can you please explain why you are so hooked on the package? I ordered one but have not driven one yet so it would be nice to hear. Is the shifter notably shorter than the standard 3 series shifter? Is the increased power noticeable? Etc.

Thanks!
Coming from a 325 wagon, the power is obviously better. But to address your direct question.....................

Compared to regular 330 I think the butt dyno is more a result of the rear gearing in combination with the HP/torque increase. The 10 HP is notable but on its own I doubt many of us would be able to give it a but as I said with the gearing thrown into the equation and the increase, albeit modest, in torque I would not purchase a regular 330 at this point. The SSK is by far better then the standard shift kit, no I do not own one but have driven enough demos/test drive to tell the difference. Throw in the wheels, body kit, Alcantra wheel (that's right OBD it will stay ) and roof liner then it was a no brainer for me.

If the cosmetic portion of the package does not do it for you, think of it this way. Retro fit for SSK, etc. would likely push you up to the price point (counting regular SP in base)of a 330 once modded. If you desire these mechanical improvements alone, it is worthwhile IMO.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:15 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Baumann
BUY IT !!!

What he said (although I did say it earlier).

Old 04-26-2003, 01:18 PM
The Original Dr. Phil

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick 520iAT
What he said (although I did say it earlier).

Drink more wine and then send me a contribution to the down payment
Old 04-26-2003, 01:22 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Drink more wine and then send me a contribution to the down payment
I have switched to VTs ... but if I get a test drive, a contribution is in order.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:26 PM
The Original Dr. Phil

Quote:
Originally posted by rumatt
I'll go against the flow here.

DON'T BUY IT.

Special order one with the options you actually want, and spend the money saved on a big screen TV or something.

Or is it optioned exactly as you want it?
Already have big screen, and the leather is the only not 100% sure piece

Plus its all about the deal
Old 04-26-2003, 01:28 PM
I like cookies.

Mein Auto: 328Ci
get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it